Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Beginner weapon?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old January 17th, 2008, 00:52   #16
surebet
Vicious MSPaint Wizard

Read more, not everything is vulnerable.

Stop American Censorship
surebet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2008, 02:26   #17
Greylocks

A lot of what you want, like sights, are in Canada and cheap. Read a lot or go see in person. ps complete your user profile?
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2008, 02:44   #18
Sha Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by kullwarrior View Post
Okay I still doing my research and planning, need some opinions on the following airsoft gun. So far I have narrow down quite a bit of choice from the:.........

Prefer: Good range, Semi-Transparent magazine, Dummy bullet included
Quote:
thought getting stuff from US can get seized, not sure though.
Transparent mags with ascetic "dummy rounds" in / on mags (such as the P-90 low caps and the MP-5 dual shorty hi caps) are on the Canada Customs and RCMP banned lists and will get seized at the boarder quicker than you can squeeze a trigger.

Just an FYI;
SHA DO
Sha Do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2008, 03:32   #19
Drake
E-01

Following what Sha Do said.

You're considering a G36, apparently because of the fake bullet mags..? So okay, lets run with that idea a bit. Do you plan on just using 1 or 2 hicaps? Oops, wait, the G36 hicaps don't have the fake bullets. So you're using locaps. Okay, milsim and all, that's cool. So what are you going to carry all those mags in? It's a rhetorical question really; in the end you'll find finding vests or ammo pouches to carry G36 mags is a bit harder since most things are made for AR style mags and G36 mags are bigger (you'll fit one in a double mag pouch).

A lot of people opt for the magwell conversion so they can use AR mags in their G36. But then no fake bullets, either. But the AR mags really are easier to carry, available for cheaper, and not a problem to import (not that you even have to, there are some here for cheap already).

Either way, the point is your if you're actually serious about playing (which I assume you are, since you want to upgrade it and are concerned about the motor) your choice of AEG really shouldn't be limited to mags having fake bullets or not, that's a very poser-ish/kid wanting a cool looking wall hanger to impress his friends kinda route to go down.
Old January 17th, 2008, 08:31   #20
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

full guns metal lowwer recivers and bullet mags most outher stuff is good to go

ifyou want the bullet look get a real mag and some dummy rounds and a dual mag clamp
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft

Last edited by Hectic; January 17th, 2008 at 08:34..
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2008, 08:42   #21
yanhchan

Send a message via AIM to yanhchan Send a message via MSN to yanhchan
G36C eventhough I hate the look of it, I have to admit its simple takedown and reliability compared to say the Armalite family is a definate win.

Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country ~John F. Kennedy
yanhchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2008, 09:32   #22
kalnaren

The CA36 is a great gun, completely awsome stock. I dropped in a MS100SP spring and a new spring guide -less than a $50 upgrade- and the thing shoots amazing using .25's. The reflex sight on it though is a pain in the ass. Eye relief is so poor that it usually took 2-3 seconds for me to sight anything through it once shouldered. I ended up replaceing it with an SL-8 rail with normal sights and it works amazing. The only other issue is that it's not exactly a CQB gun. Even with the stock folded it's hard to maneuver in tight spaces.

As for the magazines, they are fairly easy to get in and out of a double M16 mag pouch, but not as easy as a STANAG. The G36 double mag pouches are rather annoying to say the least.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2008, 16:05   #23
kullwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
The CA36 is a great gun...
The only reason I have second thought right now about CA G36 is the following
*Bad Wiring & Motor(need to be replaced by TM motor to improve, and I DONT WANT TO UPGRADE yet)
*Quality check I heard was not as good as TM
*Really really pricy, to be honest my initial budget on the gun it self was <$480 but it turns out you can only buy a pistol with that amount in Canadian, once again the Border guards like to rip off Canadians with Tariff (say 200%) So far CA G36 I found online price is almost $800

The reason I want one of those are simply because of pop culture thats all, I like dummy bullets, and finally I heard hi-cap have problem with the getting all bb out without jam.
G36 -Germany Army use it, Fan of the Heckler & Koch
G36C -TM refuse to sell full size or kurz version. And with TM getting good rep..
SIG552 - Was hoping I can get 30rnd magazine
FN P90 - Watch too much star-gate x.x and Canadian JTF#2 use it so yea.
Steyr AUG - Cant lock the bolt back = unrealistic = no good
Some reason I denied AR-15 series simply because I hate American made guns. More of a fan in Anglo-Saxon Firearm.
As for Mag pouch, took me 5 min to find a G36 compatiable one (G36 Double stack for clip together or not) and P90 Pouch (Single UMP/ FNP90 ones, originally made for P90 mags) Although dump mag bag is gonna be a big issue I think.

EDIT: Using 2 STANAG mag pouch for a Single G36 is a loose or tight? Or can anyone just take a picture of a g36 and STANAG for comparison

Last edited by kullwarrior; January 17th, 2008 at 16:12.. Reason: more stuff no double post xD
kullwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2008, 16:12   #24
Flying Squirrel

Quote:
Steyr AUG - Cant lock the bolt back = unrealistic = no good
EDIT:
. . . Mine locks back.

Certified Airsoft Level 2 Bolt-Action Sharp-shooter
Flying Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2008, 16:25   #25
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
One minor thing is you will only get an EG1000 motor in TM guns, not CA. So if you want one (I'd go EG700 over EG1000 though, my preference) in whatever gun you buy (say a CA) then you'd have to buy an EG1000 separately and install it.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2008, 16:28   #26
LyquidFyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Squirrel View Post
. . . Mine locks back.
+1 Mine locks back too. It's a TM Aug Civilian model. You can even do a variation of the HK slap...wouldn't recommend it though as the bolt handle might go flying off after continued abuse.
Old January 17th, 2008, 16:40   #27
Omi-san

Quote:

The only reason I have second thought right now about CA G36 is the following

*Bad Wiring & Motor (need to be replaced by TM motor to improve, and I DONT WANT TO UPGRADE yet)
uh?

Why do you care about the motor if you aren't planning to upgrade soon?

There are also other pieces that you will need to replace or upgrade way before touching the motor.

Last edited by Omi-san; January 17th, 2008 at 16:42..
Omi-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2008, 17:09   #28
kullwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omi-san View Post
uh?

Why do you care about the motor if you aren't planning to upgrade soon?

There are also other pieces that you will need to replace or upgrade way before touching the motor.
Umm I dont want a gun that breaks down internally simple. and the AUG refuse to lock back I believed its the TM ones A2. And I know about the motor thing thats why I said I dont want to upgrade it. As a baby Before it walk it need to stand etc not run first walk later...
kullwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2008, 17:12   #29
Amos

The bolt locking back is NOT what you should be looking for in an airsoft gun...

What you're doing here is eliminating a very large chunk of very good beginner guns simply for useless aesthetic reasons.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2008, 17:26   #30
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
The bolt locking back is NOT what you should be looking for in an airsoft gun...

What you're doing here is eliminating a very large chunk of very good beginner guns simply for useless aesthetic reasons.
+1
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion