My TorontoAirsoft.com review

:

Reviews

Old March 5th, 2013, 23:46   #46
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seff5677 View Post
They're working hours are not that good, makes me wonder if this is just a part time thing for all the people who run/ own the place.

i would love to get a new gbbr but i dont know which to get, i waited for a long time for that ghk ak74

They have a nice store though
Go elsewhere for a GBBR.

Only GBBR I can vouch for long term is the WETTI/AWSS M4A1 (Closed bolt and Taiwan version), the things a beast and been serving me loyally for years now besides some mag issues and a hopup issue I caused through my own error. Many people like to RATech their WE guns and it is on my list down the road. There are many users who have WE AKs who would probably be happy to answer your questions
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2013, 00:18   #47
Seff5677

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gato View Post
Go elsewhere for a GBBR.

Only GBBR I can vouch for long term is the WETTI/AWSS M4A1 (Closed bolt and Taiwan version), the things a beast and been serving me loyally for years now besides some mag issues and a hopup issue I caused through my own error. Many people like to RATech their WE guns and it is on my list down the road. There are many users who have WE AKs who would probably be happy to answer your questions

hey thanks for the reply. Ya if i got WE m4 i would certainly RA TECH everything inside it and make it bullet proof. I also had plans to do this for the ak74 i briefly had
Seff5677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2013, 00:25   #48
Seff5677

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gato View Post
Go elsewhere for a GBBR.

your referring to a different store for gbbr's or just different gbbr like m4's in general?
Seff5677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2013, 01:01   #49
EchoFourTwelve
Enjoy's Tight Groupings from behind in his Tight Pants

Send a message via Skype™ to EchoFourTwelve
I know how you guys feel..kinda...haha Well here's the story: I had bought something from the classifieds from a TAS employee. He (who shall not be named) was very willing to help me with that purchase, but while I was there I thought "Hey, i should check out some of their stuff!" ... had another employee who just finished a retail deal go help other people so i waited a bit, when i saw that he wasn't busy i had asked him about something (i forget what; it may have been about a V2 gearbox with a quick change spring system.) and if they had it in stock. He stared at me for a couple of seconds and instead of verbally saying "no, we're out of stock" or "no, we don't have that for you" or even "please hold on, i'm currently busy" (which he wasn't, he was standing there staring off in the distance) he just shook is head and without another word went back to doing nothing. I felt like it wasn't very professional of him and it just rubbed me the wrong way. I can't say that I will be purchasing from them anymore, but I can say that they're last on my list of airsoft shops in the GTA. Even though this was an extremely minor problem/I may be nit picking, I don't know if I'm the only one but I kind of sensed a "I art holier than thou" deal going on with that one employee...

Last edited by EchoFourTwelve; March 6th, 2013 at 02:26..
EchoFourTwelve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2013, 03:10   #50
Danke

Did any of you folks speak up at the time? Or did you just mope out the door?
Old March 6th, 2013, 12:18   #51
Uberg33k

I wasn't going to chime in but I feel I should say something positive. I'm in no way refuting other posters, but my experience has been the exact opposite.

Been there many times and always gotten good service. If anything the other customers have rubbed me the wrong way. lol See here;

http://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=150391

But service wise, while not perfect is no where near, for me at least what is being described in the former posts. Maybe I've been lucky, but I even brought a friend of mine who is probably the most indecisive person on the planet and was clearly aggravating the dudes behind the counter yet they continued to help and answer all his questions. Again, maybe my experience but still. I do agree that the pick a number system is atrocious and should be revamped. Because the poor customers behind my friend wanted to tear him a new one for taking so long. But the young guy that was dealing with us did walk away a few times to help others during so I don't know, I like the store, I've been treated with respect (I am an older guy who looks young but I wasn't treated a such), and all in all my experience with the store has been pleasant.

I'm sorry to see so many people feeling quite the opposite.
Uberg33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2013, 13:03   #52
Covax

My experience has been good.

Ordered a Cybergun GSG 522 RIS (MP5/UMP mashup) as a backup gun for when my brother visits from the States. It came with a cracked rail, so I took a photo of it and e-mailed it. Got a replacement one in the mail that same week. The gun itself shoots like a laser, unmodified.
Old March 6th, 2013, 13:15   #53
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seff5677 View Post
your referring to a different store for gbbr's or just different gbbr like m4's in general?
Go to other retailers, the WE is fine in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
Did any of you folks speak up at the time? Or did you just mope out the door?
Oh, trust me, I spoke the fuck up
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2013, 13:48   #54
Baroc

Rick from toronto airsoft is a dick.
When provided with a huge amount of evidence that his store was wrong when describing the item i purchased he replied with a "well I guess there's not much more I can do for you then", having not done anything at all in the first place. He refused to fess up to his store's mistake and even went as far to to blame me.

just so you guys know, THIS is what I bought (http://www.torontoairsoft.com/CYMA-A...ck_p_2449.html)

My issue was that I bought it for my AK47 as a "sturdyier than original" stock.
The item description for this is "Fixed black stock for your AK! Traditional feeling with modern look."

It clearly indicates that this is for an AK model rifle, which I have.
Rick replied with a "well it does say ak74 in the name" after I told him that this stock does NOT fit the AK47 and I wanted a refund. I replied saying that his ad said it was for ALL AK's and that the name of the item was "AK74 STYLE fixed black stock", which just goes to reinforce my point that they fasley advertised the product in the first place. They offered me a refund only if the packaging was undammaged (which is impossible if you open the package in the first place. So now I'm stuck with a stock that doesn't fit when it should have and a the store doesn't want to take responsability.

My advice to everyone here, "DONT BUY FROM TORONTO AIRSOFT!"
/Baroc out
Baroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2013, 14:06   #55
sammynac99

In my limited experience with the store, i have been there 3 or 4 times, i went once for boxing day but didn't have time to stick around long. I was greeted there by an elderly salesman who was very helpful with my enquiries, he even let me handle all the pistols i wanted, even though i wasn't set on necessarily purchasing one, but comparing to other brands and feels.

i've been looking to get into a KJW KC02, and they seem to have the best price in the city, at 279 i think i will buy it from them as i havent had any luck finding it elsewhere in the city, or within the same price.

Definitely havent bought alot off them but looking at this makes me ponder, if i can find the gun somewhere else............
You find yourself in the ocean,20 foot waves,Going up against a 800-pound tuna with his 20 or 30 friends?You lose that battle.You lose that battle 9 times out of 10.Well guess what? You’ve wandered into a school of tuna and we now have a taste of lion! We’ve communicated.Lion is good!
sammynac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2013, 14:21   #56
BennyBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by XZIVR View Post
So I need some orings for my WE M4 mag. Called them up and said hey, I need the oring kit for my gun, but I dont wanna pay $14 shipping for a $3 part. Any chance you could just send them letter mail? "Nope, sorry sir but we wont ship anything without a tracking number, so we have proof it's delivered." Ok, fair enough, but this is a $3 part. Surely you can make an exception? I promise I wont like sue you for $3 if the package truly doesn't arrive, or whatever "I said NO. we do NOT ship ANY other method." OK buddy. Thanks a lot.

I figured I would just toss it on my order next time I buy from them but between their selection, prices and the bad taste that conversation left in my mouth, it's 6 months later and I haven't ordered anything from them. In other news, WTB WE mag oring kit........
Some people just don't like being burned over and over again, understandable if you consider their position.
BennyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2013, 21:04   #57
nichtessen

Went to them yesterday to pick up my first gun ever. The guys were busy but still having a good time helping customers and chit chatting. Let me handle the gun to get the feel of it better. Tested it explain key features and return policy. Went home happy tho wish they had the full list of what I wanted. Some things are out of stock but will be back later to pick up the full list. Over all 5/5
nichtessen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2013, 00:21   #58
Apathy

I ordered my we pdw...no problems whatsoever and shipped promptly. arrived with no problem.
Apathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 15:30   #59
Mr. Gruntsworthy

I think too many people in this sport/hobby have oversized heads.

Seriously? getting miffed because the guy merely shook his head at you? Because he wouldn't standard-mail a $3 part? Because they stick to their policies?

I was at TA to buy my MP5, and it was hella busy that day. The numbered system they used made it very efficient. It stops the guy who just walked in from getting served, while the other guy who's been waiting by the counter for half an hour gets passed again. I was polite and friendly with the guy. He wasn't very sociable and didn't look at all friendly, but I could tell he appreciated being treated with respect, and it was reciprocated in kind--he even folded my MP5 box inside-out for me so that the gun pics weren't splashed all over the box.

In general, people need to get their head out of the clouds and realize that store employees (not just airsoft; retailers in general) are usually working for peanuts and don't need to cater to a customer's every whim. They have personalities, faults, and life problems just like the rest of us. Sometimes, that carries over to work by mistake; like the occasional wrong order sent, gruff personality, and so forth.

What I'm trying to say is, don't throw a hissy fit whenever someone makes a mistake. Should it be fixed? Of course, I'm not saying otherwise. Just realize that it might not be that person's day. Instead of a 'strongly-worded phone call', try being nice to the guy. You'd be suprised how quickly and efficiently these mistakes can be corrected when you do this.

(Of course, there's always the occasional one-off who's a totally incompetent fucktard, or a real shit-head who thinks he's King Tits. They should be easy to spot a mile away.)

On topic; like I said, I bought my Mp5 A3 there. Great little gun, and the price was fantastic--$110 for it. On the downside, the store was very hard to find--I had to call and ask for a description, to find out I was standing right in front of the store. They're in a bit of a bad neighborhood though, so I can understand them not wanting to advertise their presence...

Sidearm: KJW Taurus PT92 (olive drab)
320fps, semi-automatic. Propane GBB

Oshawa Deathmatch Community -- An open facebook group for Durham/Toronto Airsoft players. Join the Forums as well
Come join!

My Game Dev website: http://mikeseguin.webs.com/
Mr. Gruntsworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 15:49   #60
nichtessen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Gruntsworthy View Post
On topic; like I said, I bought my Mp5 A3 there. Great little gun, and the price was fantastic--$110 for it. On the downside, the store was very hard to find--I had to call and ask for a description, to find out I was standing right in front of the store. They're in a bit of a bad neighborhood though, so I can understand them not wanting to advertise their presence...
This is true me and my friend were standing there the first time we went for 30-40mins having a smoke and drinknig coffee walking around the building going hhmmm. Wasn't till some one walked out with a gun case that I found the store lol.

Was there again the other day buying parts. Place was busy but still friendly people. Didn't have a problem this day either. Tho I only wish the online store was kept kinda up todate on in stocks. Other then that it's still a good store.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews