Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Systema PTW MP5

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old December 19th, 2007, 11:50   #16
Beowulfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhad View Post
wow you PTW fanboys are lucky now you get to pay $2800 on an indoor gun, good buy and enjoy the bus
Fanboy?

Quote:
I am on the block for a PTW shortly, I had put $1900 into my TM AUG (including purchase) and i thought it was awesome until the PTWs started popping up all over Alberta. My AUG shoots 420 FPS with well done upgrades and a 655mm barrel and I get out ranged by the guys using PTWs. It made the decision for me easy. plus I will figure I will never need to buy another outdoor gun again unless I want something different.

And just wait by this time next season a third of the PTW owners will getting out of the sport and floggin their PTWs... at least I hope they will

Last edited by Beowulfe; December 19th, 2007 at 11:56.. Reason: Clarity
Beowulfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2007, 12:03   #17
Jayhad

nice try Beuwulfe, i am no where close to the fanboys that always spout that the PTW is the end all be all in airsoft.
I was close to falling victim to the PTW, but was shown a much more economical solution. When i was seroiusly considering a PTW I was hoping that it would be the one last gun I purchase, after the PTWs have been out there for a few months I know know that isn't the case. I was hoping for ultra reliabilty, we all know that PTWs aren't.

No matter how much I earn annually spending upwards of $3000 on a TOY gun is not a sound purchase in MY books, there are definately others here that have no problem justifying that cash. I love airsoft but it is just one of my many hobbies and to deny myself other toys when a TM/ICS/CA will kill someone just as well as a PTW I felt really no need for it.

Now all you PTW fanboys cut and paste your canned PTW rules the world responses and flame away.... you don't need to justify your purchase to me so if flaming me will help you feel better while riding the bus back to your parents house, flame away
Quote:
Originally Posted by kos View Post
I swear, I didn't find out about it till I got home from bangin' little miss rotten-crotch!
Jayhad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2007, 12:35   #18
Lakonian
kos

Reliability isn't an issue in factory QC'd PTWs, Jayhad.

Reason why I went PTW? Realism, range, quality. Something I knew I'd be hard pressed to find elsewhere. And when I compared prices (Pro-win 8mm + internals + body to wrap around it), the PTW came out the winner (PTW:1980, HK416/pro-win:1850) ...

But anyway, like I said before, I'm really fucking curious as to how they'll pull off the internals! Will it be as reliable as the AR line? ..oh the excitment
Lakonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2007, 12:44   #19
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

I have held off

on getting a PTW as, frankly I do way more CQB than field action.

I am very interested in the MP5 PTW .. I just hope it shares the features of fast cylinder swap and IA responses as the M4 version.

I have 3 MP5 now... I really like the weapon as it is pretty much optimized for CQB... For me ... it is not about the Money..All my weapons get written off as business expenses anyway... so the cost is not as much a factor as it may be for others, it is about the gradient of realism and reliability, coupled with versatility.. the M4 PTW has all of that.. over typical AEGs... and if the MP5 PTW does... I'll see one in my stable.
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2007, 12:54   #20
Lakonian
kos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
and if the MP5 PTW does... I'll see one in my stable.
Awesome. Does that mean I'll be able to drool over it?
Old December 19th, 2007, 13:00   #21
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Awesome. Does that mean I'll be able to drool over it?
Of course... but you have to show up..
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2007, 13:07   #22
Lakonian
kos

Quote:
Of course... but you have to show up..
Been busy..
Old December 19th, 2007, 14:37   #23
Blackthorne
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Blackthorne
Quote:
No matter how much I earn annually spending upwards of $3000 on a TOY gun is not a sound purchase in MY books,
It's only a toy if you use it as a toy.

And the rest of your airsoft purchases are sound? Riiiight....

A toy is a toy no matter what you spend on it bro...
Old December 19th, 2007, 14:57   #24
vatek

I don't know why there's such vicious arguing over it anyway.

If somebody wants to spend their cash on a PTW and it makes them happy in the pants, great! If somebody else wants to spend their cash on a TM, CA or any other AEG out there and it makes them happy in the pants, also great! Bottom line is that everybody who plays this game buys guns for different reasons, and no amount of arguing on the interweb will get people to change their minds.

I can't say that I would make the leap on spending $3000 a single gun, but I certainly won't bash people who have made that decision.
vatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2007, 15:33   #25
Mysteryfish

Nobody's bashing them. They just don't seem to want to shut the hell up about how great they think the PTW is. Some of us are sick of hearing it.

That being said, the PTW features in an MP5 still interests me more than the Armalite platform, but I suspect the prices will still be astronomical compared to other airsoft items, so... that'll remain a limiting factor.
Mysteryfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2007, 15:48   #26
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
All my weapons get written off as business expenses anyway...
The rest of us only wish...

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2007, 16:02   #27
Jayhad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackthorne View Post
It's only a toy if you use it as a toy.

And the rest of your airsoft purchases are sound? Riiiight....
regardless of how you feel about it we are playing with toys; dictionary.com
TOY 1. an object, often a small representation of something familiar, as an animal or person, for children or others to play with; plaything.

I can honestly say 95% of my airsoft purchases are sound FOR AIRSOFT, ie... I wanted a CIRAS and i bought a phantom not and eagle as i don't need to justify that cost to myself....
I, ME can't justify the cost of a PTW, I make good money, own a house and a few cars but still can't justify the cost I am sure there are others out there that can and more power to them.
Quote:
I swear, I didn't find out about it till I got home from bangin' little miss rotten-crotch!
Jayhad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2007, 16:09   #28
redmond

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatek View Post
If somebody wants to spend their cash on a PTW and it makes them happy in the pants, great! If somebody else wants to spend their cash on a TM, CA or any other AEG out there and it makes them happy in the pants, also great! Bottom line is that everybody who plays this game buys guns for different reasons, and no amount of arguing on the interweb will get people to change their minds.

I can't say that I would make the leap on spending $3000 a single gun, but I certainly won't bash people who have made that decision.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryfish View Post
Nobody's bashing them. They just don't seem to want to shut the hell up about how great they think the PTW is. Some of us are sick of hearing it.
And a +1 to that too. It's more annoying then all those "I got my first AEG, WOO!" threads.

But hey, it's a fad, like Multicam, it'll be around for a year or two, then it'll die down like anything else really.

(NO it's not, it's WHO we ARE! LOL)

Last edited by redmond; December 19th, 2007 at 16:12..
redmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2007, 16:18   #29
Rumpel Felt

Send a message via MSN to Rumpel Felt
I sure can't justify it either.

Realism? If it still whines and screams like an AEG and has no blowback then the realism card is still not in hand. Being able to swap spring cylinders and crack it half doesn't exactly impress me. Sure they may be slightly closer to real dimensions, but that hardly matter for a "training weapon" when it operates like a sewing machine. Where's the realism in that??

I hear you can't cock the charging handle either. Not cool.

So the guns are all uber....why do the mags cost like $70 a piece for locaps?? Why does simple little cylinder cost like $200? It's just a spring incased in aluminum no?

Range and accurancy don't mean a whole lot in airsoft because either way you cut it it's still going to be piss poor compared to the real M4/16 or MP5.

I've owned a couple CA MP5's. All performed very nicely. Why should I spend 6x as much for 1? What's it really going to do all that much better????
Rumpel Felt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2007, 19:20   #30
Daes

I grabbed one because it can shoot 550 fps with no trigger delay, has a reliable burst option, and it doesn't make any whining sounds, just tack tack tack. Having spent a fortune trying to get other brands even close to this proved futile, the PTW is the only electric gun that has awesome trigger response at 550fps. That planetary gear-box is unique and super-effective. That said, we can all hope for china-clones of that mechbox system...

Hopefully the MP5 will continue this trend, offering a very responsive firing mechanism at very high FPS (of course, seems pointless in CQB sites).

As for price, like everything, if properly shopped around, you can grab mags for less than $50 each, remember the good ol' days of only TM mags in Canada for $60?

Still, I am not a fan of the MP5 and a PTW one will be impressive but not my style. Still, I am very interest in what their initial release FPS will be.

-Daes

Daes is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion