Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Gameface gf15a4 will not hit target from 10 feet away and now it wont even shoot.

:

Doctor's Corner

Old March 23rd, 2014, 15:07   #1
endability

Gameface gf15a4 will not hit target from 10 feet away and now it wont even shoot.

I bought the gun yesterday and i charged the battery for over 5 hours and when i tried shooting it the bbs would just go all over the place not even near where my sights where on i went 5 feet away from the target and it would just go down and to the left eventually it would just keep misfiring and no bbs would come out and when i put it on fully auto the fuse started glowing orange and the grip of the gun was almost burning hot. Wtf is this bullshit did i just waste my money? I seen so many good reviews for this gun... I hit the target 2 times out of 30 shots and all the shots were lined up perfectly. Now the gun wont even shoot semi or auto i pull the trigger and nothing happens... :banghead:
endability is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2014, 15:16   #2
Jimski

-you need to check if the barrel is jammed.
-for that a rod is necessary.
-you need to clean the barrel.it might be laced with bb plastic or other unnamable stuff.Clean it well.Clean it again.
-you need to fully release/unwind the hop up system to make sure bbs go completely through.
-check with a rag on your cleaning rod if there is oil in the hop up system
-try the gun again

if it is jammed, switch from single to full to safe again and again.
Old March 23rd, 2014, 15:21   #3
HackD

Utter Crap. Start re-saving.

CA sportline/Game-face thread on this forum indicating it's general state of horridness, to an underage user looking for one.

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=143462
HackD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2014, 15:21   #4
Brit ter

Read the noob threads ! When you get a new gun you should keep it on semi for awhile to work it in abit ! What type of BB,s where you using ?
Old March 23rd, 2014, 15:40   #5
endability

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit ter View Post
Read the noob threads ! When you get a new gun you should keep it on semi for awhile to work it in abit ! What type of BB,s where you using ?
I had it on semi the majority of the time i had it, it refused to shoot accurately, im using crosman 0.12g bbs
Old March 23rd, 2014, 15:45   #6
Brit ter

Quote:
Originally Posted by endability View Post
I had it on semi the majority of the time i had it, it refused to shoot accurately, im using crosman 0.12g bbs
There's your answer ! Cheap bbs with a seam on them , never fire cheap bb,s in your gun !Double polished Bb,s only

Last edited by Brit ter; March 23rd, 2014 at 15:49..
Brit ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2014, 15:46   #7
Brit ter

Would be surprised If they are crushed in behind your piston ! They also slice your hop - up!

Last edited by Brit ter; March 23rd, 2014 at 15:51..
Brit ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2014, 15:47   #8
Brit ter

Never use 12 gr. bbs either !
Old March 23rd, 2014, 15:51   #9
Drake
E-01

Hello endability,

Unfortunately the Gameface GF15A4 is pretty much a piece of junk. I know that's disappointing to hear, but there's no other way to put it.

Since you just bought it yesterday -- presumably from a retail chain or sporting goods store -- I would suggest you get a refund for it. While the cheap, lightweight BBs were no doubt the culprits for the bad accuracy, the subsequent issues with the gun would have likely happened no matter what.

So get a refund, read up on the forums on what to get, and start fresh with a better quality gun.
Old March 23rd, 2014, 16:20   #10
endability

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Hello endability,

Unfortunately the Gameface GF15A4 is pretty much a piece of junk. I know that's disappointing to hear, but there's no other way to put it.

Since you just bought it yesterday -- presumably from a retail chain or sporting goods store -- I would suggest you get a refund for it. While the cheap, lightweight BBs were no doubt the culprits for the bad accuracy, the subsequent issues with the gun would have likely happened no matter what.

So get a refund, read up on the forums on what to get, and start fresh with a better quality gun.
I wish that was an option but unfortunately i bought the gun off kijiji. I read alot online and most people are saying that its a blown fuse so i looked at my fuse and its brownish black at the end. Im pretty sure this is my problem because right before it stopped shooting my fuse started glowing red and got really hot. Good thing there only $2 at home depot. ill check back after i buy the fuse and higher quality 0.20g bbs.
Old March 23rd, 2014, 16:42   #11
HackD

Quote:
Originally Posted by endability View Post
I wish that was an option but unfortunately i bought the gun off kijiji. I read alot online and most people are saying that its a blown fuse so i looked at my fuse and its brownish black at the end. Im pretty sure this is my problem because right before it stopped shooting my fuse started glowing red and got really hot. Good thing there only $2 at home depot. ill check back after i buy the fuse and higher quality 0.20g bbs.
It grew hot, because the gun was/is jammed solid, internally.

You are pressing the trigger, telling the motor to spin. The motor can't spin, and it and the trigger-sled grows hot/overheated and the wiring starts letting the smoke out. It will also have over-stressed the battery. If you are lucky, the fuse did it's work in time, to allow you to take things apart further with some chance of getting it working again, and see where it is jamming at. If it's the mechbox.. congrats, you've now got your first gundoc adventure awaiting.

Hate to be a bummer here, but it's sounding like a bit more than a $2.00 fixit.
HackD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2014, 16:52   #12
Brit ter

The damage might already be done ! It may take more than a new fuze now !
Old March 23rd, 2014, 17:11   #13
MultipleParadox

Yeah it's bad to think a blown fuse IS the problem; fuses burns *because* of a problem, they are the symptom, not the inherent problem of the gun

Only changing the fuse and trying the gun again will just result in more damage and a second burnt fuse

GBBR- bang bang -- Giggle

AEG-- merrrzip merrzip -- meh
MultipleParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2014, 18:13   #14
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

This is the solution

Old March 23rd, 2014, 18:15   #15
endability

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackD View Post
It grew hot, because the gun was/is jammed solid, internally.

You are pressing the trigger, telling the motor to spin. The motor can't spin, and it and the trigger-sled grows hot/overheated and the wiring starts letting the smoke out. It will also have over-stressed the battery. If you are lucky, the fuse did it's work in time, to allow you to take things apart further with some chance of getting it working again, and see where it is jamming at. If it's the mechbox.. congrats, you've now got your first gundoc adventure awaiting.

Hate to be a bummer here, but it's sounding like a bit more than a $2.00 fixit.
That would make sense, if that's the case do you know how exactly I would take my gun apart and un-jam it?
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner