Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Looking for a guide, or guidance toward rewiring electric gearboxes from digital to analog connections.

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old June 8th, 2019, 17:03   #1
The Legacy

Looking for a guide, or guidance toward rewiring electric gearboxes from digital to analog connections.

Hi there!

In possibly the most frustrating moment in my airsofting career, I had to drop out from Nightfall for the very first time, after finding out that my only working gun, an Ares G36C, would not fire at all. Not a single noise. I quickly determined that the electronics on the gearbox must have fried, because I realized that one of the batteries that was plugged into it, was not detecting a cell. Without sufficient time to combine my spare gun into one good working one, I had to withdrawal.

I refuse to deal with the same issue again, especially since I have a second gun with electronics that will not function, an Ares Amoeba AM-004. As a result, I wish to rewire every single digital gearbox I own, to analog, and stripping out the electronics completely. I have read that this is possible, but I don't know exactly how to do so. I am very capable of wiring and soldering, so it's just a matter of learning how to do it.

Before it is suggested, no, I refuse to replace it with another mosfet, because having a faulty lipo is all you need to blow up another one, and the only cure, a fuse, is often worse than the mosfet itself. If there is no way to rewire my gearbox, I will simply replace the entire gearbox completely with an analog model.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. No rush, since I don't have any other games scheduled.

Last edited by The Legacy; June 8th, 2019 at 17:06..
The Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2019, 00:27   #2
hollywood...
cranky old man

get a GBBR...?

Last edited by hollywood...; June 9th, 2019 at 01:05..
hollywood... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2019, 22:34   #3
The Legacy

Considering the issues I'm having with leaking magazines, short of a Tippmann, I would rather take my chances with a traditional AWG.

Tippmanns are promising, but are very expensive.
The Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2019, 01:39   #4
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

If you're running 11.1 LiPos, you're going to run into failures on a mechanical trigger switch as well due to the arcing and burning.
If your problem was one of the LiPo's cells failing, then the issue wasn't the gun at all, it was a battery failure, and removing electronics won't solve that.
Fuses won't stop cells from failing, either.

Simple mosfet would be the best route if you want any decent amount of trigger response. It's an analog trigger switch, and there's not much that can fail on it.
If you want to put a mechanical trigger switch in it, use 7.4 LiPos and make your setup fairly low amperage.
The Ares EFCS mechbox will probably have to be swapped out to a regular V2 that can take a mechanical trigger. Mechbox swaps tend to come with their own issues.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications