Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Deleting threads, Censorship is nice!

:

General

Old September 27th, 2010, 08:16   #1
terrorist one

Deleting threads, Censorship is nice!

I have been watching this forum for about a year know and have noticed 2 trends.

The first is the Cool kid trend, where all these guys that have self esteem issues like to get in everyone's faces about how noob there questions are and all. but thats not why im here.

the second is the Censorship of alot of discussions on this forum. Even thought sometimes the debates are fairly political and well entrenched. they are interesting. There was one debate on here about the ground zero Muslim temple, that was fairly interesting and also one that i made on Racism on the field and all witch had a direct connection with this great sport.

I work in the military and i am dam proud of it, defending democracy is the reason why i joined. I dont understand where the need is to delete the treads that are interesting.

In a democratic society debates is very important and it helps with the advancement of our general way of thinking. If there where no debates there wouldn't be a Parliament. The Queen would tell us what to do.

so what i dont understand, is that most of you find this ok.

i can continue on but i will finish with this. I support the troops, there for i support what they stand for, that is democracy, debate is a fundamental element to this democracy and i support it.

ps. for thous who plan to just right shit and think its funny. note that you will be ignored.

cheers

Last edited by terrorist one; September 27th, 2010 at 08:22..
terrorist one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2010, 08:23   #2
terrorist one

counting down the days or hours it will take for this criticism to be deleted.
Old September 27th, 2010, 08:38   #3
Zeonprime

Location: Waterloo, kitchener, guelph, mississauga, north east toronto
ASC is privately owned, they have a right to delete anything they want whether we agree with it or not.

Not a defense of the actions, just a statement.

Quote:
Be safe not just with yourself, but those you play with. If you are reckless with other peoples safety then you will leave.
Zeonprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2010, 08:42   #4
terrorist one

I think that the members make up ASC. not the othere way around but then again....
Old September 27th, 2010, 08:54   #5
Spike
Privateer Airsoft

The members of ASC make up the community of ASC, but we don't own the site. Mind you, the site would be useless without members, but it's still not ours.
Old September 27th, 2010, 08:56   #6
Aquamarine
PanSexual

Send a message via MSN to Aquamarine Send a message via Yahoo to Aquamarine Send a message via Skype™ to Aquamarine
Well if you don't like it, leave.

This isn't your forum. You aren't paying anything to be here. The mods and admin can do as they choose to help keep things running as smooth as is possible one way or another. If you don't like it, start up your own forum that hosts thousands upon thousands of users from around the globe.

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out, buck-o.

There's your cool-kid ego-trip, I hope you enjoyed it.
Old September 27th, 2010, 08:57   #7
terrorist one

good point.
Old September 27th, 2010, 08:59   #8
terrorist one

hahahahahahahaha....................

this brings me back to the school yard days.

you cant make up for lost time bucko--- hahaha bucko is the new old thing
Old September 27th, 2010, 09:03   #9
Bissa

Send a message via MSN to Bissa
as far as I can tell, they are not deleted they are just sent to the trash where people can still see it and as long as it is not locked can continue the conversation. this is a better method than other forums I have been on where the threads that the mods don't like have no place to go but disappear.
Sergeant Gerry Boyle: I don't want to see it. Babies all look the same. The only time a baby doesn't look like every other baby is when it's a really ugly baby. So, unless it's a photo of a really ugly baby, I don't want to see it.
Bissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2010, 09:10   #10
Barbie
Official Narcissistic Puma

Send a message via MSN to Barbie
some censorship is good.... religion and politics always bring some disagreement... so, keeping that away is a good thing.... Makes that when you meet the person on the field, you dont want to rip their head off cause they dont think the same way.... And i think its a pretty smart idea... And well, like Aqua said, if you dont like it, you can always start your own forum... But be careful, dont make an fp1990 out of you....

I dont have a team, i have an open relationship with many... Jealous? Yep! I tought so..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themis View Post
Now if you excuse me, I have to go put on my spacesuit to attend my "And much more" training session.
Barbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2010, 09:11   #11
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
Shit threads are deleted by the admins so that the admins don't have to play elementary school yard watch to stop any personal attacking. Have problems with it make your own forum.
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2010, 09:52   #12
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
ASC is a dictatorship, not a democracy.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2010, 09:59   #13
bean
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to bean
I dont come to your house to shit on your carpet so please dont come to mine. I am one of the people who came up with the no religion no politics buisness. People for some reason cant play nice when these topics come up. This is an airsoft board tha happens to have a place to discuss other things on it. Not a political or religious board there are much better venues to discuss those sort of things. Every time a topic of that sort comes up we end up having to issue warning and ban people because people cant play nice with eachother. When the user base of this site decides it can peacfully co exist and talk like adults to eachother then perhaps we will allow these type of topics again.

In Soviet ASC thread deletes you.
bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2010, 10:12   #14
Crunchmeister

I'll agree with the general sentiment that ASC is a private entity with its own set of rules. ASC is privately owned, and the admins and mods uphold the rules that have been laid down by the staff. Membership requires members agreeing to those rules. Simple as that.

You have rules in your house and expect people to respect them. And if they don't, they'll be warned, and if they don't heed the warnings, I'm sure they will no longer be welcome there. Those rules are there to protect your property and well-being from those that would be reckless enough to be detrimental to it. As far as that goes, your private dwelling is your small dictatorship that you can run as you see fit, just as ASC is, but on a larger scale and more publicly accessible. The concept of democracy doesn't apply here.

That being said, I do agree with your views. And if you wish to debate political views and such, there are TONS of forums on the Internet for that very purpose. ASC is for airsoft, and as bean said, happens to have a section where non-airsoft discussion is allowed. Political and religious topics tend to bring out the worst in people, and it causes a lot of headaches for the staff who have to spend their time moderating these threads. I'm in complete agreement that simply not allowing such topics of discussion is in the better interest of the community at large. Take the topic to someplace else more appropriate.
Old September 27th, 2010, 10:41   #15
Gunk
In his Trunk!

Send a message via MSN to Gunk
Ever hear the phrase "Don't discuss politics or religion on your first date"? Treat ASC like it's your first date and you'll be fine. Like Bean said, discussions such as those tend to get heated, they are (to fall prey to a buzz word) hot topics. People are passionate about what they believe and support, and some people don't like hearing about what the other side of the fence believes, some people can't see things from alternate perspectives, some people are just ignorant jack assess who need another hole in their head to stop the oxygen thievery.

When all of those people get involved in a discussion about something like religion or politics, where there's either one right answer, no right answer, or a hundred right answers they can't agree or get along. So ASC avoids the bullshit altogether.

Personally I'm surprised the G0 Mosque thread lasted as long as it did... for a third or fourth incarnation of the topic.
"War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the city of the Men of Numenor, and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Gunk is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General