Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Herooutdoors.com review

:

Reviews

Old January 22nd, 2015, 12:59   #1
neofight

Herooutdoors.com review

Just ordered a few hundred dollars worth of stuff from Herooutdoors.com in Toronto. They sent me an email asking me to call them about my order. As I was reading the email my phone rang. It was Hero Outdoors calling to ask me if I would like to substitute a double M4 mag pouch in for the 2 single mag pouches they had run out of. Worked out well as there were some other items I had forgotten to put in that order and was dreading having to pay the shipping on another order later. Very pleasant experience dealing with these guys. Previous orders have been bang on. and speedy. They even called my mother about an order she placed for me for a gift to see if she wanted to upgrade a set of goggles she had ordered to the next step up for the same price (due to a recent sale). Wow, that's customer service.
I cannot say enough good things about these guys. They've got it all and well priced. No need to shop else where.

Just figured I'd share as they deserve the publicity, and am genuinely impressed.

Last edited by neofight; January 22nd, 2015 at 13:02..
neofight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2015, 13:44   #2
AnthonyG
LUser Title

I shop locally at this store. The staff is genuinely helpful. My only gripe is that some of the items are priced differently in-store, and finding less-common items isn't the easiest.
AnthonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2015, 16:54   #3
siggypoo

Topics about em already.
My 2ยข? Been with em for over 20 years. They're human, and I've a current prob with em, but they overwhelmingly get my vote. The rare time they screw up, they fix it. Their products and service are 100% worth it.

Old January 24th, 2015, 08:11   #4
whisp

I have bought multiple orders from them. They are a friendly lot although I have clashed a couple times with them on waiting on orders because of not in stock and they had to order it in. However they have gotten everything I have looked for. When you order you can put in notes and they will try and do it for you so I applaud them for that. An example was I wanted a black cap on my grey water Nalgene bottle that usually came with a blue one and they did it. My only gripe is communication in there is all over the place when it comes to your order so it causes confusion. Grahm has helped me on multiple occasions and I am not an easy customer. I am the type of person that likes everything in order and done perfectly :P. If they can deal with me they can deal with any customer lol. Overall not a bad bunch although one of their guys really needs to work on his phone behavior and not swear so much lol. They do price match as well. They got me my speed trigger as well and I thought I was getting in silver which was all they had when I wanted a black one and they ended up getting me the black one. Just note that sometimes it takes a couple weeks to get all your order together but you will get the stuff.
whisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2015, 21:50   #5
brock0

Best I can say is that when they screwed up they gave me some free stuff. Ordering from their website is like ordering from China, except China shipments arrive quicker because they come straight to you instead of having to stop at Hero first.
brock0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2015, 21:54   #6
chaz

I never order online from them as I find that their site is not a good source list of what they actually have. Go in, have it, I get it, dont, I walk.

Had a run in with one of their guys there a couple years back when I was playing paintball and was looking for a holster to fit a T8. Was told "Paintball is gay". Wicked customer service there lol
chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2015, 16:41   #7
BobbyDangerous

Yeah, I just hoped in there yesterday. Very cool in there.
BobbyDangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2015, 13:49   #8
Aper
E-30

Placed an online order for 2 x WE XDM 4.5 since the price for them were great versus the TM ones. Minutes later they were gone from their website so I called to make sure they really had 2 in-stock. Jeff told me that unfortunately they were out of stock and needed to check with their suppliers and other distributors. He told me to let him a couple of days to sort this out, which I accepted without any problems (shit happens!)

Called them today and got to chat with Graham aka Viperfish, really nice guy, knows his stuff, offered to maybe switch to a TM version or KWC. Took a while to think about it and with my buddy.

In the end we'll wait until the newer generation of XDM comes out since they're all called back due to out-of-the-box failures as I was told by Graham, so unfortunately asked for a complete refund which took like 5 minutes to proceed.

Great guys overall, Graham knows his stuff and this is much appreciated even though I have my share of airsoft knowledge. Nothing bad to say about them and I will certainly check back there for future purchases !

West Coast EOD Supporter. // Bang One, Bang Em All ! // In war, it's not who's right, but who's left.
Aper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2015, 11:57   #9
whisp

Tried to do an other order with heroesoutdoor and this time just had enough. Their customer service is horrible and just can't deal with it anymore even when trying to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I called last Thursday to see if they had tech t gun sav and a prowin m4 hopup. I asked do you have it in stock at the store and was told yes for both items. After the phone call made my order. That day no shipping info so I figure it will be shipped Friday. Nothing!!!!

Monday comes and I call and they tell me prowin hop up on order. He then proceeds to call whoever I talked to an idiot and ignoring me on phone while dealing with an other customer. So this is two customers hearing him calling other employees idiots. Its the guy who always calls everyone boss which I also find rude when dealing with customers.

Overall their customer support is horrible and I cancelled my order and will never do business with them again.

(btw: That person stating that you can order from china quicker is correct. I got multiple items from other places and have received them in which some where even out of country).
whisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2015, 22:21   #10
Swattiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisp View Post
Tried to do an other order with heroesoutdoor and this time just had enough. Their customer service is horrible and just can't deal with it anymore even when trying to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I called last Thursday to see if they had tech t gun sav and a prowin m4 hopup. I asked do you have it in stock at the store and was told yes for both items. After the phone call made my order. That day no shipping info so I figure it will be shipped Friday. Nothing!!!!

Monday comes and I call and they tell me prowin hop up on order. He then proceeds to call whoever I talked to an idiot and ignoring me on phone while dealing with an other customer. So this is two customers hearing him calling other employees idiots. Its the guy who always calls everyone boss which I also find rude when dealing with customers.

Overall their customer support is horrible and I cancelled my order and will never do business with them again.

(btw: That person stating that you can order from china quicker is correct. I got multiple items from other places and have received them in which some where even out of country).
Similar experience. A while ago, when the G&G M1 Garand was first launched, I saw it on their website. I called them immediately to confirm if they have it in stock.
The answer was yes, so I ordered it right the way, payment was made through PayPal. 2 days later they told me that it was actually not in country yet and would take a few weeks to arrive.
Very disappointed so I asked for a refund, which was done quite swiftly.
So at the end, my excitement all gone and not a very good experience.
Swattiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2015, 13:26   #11
solidgear34

love most of the business, shout out to the mike ledger guy who helped me with my order, order was clear, prices are a bit high but worth it.

one gripe though, this one person who tried to help me in recent weeks i am not too fond of, the man sports a "operator" like beard,got that whole marine look to him. I made a joke regarding to a laser unit while i was shopping and he got very defensive and verbally violent, ruined the shopping experience for me.

honestly most of the guys there are really nice and helpful, definitely prefer their storefront more than their online shopping, but they kind have to remind their employees to not harass reasonable paying customers.

just my 2 cents.
Old December 3rd, 2015, 19:10   #12
M0rphine117
AV Removed, buyer beware.

Placed an order tonight for two patches. Literally 5 minutes after placing the order online I get a call from Jeff saying one is out of stock.

Said it would be in soon and would ship it out as soon as he got it in...

Fantastic place, 12/10 would buy from again...

(Ignore my warning, I`m awesome)
M0rphine117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2015, 19:14   #13
NoGear
likes being humiliated

I got partially shipped on my order. Waiting on a vsr10 piston. The two other items I got came as described so that's nice, hopefully it doesn't delay my winter build too long.
NoGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2015, 14:04   #14
chaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidgear34 View Post
one gripe though, this one person who tried to help me in recent weeks i am not too fond of, the man sports a "operator" like beard,got that whole marine look to him. I made a joke regarding to a laser unit while i was shopping and he got very defensive and verbally violent, ruined the shopping experience for me.
Pretty sure he frequents this site
chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2016, 16:34   #15
dogtoy

My order came through fine , reasonably packed , in decent time ,..so my first experience with them was good , I did contact them to ask about items awaiting shipment & it seems they have other stock nearby offsite that sometimes comes to them before it is shipped , I dealt with Jeff ,..very nice & no problems
dogtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews