Which P226 is better and why?
Burger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2014, 19:48   #2
J-Man19

http://bit.ly/1k30qQT
J-Man19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2014, 19:50   #3
redzaku

I'd put my money on kjworks, because of the fact that you can put anything TOKYU MARUI, plus if you play it right, you can get one with trades but you have to get holsters that are marui specs, cause it might not be one to one
When it comes to magazine, TM magazines are abundant
За Родину!
BRRRRRT!
redzaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2014, 20:33   #4
Burger

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Man19 View Post
Really?

I've already "googled" the topic myself, this is a forum where people discuss different topics. I've looked at different posts on different websites, I'm asking for more opinions.
Old May 14th, 2014, 20:56   #5
jordan7831
will always be Mike Litoris in our hearts

If you want a really realistic P226, KWA/KSC is the best choice.

If you want to upgrade and game your gun and have aftermarket support, then KJW or TM is the better option.

With that said, KWA proshop has OEM replacement parts should you need them.
jordan7831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2014, 21:07   #6
Szevin

Go TM
Szevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2014, 21:30   #7
Burger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan7831 View Post
If you want a really realistic P226, KWA/KSC is the best choice.

If you want to upgrade and game your gun and have aftermarket support, then KJW or TM is the better option.

With that said, KWA proshop has OEM replacement parts should you need them.
I've read from posts that KWA P226's fall apart in one's hands.
Old May 14th, 2014, 21:41   #8
jordan7831

False. KWAs are pretty solid. I've owned 3 over the years. If you know how to take care of them they are very reliable.

The only part that I don't like is taking apart the internals where the knocker is concerned. This is where the TM and KJWs shine.
Old May 14th, 2014, 21:42   #9
Strelok

KJ's are kind of questionable as far as TM compatability goes. They'll often have little itty bitty tolerance issues and won't really take advantage of the upgrade parts put into them.

If possible, opt for TM and build to your hearts content. You won't regret it.
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2014, 21:59   #10
Burger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan7831 View Post
False. KWAs are pretty solid. I've owned 3 over the years. If you know how to take care of them they are very reliable.

The only part that I don't like is taking apart the internals where the knocker is concerned. This is where the TM and KJWs shine.
Why have you owned 3?

Would it be better to just get a TM P226?
Old May 14th, 2014, 22:03   #11
jordan7831

Lol I kept buying junkyard KSC P226s. A lot of people take them apart and have trouble putting the knocker assembly back together.

My recomendation is to leave that alone unless you know what you are doing. Its tricky to get back together. But the plus side is the sear and knocker are steel from the factory.

But assembly wise. The KJW is super easy to put back together.
Old May 14th, 2014, 22:15   #12
Cliffradical
butthurt for not having a user title

That's a bit extreme.
Gas guns are high-maintenance. They are the girlfriend from a privileged background of airsoft guns. Even the best kept GBB pistol will eventually develop quirks and outright failures. Neglected GBBs will develop quirks and outright failures much faster and with more ferocity. All mags will develop leaks. These are guns where filling a mag with gas can kill a fill valve when done improperly. They don't like being too hot, and outright won't work if they're too cold.
I believe that someone's KWA 226 may have fallen apart in their hands, but 99.99% of those 0.01% of situations can be attributed to user error.

KSC/ KWA has much, much nicer externals and general feel. Their mags are easier to repair when they develop leaks. Their magazines, feed lips, and feeding system are arguably better. They have less in the way of aftermarket upgrades, but they work well enough that you probably don't need to go there anyway (depending on your expectations). You will want to purchase a replacement for nearly every part but the frame, because they can be infuriatingly hard to get at times.

KJWs have much more slop. That is both a detractor and a benefit. It's a detractor because while they don't have all of the lovely trademarks, nice sharp edges, and snappy clap, they tend to put up with more abuse. KJWs are not beauty pageant winners, nor gold medal triathletes, but they just work. You can neglect a stock KJW and it will continue to function beyond the limits of many guns of higher breeding.
Neglect will also ruin it like any other GBB, but if you're lazy (be honest), you'll get away with a bit more.

This all comes down to how you'll be using it.
If it will most often be your primary in a CQB arena AND you're really anal about maintaining your equipment, buy a TM and have a guntech upgrade it.

If you want a trophy wife that'll sit in a holster indoors and speak when spoken to, buy a stock TM.

If you want a gun that looks great and can be trusted to work how you want it to, and are willing to put in the effort to make sure it'll work when you need it to, buy a KSC/ KWA (KSC if you can get your hands on one).

If you want a piece of equipment which fills the function of being present and going BANG when your primary is down or you're otherwise bored, buy a KJW.
If after buying it you feel that you want more than a mere piece of equipment, you can buy a titted-up TM and they can share mags, though probably not holsters.

Edit: This post is late to the party and sounds grouchy. It's not grouchy, it's just weather-worn.

Last edited by Cliffradical; May 14th, 2014 at 22:20..
Cliffradical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2014, 22:53   #13
jordan7831

Good post^

Basically to sum up most of the collective knowledge so far.

Gamer gun:
KJW if you want a work horse
TM if you desire to upgrade it a lot

Show piece:
TM for fit and finish
KSC/KWA for a nice tight plinker and occasional gamer

I agree that its best to stock up on spare KSC parts while you can get them.
Luckily the KWA P226 is marketed as a professional training pistol so parts are readily available from the KWA pro shop.

With that said, its best to stock up on a couple nozzles and springs.

Last edited by jordan7831; May 14th, 2014 at 22:56..
Old May 15th, 2014, 00:02   #14
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

there are VERY few issues with kwa pistols. I own a 226, I have friends that own various different ksc and kwa pistols, all have no issues functioning. The group I run with has a total of 12 kwa or ksc pistols. 2 226s, 3 usps 2 .45s and a bunch of glocks.

They do not fall apart in one's hands. KWAs are also built to shoot propane/greengas, with marui, maybe you can, maybe you can't. the KJWs aren't 100% marui compatible. Put .28s in it and laugh.

KWA 226 will fit without issue right into a real steel serpa. It's 1:1 to the real thing. The kjw and maruis are wider, so you have to modify hard holsters to fit. It's about half a mm too wide for a serpa. I have tried this with a kjw 229, it does not fit in my serpa without modding the serpa.

There are a few things to know about the kwa though.

the hammer spring will not be strong enough to shoot the pistol in 30C+ heat. The gas inside the mag is under such pressure the valve striker does not have enough force to knock it open. You can adjust this with a stronger hammer spring. Oddly enough a marui 1911 hammer spring will fit. But in releasing more gas, you lose efficiency, and sometimes the slide catch won't work when the mag is empty. But it WILL shoot in those heat conditions.

The other weak things about the kwa 226 is the nozzle return springs may snap over time... easy enough to replace.. .those parts are available from kwausa just call and order. In fact... any part can be ordered direct from kwa without issue (frames excluded of course)

The biggest issue on the kwa is the hopup rubbers. The OEM ones tend to absorb oils very easily and swell when they come in contact with silicone oil.. the primary lube you need to use for the slide. The falcon rubbers are supposed to fix this. I have a couple on order.

Honestly, mine shoots very well out of the box, and I got it used. It needs no upgrades. It's ready to go until the rubber swells. Mine has not needed anything other than cleaning and a hopup rubber in 3 years. I use it ALL the time, though it's being juggled now in a rotation with my tm 5-7.. which WILL selfdestruct itself eventually.

KWA 226 has been my go to since I started playing with a pistol 3 years ago.

The other thing with 226s and it's not specific to kwas, is that soft nylon holsters don't hold it well enough and as you move around the mag release will get hit and drop your mag.

Only way I found to prevent this was to either not carry a mag in the gun.. dumb when you need a pistol to work... or tape the mag on... dumb... if you need to change mags. Or pay for a serpa holster. And with a serpa, kwa drops in perfectly. 40$/mag or 80$ for the level 2 legrig serpa for a 226. pays for itself very quickly. Mine paid for itself in 1 game after the nylon holster dropped a mag twice.

I've probably put 3000 rounds through mine.

Last edited by lurkingknight; May 15th, 2014 at 00:05..
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2014, 00:12   #15
Burger

I want a P226 that is reliable over anything and that is accurate. I don't care about aesthetics.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General