Old January 17th, 2017, 10:10   #16
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
dat moment you reply and it lags, so it posts twice ;D

Thanks BS.

BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2017, 10:20   #17
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

I've had a few hiccups, but usually it ends up with not loading at all due to timeout, but very few altogether. I'm on ASC on my iPhone 99% of the time through Safari (no Tapatalk) and it hasn't been a hugely noticeable issue. Even with 1 bar things still load within a decent amount of time. I do get some odd hang ups where I have to press a link twice when I'm on various Wifi signals though.

Anyways, I'm sure it'll get sorted out.
Old January 17th, 2017, 10:30   #18
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Wow! Missed those posts about overloading nodes and peak usage times. Well, I hate to say it but I've had by far, epic landslide, winningest results with Telus almost never going down, bogging down and remaining overall stable. I guess some of you can't get Telus...

For the rest of you, it's the apocalypse. As the internet slowly dissapears, so will your pretend group of friends and pretend social life, and you'll die fat and alone in your mother's basement. Those weapons you bought on eBay and saved up ammo will only repel the first marauding, Mad Max-esque, rape squad, but what about the others? After they've turned your skin into a seat cover for their spikey motor cycle, they'll steal all that food you've stockpiled. I on the other hand will disappear with my family into the BC interior, where I'll eat barbecued deer every night and make alcohol in a stone cistern behind my shack.

Last edited by Ricochet; January 17th, 2017 at 15:18..
Ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2017, 15:04   #19
devbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post
Not sure what you mean... if there are nodes that are overloaded/responding slowly it delays the response from the server.

This usually happens during peak hours when lots of people are "in the same area all watching netflix at the same time" according to a Rogers representative when once asked why they were getting 500 ping between the hours of 6pm to 10 pm.

The server seems to be responding fine but the path leading up to the server is jittery.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I didn't go to an IT school or anything.
You are correct on what you are saying. Usually when a node is overloaded, the traffic is diverted from it thus maintaining the speed. Plus a lot of us having speed issue? I wonder where the server is located.
devbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2017, 15:35   #20
cpgop

Quote:
Originally Posted by devbro View Post
You are correct on what you are saying. Usually when a node is overloaded, the traffic is diverted from it thus maintaining the speed. Plus a lot of us having speed issue? I wonder where the server is located.
Perhaps I could answer that one. After doing a little query or two, it appears the server was previously with a company in Montreal, but has been moved to a US based company, therefore the server is located in Macon Georgia I believe.

It could be server side, might some some "noisy" neighbors on the same network where the server is hosted therefore causing the slowdown + the new server location will add latency since I'm sure 99% of us visit from inside Canada ;P
cpgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2017, 22:49   #21
Drake
E-01

I've been noticing this too, the forum is generally sluggish.

I don't think it's the connection, pinging it gives very reasonable latency. Traceroute isn't the right tool to diagnose this, some nodes along the route may simply not be set up to respond to ping requests (for a variety of reasons), so the request will time out; doesn't mean its overloaded (and if you're getting low latency on the ping the ASC then obviously everything in between is running okay).

I'd cast my suspicion on a slow server and/or bloated sql db, probably both.
Old January 17th, 2017, 23:05   #22
cpgop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I'd cast my suspicion on a slow server and/or bloated sql db, probably both.
I'm not sure of the setup behind the scenes, but seeing as these issues apparently popped up upon switching providers. I'd be willing to bet that the spec's of the new server may not be the same/less than before, and its possible its starving for CPU/RAM while trying to process certain DB functions for the forum.
cpgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2017, 23:20   #23
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

I would be on sql issues, the site ground to a halt at off hour times for me several times, so it's not a traffic issue.
Old January 21st, 2017, 00:39   #24
AnthonyG
LUser Title

I'm also noticing slowdowns more than normal.

Previously the only slow times would be around 1:00 EST in the morning. Now I'll log on and get random slowdowns where a page will take 15 seconds or more to load.

*Busy signing for his packages*
AnthonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2017, 19:51   #25
edh

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPENchestWOUND View Post
having issues uploading jpgs, (JPEG - 91 KB, 600/337 pixels)?
might be related?
i have the same problem..cannot up load any pics now ....even ones that i already uploaded before
edh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2017, 09:13   #26
BloodSport
Traveling Man

Photos should be fixed, the image file during the server move did not get set up properly.

For those experiencing slowness, our chief admin is still setting up all the server settings as he can in his free time, should hopefully be all fixed within the week.
Old February 3rd, 2017, 23:12   #27
Brook240sx

any updates on the fix. its still hella slow and wont load at times for me from home and work computer.
Brook240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2017, 23:17   #28
Gerkraz

Having the same issue also.
Gerkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2017, 00:29   #29
CJay

can confirm it's pretty much glacial for me anytime i try to use it with occasional fast page loads
Old February 4th, 2017, 15:43   #30
BloodSport
Traveling Man

Weird, how often do you guys clear your cache and cookies? It works pretty damned fast for me recently.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General