Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

nooby molle vest question

:

Gear Discussion

Old November 4th, 2009, 15:13   #1
BBjunky

nooby molle vest question

ok so if im prone alot in games would it be ideal to put 2 or 3 mag pouchs on my back side so im not leaning up or to the side to grab a new pouch or dose it just look foolish and limit space for a backpack or blader ? (dont have a bladder yet looking to get one over the winter thou
BBjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 15:40   #2
Drake
E-01

No, some players do that - either for "buddy mags" (mags for team mates) or to have accessible mags when prone.

HOWEVER, if you're setting it up for yourself you'll want to be careful how you do it: it can be very difficult getting a mag out from a pouch behind you (twist your arm), specially if you have plates or a bulky armor system on.

On my RRV I have a single tactical (open top w/ bungie cord retention) mag pouch, which is mounted upside down. The bungie cord and pouch cinch hold the mag well enough that it doesn't just drop out, and I can retrieve it by pulling down rather than upwards so I'm not twisting my arm.

You may also want to consider mounting some mag pouched on a MOLLE leg platform.
Old November 4th, 2009, 15:56   #3
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

IMO, it's better to have your mags acessible by your left hand (if you are a right hand dominant). Your mags should be placed where they can be reached easely without intefering with other gear function. Ex: pistol magpouch right on top of rifle magpouchs, making rifle mags difficult to get out of the pouche.

When prone, I simply turn to my side if I can't reach a mag. I once tried to put my mags on the upper part of my vest. It looked dumb, but it really helped when prone and it was still easy to access when upward. But that just waist space on the bottom and it's not as confortable if you want to look down. (The big pouches block your vision a lot when they are so close to your face.)

Like Drake said, I keep the back portion of my vest clean for backpack or vehicule use. If I ever put stuff there, it's for CQB and it's stuff I won't need to use myself or rarely have to access. Ex: Radio, grenades for my teamate, breaching tools for teamates.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 16:48   #4
BBjunky

Ah ok I gess really the only thing would be trying it out at home or something and just lieing prone trying to get mags out thanks for the input (id use a leg one but my one leg has a drop leg for my pistol and the other is going to have a pouch for others like pistole accesories and sili oil etc)

btw @ drake is it hard to put the mags inside your pouch when your actualy in a game ?
BBjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 17:05   #5
Danke

It can be hard to get the mags back in when you're in game.

Most folks run a dump pouch to drop empties into and then during a lull cycle them back into the carrier.
Old November 4th, 2009, 18:03   #6
Arthraxis
Schwag wannabe

Send a message via MSN to Arthraxis
I would suggest, depending on your vest, to have some sort of belt rig and put a pouch or two, on your rear left/rear right, depending on your 'mag hand'. Those few inches lower seem to make a big difference for comfort.

Lol, first post outside of off-topic in AGES
Arthraxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2009, 20:08   #7
thpethalK
ksuechuc

I've been considering getting a double armalite mag pouch with 2 pistol mag pouches mounted to a molle drop leg rig, bonus here being able to carry more mags accessibly, but I have played before with a mag pouch on the back of my right shoulder jerry rigged with some duct tape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyissue View Post
Saying that you are trying to prevent bad Airsoft publicity while generating negitave Airsoft publicity on a nationally monitored Firearm web site is like fucking for Virginity.
thpethalK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2009, 20:14   #8
PaCHeKo!

Send a message via MSN to PaCHeKo!
I use a molle drop let platform to carry 2 "M4" mag and 2 pistol mag.. perfect for "buddy mag" and when you can't reach the one in your vest.

P.M.C. - Prostituée Militaire de Campagne.
PaCHeKo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2010, 14:46   #9
Blitzed

A drop Leg would be your best bet. Or if your vest has side panels of MOLLE real estate you can always just throw em on there... But really just try putting them in different places and seeing what works for you. It's personal preference.
Blitzed is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion