Few shottie Q's

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old October 28th, 2008, 18:54   #1
Arthraxis
Schwag wannabe

Send a message via MSN to Arthraxis
Few shottie Q's

Well, I did some searching, researching etc, mostly on ASC and am still wondering a few things about Tanaka, Maruzen G&P 870 shotguns.

First, do the Maruzen shells work in the Tanaka, or the G&P? I heard they work in the Tanaka, but that was a youtube comment (Maruzen shells are SO much cheaper)

Second, I know that Tanaka generally has a better general quality to it, but how do the G&P fare? I haven't seen many, if any reviews on the G&P or even the VFC 870s.

All for now.
Arthraxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2008, 20:32   #2
Drake
E-01

1) Youtube comments are the lowest form of drivel known to man. They rank below the random typing of a monkey with a typewriter.

2) Maruzen shells do not work in the Tanaka: Tanakas load both gas and BBs into the shell, while Maruzens have a gas reservoir on the gun (therefor the Maruzen shells are just BB holders, hence why they're cheaper).

3) G&P shotguns, AFAIK, are all springers. They're metal versions of the Maruzens. Besides the upgraded metal body and accessories, they're basically CA870s. They do not use shells, they load via a magazine (G&P made a low profile magazine, so its not obvious like on the Maruzen CA870s)
Old October 28th, 2008, 21:22   #3
Arthraxis
Schwag wannabe

Send a message via MSN to Arthraxis
Hmm, so I guess Maruzen then? Not spending 40 bucks on 5 shells lol, rather spend 15 on 5. What's the internal upgradeability for Maruzen shotties, compared to Tanaka? About the same? I've done more searching but could not find an adequate comparison between the two brands, the thread on this forum was kinda' lame.
Arthraxis is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion