Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WETTI/AWSS - M4/SCAR/HK416 - Technical Summary Thread

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old January 20th, 2011, 18:58   #616
Berkut
PinkEagle

Anybody has specs for a little bearing in the hop up or suggestions on what to substitute it with? Lost mine during gas gun night at TAC as Coachester was warning me that this was one of parts one should be careful not to lose

G63

Last edited by Berkut; January 20th, 2011 at 22:27..
Berkut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2011, 20:04   #617
m102404
Tys

a drill rod 2.32mm in diameter fits nicely in the hole, with just a bit of room...so it's probably 2.5mm.

I rummaged through all my stuff and didn't have one that fits. You want something rounded and smooth to contact the adjustment collar...the other end of it just has to push against the hopup rubber.

I'll check my gas pistol box of stuff next....
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2011, 20:21   #618
Berkut
PinkEagle

Thanks Tys! i will see if i can scavenge something at work!

G63
Old January 20th, 2011, 21:50   #619
m102404
Tys

The smallest I found was 3mm and definitely didn't fit. The hopup BB off a some GBB pistols might work.

Sorry bud
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2011, 22:19   #620
Dart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkut View Post
Anybody had specs for a little bearing in the hop up or suggestions on what to substitute it with? Lost mine during gas gun night at TAC as Coachester was warning me that this was one of parts one should be careful not to lose
if you have a gun you don't use anymore with AR type selector try the ball that rides in that. I dunno if it will be the right size though.
Dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2011, 22:20   #621
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
I believe a .177 cal metal bb MAY fit I noticed when i found my stash that they are very similar in size.
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2011, 10:50   #622
johan_saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkut View Post
Anybody has specs for a little bearing in the hop up or suggestions on what to substitute it with? Lost mine during gas gun night at TAC as Coachester was warning me that this was one of parts one should be careful not to lose
If you have aeg, just take out the bearing from the spring guide will fit nicely in the hole ( if its a metal bearing spring guide ).
johan_saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2011, 09:32   #623
dirtdiver

Hey guys picked up an M4 CQB and seems to run great the only problem I can see is that the white plastic spacer for the guide rod is missing... I guess someone along the way subscribed to thenooblord advice and removed it! Are replacements available for these or do I have to rig something up? I read that without this I run the risk of crunching my valve...

Also I read somewhere that polishing the brass tube increases performance by reducing drag on the bolt any suggestions on what works best to accomplish this.

Thanks
Old January 22nd, 2011, 09:55   #624
Ninja_En_Short

Send a message via MSN to Ninja_En_Short
You do risk to damage the valve and because I hate fixing those here is the spacer :

http://www.airsoftbuddy.com/index_ep...roducts_id=226

Airsoft Buddy has loads of stuff for WE

For polishing yeah it does but if you don't do it right it will lower the piston O-ring lifetime from a bit to a few games.
My advice : leave it like this until the open bolt kit comes out.

Gun doc in Montreal on AEG, GBB, GBBR and Bolt rifle (gaz and spring)
Heavy custom builder (including painting)

Ninja_En_Short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2011, 10:24   #625
dirtdiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja_En_Short View Post
You do risk to damage the valve and because I hate fixing those here is the spacer :

http://www.airsoftbuddy.com/index_ep...roducts_id=226

Airsoft Buddy has loads of stuff for WE

For polishing yeah it does but if you don't do it right it will lower the piston O-ring lifetime from a bit to a few games.
My advice : leave it like this until the open bolt kit comes out.
Thanks for the link, I guess I'll just leave the brass tube
Cheers
Old January 22nd, 2011, 13:30   #626
Ross

would this ball bearing work? http://www.airsoftbuddy.com/index_ep...roducts_id=200
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2011, 13:44   #627
Ninja_En_Short

Send a message via MSN to Ninja_En_Short
If that's the part you have to change then yes, if not then no... Nobody can give you a proper answer just with "would this ball bearing work?".

Gun doc in Montreal on AEG, GBB, GBBR and Bolt rifle (gaz and spring)
Heavy custom builder (including painting)

Ninja_En_Short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2011, 13:45   #628
Berkut
PinkEagle

Thanks for all advice, guys! Went to VA and got a new one. They took it out of parts gun lying around. I will, however, compare original part to different ball bearings suggested here to see what might work.
Old January 22nd, 2011, 14:28   #629
onemenace
Banned

Send a message via MSN to onemenace
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdiver View Post
Hey guys picked up an M4 CQB and seems to run great the only problem I can see is that the white plastic spacer for the guide rod is missing... I guess someone along the way subscribed to thenooblord advice and removed it! Are replacements available for these or do I have to rig something up? I read that without this I run the risk of crunching my valve...

Also I read somewhere that polishing the brass tube increases performance by reducing drag on the bolt any suggestions on what works best to accomplish this.

Thanks
funny you mention the white spacer because it was my we m4 he cut it out of he said he would make me a new one after I found out you should have it but still hasnt. i orderd another from airsoftbuddy tried to instal it and failed. the guide i found sugested to use saliva to put on and i tried my best but part of it was shaved off as i installed when i finally got it in place its now pushing the black tube that sits inside it so the nozzle hits the side of the bolt ill be ordering another soon. to be honest tho ive been lucky that nothing has been damaged yet and ive ran atleast 6000 bbs threw it if not more but i still want it replaced.

as far as the polishing gose i sanded my outer brass tube to a mirror finish (used wet/dry sandpaper 600 then a super fine bristle brush and then a polishing wheel) and i did the same thing to the bolt and that combined with some teflon grease done very lightly makes the racking so beautifuly smooth but both pieces together took me maybe 4-5 hours and i did it on both my guns i think it was worth it
onemenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2011, 15:52   #630
dirtdiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemenace View Post
funny you mention the white spacer because it was my we m4 he cut it out of he said he would make me a new one after I found out you should have it but still hasnt. i orderd another from airsoftbuddy tried to instal it and failed. the guide i found sugested to use saliva to put on and i tried my best but part of it was shaved off as i installed when i finally got it in place its now pushing the black tube that sits inside it so the nozzle hits the side of the bolt ill be ordering another soon. to be honest tho ive been lucky that nothing has been damaged yet and ive ran atleast 6000 bbs threw it if not more but i still want it replaced.

as far as the polishing gose i sanded my outer brass tube to a mirror finish (used wet/dry sandpaper 600 then a super fine bristle brush and then a polishing wheel) and i did the same thing to the bolt and that combined with some teflon grease done very lightly makes the racking so beautifuly smooth but both pieces together took me maybe 4-5 hours and i did it on both my guns i think it was worth it

Lol about the spacer... I'm going to order one and I know they are abit tough to get back on and can run without it but I'd prefer to have it on..

As for the brass tube my gun cycles fine but when racking the bolt you can feel some resistance about half way back that is coming from the contact with the brass tube... I'll try what you did to polish it and then grease it for a smoother draw.
Thanks

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications