Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

ebaybanned Crap alert!!

:

Accessories Discussion

Old June 27th, 2009, 05:33   #1
Jbone 11 11

ebaybanned Crap alert!!

I know its not exactly a surprise that items from ebaybanned turn out to be substandard, but I just got my order and was pretty surprised at what I got:

I ordered the Larue 7inch free floatig front end and M203 for my M4. When I got the stuff I was stoked, so I started to look at my items a little more closely, and was shocked to see that the Larue was "scaled" down from its original size!! I mean, its easily 90-80% more narrow and shorter (height wise) than a normal RIS and the mount rails:

A) don't line up with the one on my upreceiver and

B) Rails have been CNC'd so that Rail sleeves dont fit!! WTF!!! And to top it off, the main body of the RIS, was glued.....GLUED!!!! to the screw on base.:rocket:

And then there is the M203.... the mounting bracket had two holes drilled post manufacture, for screws to hold it onto the launcher. This in and of itself isnt all that odd, its the way it was done! I could (and did..in the end) do a better job then that! I had to go get new screws and modify the mount to fit properly!

Ugh... done ranting.... apologies, had to get that off my chest.
Read on here "By cheap, by twice" or words to that effect.... so true....ebaybanned....BANNED!

J
Jbone 11 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2009, 06:27   #2
heikis

they deleted my review that didnt have the kindest words to describe my impression with their product. sad

Last edited by heikis; June 28th, 2009 at 16:00..
heikis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2009, 08:13   #3
Jbone 11 11

Thats F&^%ng Lame on their part.... Although, Im not surprised in the least!
Old June 27th, 2009, 10:03   #4
GSK88

It seems to be a very mixed bag of reviews when it comes to their products. Some people swearing by their stuff, others saying it's a POS and should be avoided like the plague...So far I've found Huang can get 90% of the same stuff and I haven't been dissapointed by him yet.
GSK88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2009, 10:34   #5
HerrMann

ebanned screwed up two of three orders I placed with them, I will never deal with them again! I am still waiting for stuff months later
HerrMann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2009, 10:57   #6
HaloSix4
aka Halo64

I'm still waiting for some stuff i ordered 3 Months Ago, Jesse keeps saying It was shipped, but he never gives me a tracking number lol, I'm defiantly done with EB.
HaloSix4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2009, 12:33   #7
Jbone 11 11

I've ordered stuff form them 3 different times. First one was 2 jackets.... got here PDQ but the quality was not what I had expected. Although, compared to the real deal, it was still a bargain so I was ok with it in the end.

2nd shipment was AEG parts: Full M16 stock, Barrel extension, scope and a bunch of mags.

Overall this shipmnt wasnt too bad, but it was a case of cheaper, but not that good.

But this last one was a pain. Took for ever, "Jesse" emails telling me its coming.... which it did to their credit, but as stated, the quality this time around was just terrible!
Old June 27th, 2009, 13:04   #8
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

This is why you check out other peoples stuff before ordering it. Asking for opinions and experiences before buying. Do your research first before ordering. Then, your lesson will be learnt.

If you're looking for better quality, why not just spend $200 for a new real one that you won't get dissappointed at. If you're looking to spend low cost, then you will recieve low quality products.

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2009, 13:40   #9
dutch13

i didnt have too much of a problem with them actually
it took a while for the order to reach me but if ya bug them enough i think they just get fed up
plus my ris that i ordered was the same as the one above and it fits my m4 perfectly
must be the manufacturer plus the rail covers are supposed to be tight...i had to hammer mine on
dutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2009, 16:14   #10
patcou

Had no problem with them well 2 orders good products.

Dont forget you get what you pay for
patcou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2009, 17:19   #11
dirtdiver

I placed an order for a few parts, a serpa holster, and serpa platform.
When I went to mount the holster to the platform I found that the threads in the wells on the holster were cracked so I couldn't mou t it. I emailed and was asked to send pics of the damage which I did. Was told by Jesse that a new one would be sent "in a few days". A month later still no holster so I sent an email inquiry regarding the status and told item was shipped. Another month and another email sent regarding status "shipment cancelled cordially Jesse" I was like WTF! Asked why? And was told I could have $14 refund for the serpa vest platform that was damaged. So I respond that it was the HOLSTER that was damaged. So Jesse says send pics of damage. Then "holster will be shipped in a few days" so 2 1/2 months later I finally get my holster AND another droplet platform. But I'll never deal with them again, it took about 25-30 emails to get what I ordered!

End rant
Old June 27th, 2009, 19:46   #12
HaloSix4
aka Halo64

Iv got the same problem lol, its been 42 Emails so far and no order.
HaloSix4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2009, 13:49   #13
Deadpool

I tried something. I took note of some items prices in US dollars(USD) at Ebaybanned and then went to some currency converting tools to convert those prices to canadian dollars (CAD). Then I went back to ebaybanned and switched to display prices in CAD. The prices were much higher in CAD on ebaybanned then the normal converted USD to CAD prices on the other tools. I'm never ordering from them again.

Vérificateur d'age Mauricie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
So you're saying we cannot engage in a hobby once we are older?

Children these days.
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2009, 14:20   #14
Hash Vapor

Yeah it's like they don't update their currency exchange rate.

http://www.milsimempire.com
Hash Vapor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2009, 15:40   #15
Jbone 11 11

That may be true for CAN orders, but I'll tell ya, as a Canadian working in Europe.... It's a bargain! RIS front ends in the Local shops run 90+ Euro.... Crap or not, 50 US Incl. Shipping is damn tempting.

That being said... Im leaning toward paying for the quality stuff at this point.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion