Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Ultimate Airsoft Weapon...NOT a regurgitation:

:

General

Old October 7th, 2012, 20:11   #1
gmeyer

Ultimate Airsoft Weapon...NOT a regurgitation:

Hi everyone!

Just a quick note to ask everyone what the prime characteristics of the absolute, ultimate airsoft gas powered weapon would be. What I'm looking for are the functional characteristics of what is important to the airsoft community. Please try to exclude names of any particular manufacturer or brand. There is a reason I'm asking this question...I have a full CNC shop and casting company available to me, a 14 year old shelf company and am looking for my next entrepreneurial adventure. Further, I'm looking to create the next best thing to airsoft here in Canada!

So, please, chime in and contribute to the development of the worlds finest, airsoft, gas powered fun.
gmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2012, 20:55   #2
mmmken

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeyer View Post
Hi everyone!

Just a quick note to ask everyone what the prime characteristics of the absolute, ultimate airsoft gas powered weapon would be. What I'm looking for are the functional characteristics of what is important to the airsoft community. Please try to exclude names of any particular manufacturer or brand. There is a reason I'm asking this question...I have a full CNC shop and casting company available to me, a 14 year old shelf company and am looking for my next entrepreneurial adventure. Further, I'm looking to create the next best thing to airsoft here in Canada!

So, please, chime in and contribute to the development of the worlds finest, airsoft, gas powered fun.
I'm not sure you'd find much success in your business endeavours aside from making custom parts and accessories as constructing anything to do with the lower (restricted) receiver may land you in legal hot water.

Having that said, and provided that your company has fully understood the legal complications of manufacturing firearms - are you planning on developing a completely new system, or building on top of one (WA/WE/KJW) with custom enhancements?

If you can develop a gas rifle that can shoot sustained full auto without an external air setup, while maintaining reliability, realism, and affordability - you will corner the market, but this is common sense. Stick with building rifles that aren't currently covered by manufacturers. AFAIK, there hasn't been an actual M249 or LMG (aside from Daytonagun kits) made with a gas system yet.
Old October 7th, 2012, 22:09   #3
Juke16

Here's a good idea of what you'd need to make.
The most realistic of all airsoft guns - YouTube
Juke16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2012, 22:14   #4
gmeyer

The legal ramifications are well understood and we do not minimize the impact onerous legislation, fees, inspections and licensing would have on the retail value if the finished product. That said, it remains a viable option for us should the demand present itself.

In the mean time, imagine a customized set of modular improvements to the existing platforms. Even more important, imagine these coming with a warranty of sufficient scope. We feel certain that this service and product offering would be a monumental leap forward in demonstrating what we are capable of, what service and support looks like and what accuracies can be achieved with a 6mm spherical ball.

Thank you for your thoughts and keep them coming!
Old October 7th, 2012, 22:16   #5
gmeyer

And again...

Not looking for anything other than the functional and performance characteristics of an airsoft product that would be well received by the community. This may take the form of accessories or as a whole system. The purpose of this thread is to discern that distinction.

Thanks again!!!
Old October 7th, 2012, 23:57   #6
Danke

One of the biggest issues with gas guns is magazine reliability.

Build mags that don't leak and people will beat a path to your door.

After the little trick bits that let you attach lights, slings, and optics to both the more common rifles and the out in left field ones.
Old October 8th, 2012, 00:00   #7
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Really? You have to ask?

Reliable, durable, accurate,

And of course inexpensive.
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 01:20   #8
Huron
GabeGuitarded

Huge +1 to a new mag design that doesn't leak, particularly in adverse weather conditions (basically colder than 15C and warmer than 35C). I know there are enough WE users in Canada to warrant this.

Nothing worse than having your camp attacked first thing after a freezing shivery night, and finding out your mags have lost most of their gas when you try to return fire and have to make 3 mag changes in a row, lol.
Old October 8th, 2012, 04:44   #9
phloudernow

Send a message via MSN to phloudernow Send a message via Skype™ to phloudernow
Even with all the equipment given to you to build such an airsoft gun, you still need to design something of the sort. Unless you are trained and are Familiar with all the different gas systems that are available in the market right now right down to the core, you are so going to have a hard time creating such a gun.

Its obvious what sort of characteristics one needs in a GBBR. In terms of reliability it needs to be on par with an AEG. Since cool down is a huge factor in creating inconsistency with the power of shots in an GBBR. As Brian mentioned, Durable, Accurate and Reliable are the MAIN things that a GBBR needs.

Another thing other than NON leaky mags is super durable mags strong enough to be abused through dropping on the ground for example.

this is just my opinion.
Custom SAI BLU Glock Build (Timberwolf Base)
Custom Zev Noveske Shooting Team Glock 34
Project Guns
Custom Zev Dragonfly G17 (Project) (In progress)
phloudernow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 09:57   #10
SuperCriollo

Something that runs CO2 filled mags with a built in regulator.

SuperCriollo
SuperCriollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 10:10   #11
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCriollo View Post
Something that runs CO2 filled mags with a built in regulator.
Lets up the ante a bit, CO2 powered shells that eject after each round is fired
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 10:34   #12
Aper
E-30

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard View Post
Hello field sweep after a game

West Coast EOD Supporter. // Bang One, Bang Em All ! // In war, it's not who's right, but who's left.
Aper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 10:49   #13
MultipleParadox

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard View Post
And the crazy price too! :P anyways the shell ejecting guns seems to be more a novelty than anything else as it makes them hardly fieldable due to the price of the shells and odds of loosing them

GBBR- bang bang -- Giggle

AEG-- merrrzip merrzip -- meh
MultipleParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 11:46   #14
Dynamo
Harvester of Noobs' Sorrow

Send a message via MSN to Dynamo
gmeyer, you and i should talk sometime during the week. i have some designs that might interest you.

reliable: consistent performance - shot to shot consistency. bolt catch should never fail to catch on last round. mags should not leak, ever. feeding from mags should never be a problem.
durable: 10k+ cycles without failure. components should not destroy one another.
accurate: mechanical operation/BB flight path.
practical: a system inside the bolt that can adjust the power output to the BB/barrel, while maintaining consistent cycle operation. the adjustment needs to be done with a tool that is part of the carrier, and not some ridiculously long and impractical allen key hybrid that scratches the barrel. (i have a working prototype of such a system)

a CO2 mag with internal regulation should be easy to do. the design would have to be different than current cast/cnced mags. two chamber system - one for the CO2 cartridge, and the second for an expansion reservoir with a regulator in between the two.
the valve lock (keeps the mag's main valve open) should be part of the lower valve striker group, not on each mag. should reduce the cost of the mag a bit. the mag it self does not need to be made of solid metal to withstand impacts from being dropped. make the mags light by using polymers for the inserts, and only use metal where high pressure gases are routed.

designs i have, crude prototypes i have made and have tested. i lack the capital and equipment to produce a viable product.

Don't look at me, I don't know, lol ¯\(°_o)/¯.
Dynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 13:11   #15
gmeyer

This is fantastic!

To those of you with a great idea (or many) that you would like to share, please feel free to post it here or, if you would prefer some security, PM me with the idea. I can assure you that you will be protected under a non disclosure agreement. Further, should your idea make it to reality, we have a very straightforward royalty agreement.

What is really encouraging is the fact that this is beginning to seem like the solution(s) will come from the wealth of knowledge within the community.

AWSOME stuff folks!
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General