Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Looking for a heavier glock frame

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old May 4th, 2016, 13:01   #1
Demogorgon

Question Looking for a heavier glock frame

Hey guys,

Does anyone know where to get a heavy glock lower frame? Or at least give me a brand name that I can look up. I have a HK3P G17 that I'm modifying and the stock frame is lighter than a real glock frame (I want to simulate as close as I can the feel of a real G17). I really want to find one that will make the unloaded pistol less top heavy.

Thanks a lot!
Demogorgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2016, 13:21   #2
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
You will never get the weight of a real glock with airsoft.

IF you want a better frame that feels better, Guarder is what you want.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2016, 14:45   #3
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Yep guarder frame and you can add weight to the frame as well. You can add alot in the rear (where the lanyard plug would go in) and a verry little up front.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2016, 18:11   #4
Demogorgon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectic View Post
Yep guarder frame and you can add weight to the frame as well. You can add alot in the rear (where the lanyard plug would go in) and a verry little up front.
How would I go about adding weight to the lanyard area? Is there something I can buy to plug it?
Old May 4th, 2016, 18:13   #5
Demogorgon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRage View Post
You will never get the weight of a real glock with airsoft.

IF you want a better frame that feels better, Guarder is what you want.
I assume you're talking about the Guarder Original Frame for TM? Is it any heavier/more durable than a stock HK3P frame?
Old May 4th, 2016, 18:37   #6
cav.

Dear good sir. Most of these polymer frames are quite light and wont match up to the weight of a real one. Comparing the Guarder frames vs HK3P, the difference isn't very noticable as they are all polymer/nylon.

If you've taken the time to search (which Im sure you have), you most likely wont find anything that "increases weight" of the frame because that stuff does not exist. Now use your own idea of adding weight to the lanyard area and you will achieve added weight to your frame.
Old May 4th, 2016, 18:49   #7
e-luder

...or just add an underrail torch.

...Or just buy a KSC G19 heavyweight...

...or pour cement inside the inner ridges of your frame (not joking)

...or just upgrade virtually everything in your lower half to steel (although the weight gained isnt noticeable at all)

...or just add a rifle vertical foregrip light...

...or use 50rnd mags...

...mehh..
Old May 4th, 2016, 19:03   #8
Demogorgon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cav. View Post
Dear good sir. Most of these polymer frames are quite light and wont match up to the weight of a real one. Comparing the Guarder frames vs HK3P, the difference isn't very noticable as they are all polymer/nylon.

If you've taken the time to search (which Im sure you have), you most likely wont find anything that "increases weight" of the frame because that stuff does not exist. Now use your own idea of adding weight to the lanyard area and you will achieve added weight to your frame.
I figured. I personally really enjoy realism, but I think I'll go with the cement suggestion or something similar. I was hoping they made a lead lanyard plug or something silly :P
Old May 4th, 2016, 19:15   #9
uncle_benny12

Comparing a Glock 17 Gen 4 frame to a Guarder frame (with mostly TM internals), the airsoft frame actually feels heavier. Keep in mind this is without the magazines.

A GBB magazine is much heavier than an unloaded Glock magazine. Off of the top of my head, I'd say the airsoft magazine is close to the weight of a 10 round Glock magazine (thanks a lot Canaduh!). I don't really have a frame of reference for a standard 17 rounder.

Most of the weight on the real Glock is in the slide, I have an aluminum PGC on my airsoft Glock and it is SIGNIFICANTLY lighter, so look into a steel slide and barrel. I believe Guarder and RA-Tech both have them available.
uncle_benny12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2016, 19:19   #10
Demogorgon

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_benny12 View Post
Comparing a Glock 17 Gen 4 frame to a Guarder frame (with mostly TM internals), the airsoft frame actually feels heavier. Keep in mind this is without the magazines.

A GBB magazine is much heavier than an unloaded Glock magazine. Off of the top of my head, I'd say the airsoft magazine is close to the weight of a 10 round Glock magazine (thanks a lot Canaduh!). I don't really have a frame of reference for a standard 17 rounder.

Most of the weight on the real Glock is in the slide, I have an aluminum PGC on my airsoft Glock and it is SIGNIFICANTLY lighter, so look into a steel slide and barrel. I believe Guarder and RA-Tech both have them available.
I really want to get my hands on a steel slide and barrel from guarder (or RA) with real Glock trademarks (like my pot-metal HK3P slide has). All Canadian stores and even eHobby are sold out Do you know a site that has those parts in stock? (Yes I've googled, but to no avail).
Old May 4th, 2016, 19:45   #11
uncle_benny12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
I really want to get my hands on a steel slide and barrel from guarder (or RA) with real Glock trademarks (like my pot-metal HK3P slide has). All Canadian stores and even eHobby are sold out Do you know a site that has those parts in stock? (Yes I've googled, but to no avail).
I'd try all the Hong Kong or Taiwan based retailers and see. You can also message some Canadian retailers to see if they can order it in for you.

One thing to note about the steel slide and barrel set is that your gas efficiency is going to drop significantly. I don't have personal experience with a steel slide build but I'd imagine you'd struggle to empty 17 rounds in fall/winter.
uncle_benny12 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications