Airsoft ACOG

:

Accessories Discussion

Old May 1st, 2012, 03:46   #1
Cifyra
Iskaryot

Airsoft ACOG

Hey,

I'm looking for a good quality ACOG for airsoft, and having been the victim of a cheap ass EOTech that is ungameable, I try not to cheap out on optics. I recently came across this, http://desktop.toolshomes.com/index...._id=B0010PR0QG
but the website looks a bit fishy. Also, real ACOGs should cost around 700-1000 CDN right?

Edit: I also kinda wanna know about an good airsoft ACOG brands. I heard G&P is good but have horrible eye relief.

Last edited by Cifyra; May 1st, 2012 at 09:03..
Cifyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 09:14   #2
MultipleParadox

I don't know this site but it does indeed look fishy.
A quick lookup shows that they are mostly "wholeseller" doing drop shipping (you oculd piggyback on their service and sell their product to others, have them ship what they buy from you to your customers directly), which is in my opinion a not so good business practice, but that's me.

Sure thing is, it's a chinese site, items coming from China, be prepared to get a load of clone. Although it doesn't mean it is, the chances are just greater IMO. At this price I would definitely shop elsewhere

Take a look a DVOR.com, they seem much more legit (you have to subscribe, they ave daily sale over range of items over limited period of time). I've seen authentic (supposedly) Acog listed not so long ago at similar prices if I'm correct.

I don't know about US exportation laws over this kind of item though, might be prohibited from export and/or prohibited from import over here. I'm sure someone can shed some light over this here

GBBR- bang bang -- Giggle

AEG-- merrrzip merrzip -- meh
MultipleParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 11:05   #3
oniwagamaru
Occifer

I highly doubt they could sell a real TA31 RCO for that price. I looked at the MSRP for it and it is around 1700 for that model. TA01s are probably cheaper but still that model they have is a TA31 and TA01's would still cost a lot more. I would be more inclined to think that that right there is a clone... a very expensive clone.

Also, if you were going to buy a clone acog, I have heard that G&P makes good ones. I do know that even the huang ones aren't that bad. I run one and it works fine for me. As for eye relief, ACOGs in general have horrible eye relief. It is a bit better for the real ACOGS but they still have short eye relief. i think thats how they were designed (Screwed right on top of the carry handle in the old m16a2's).

Also, in EBairsoft right now, they are selling ACOG's that have a working fibre optic cable so it apparently illuminates without batteries. I was kind of tempted to pick one up myself but I dont think I need it right away so I put it off for now. Maybe worth a look though.
REGULAR GUY
Certified Level 34 Autosniper
μολών λαβε
oniwagamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 11:29   #4
c3sk
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Looks like a stolen USMC RCO to me. Quite common these days. Probably legit as remembering my TA31F RCO, that fiber optic doesn't look like the shitty clone version.. and the wear on the windage caps is about right for a USMC used acog. However you don't really want to be anywhere near purchasing stolen USMC property. You would be taking a huge risk, and DHS/RCMP will nail you to the wall. Just my advice.
c3sk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 11:36   #5
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

assuming that they didn't just steal a photo of it somewhere to make it look legit and just ship you a shitty china clone...
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 11:48   #6
Danke

I have a 4 year old Huang one but I rarely use it. It has nice glass but I just find fixed 4x to be too limiting.

What is your budget for this optic, what are you putting it on and what other details like magnification etc. are after?
Old May 1st, 2012, 12:15   #7
c3sk
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingknight View Post
assuming that they didn't just steal a photo of it somewhere to make it look legit and just ship you a shitty china clone...
Just pay with a major credit card with buyer protection or paypal, problem solved.

I have been recommending the Aimpoint Patrol Optics to individuals wishing to graduate their optics from clones to RS without breaking the bank.
Got to play around with these at shot show, and I am now completely sold on Aimpoints. Outstanding customer service if you ever manage to actually break your optic (playing airsoft with it of course) Typically most Aimpoints come with a lifetime warranty.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aimpoint-pat...#ht_962wt_1176

You can pick them up on ebay pretty cheap, or visit Tactical Products Canada here in Toronto.

http://www.tacticalproductscanada.co...php?prodid=389

Last edited by c3sk; May 1st, 2012 at 12:23..
c3sk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 20:27   #8
Cifyra
Iskaryot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
I have a 4 year old Huang one but I rarely use it. It has nice glass but I just find fixed 4x to be too limiting.

What is your budget for this optic, what are you putting it on and what other details like magnification etc. are after?
I'm just looking for an ACOG or ACOG clone for a future M16 DMR project. Right now I'm just keeping my eyes peeled for any great deals. I also do real steel shooting but I still haven't decided on what real steel guns to get. There really isn't a real budget, I just want to see if I can pay less than full price for an ACOG if I can, not in a real hurry or anything. But if by the time I get an M16 and I still don't have a ACOG, then I might consider buying a clone.

Besides ACOGs are there any optics with magnification issued for US troops?
Old May 1st, 2012, 21:12   #9
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

Elcan C79 is issued to LMG operators. (M240/M249)
And the Elcan Spectre DR I think is issued to special forces and rangers, force recon, but don't take my word for it. But I think the Spectre DR is a marsoc issue.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion