:

General

Old June 4th, 2015, 15:46   #1
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Duster Gas

So...

Is anyone still using Duster Gas?

Just curious.. wanted to grab a can and try it out, but there's so much out there, and I can't really find "134A" specific key words when I google.

Most threads on ASC are pre-2013 about the subject, so thought I'd revise it.

Was looking at this:

http://www.absolutetoner.com/emzone-...e7e756ff0737a2

I know Grand and Toy and Staples have a bunch, but nothing states.. the can contains inside.

As Drake stated in one thread
Quote:
Most dusters now are difluoroethane, which is noticeably weaker than HFC134a/trifluoroethane (thank the dumbass kiddies who were huffing the crap for that change).
I don't see many cans stating stuff like that, I have a simple grand and toy branded dust can at work and doesn't say much on the bottom except "EXPLOSION WARNINGS" ahoy.

Last edited by BioRage; June 4th, 2015 at 15:59..
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2015, 16:12   #2
Fenrir92

I use duster gas when I plink around in the basement. I buy it from Sayal Electronics which is located around the GTA. Look for "SUPER DUSTER AEROSOL 450G HFC134".

Last edited by Fenrir92; June 4th, 2015 at 16:15..
Fenrir92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2015, 16:19   #3
BioRage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir92 View Post
I use duster gas when I plink around in the basement. I buy it from Sayal Electronics which is located around the GTA. Look for "SUPER DUSTER AEROSOL 450G HFC134".
Would you have a direct link?

I tried searching "dust, duster, SUPER DUSTER AEROSOL 450G HFC134, etc."

Keeps returning as "search for "You searched for : dust" returned no valid records."
Old June 4th, 2015, 16:19   #4
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
I just buy duster gas from the source, or really any compressed air.... they all seem to work fine. Just a pain to rip the head off them to put on the adapter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2015, 16:47   #5
Fenrir92

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRage View Post
Would you have a direct link?

I tried searching "dust, duster, SUPER DUSTER AEROSOL 450G HFC134, etc."

Keeps returning as "search for "You searched for : dust" returned no valid records."
Click on the link that I put up and scroll down to item 10.
Old June 4th, 2015, 16:49   #6
BioRage

Quote:
Click on the link http://www.sayal.com/zinc/zinc_searc...&title=DUSTERS that I put up and scroll down to item 10.
Got it, had to click something that popped up.

Last edited by BioRage; June 4th, 2015 at 16:53..
Old June 4th, 2015, 16:50   #7
fretwire

Sayal's search doesn't always work. Sometimes I have to click on a link (like "New Products") and then search for some reason.

You could also try searching stock number QPA-1463 or SKU 77155. Most of their locations usually have it in stock.
fretwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2015, 16:53   #8
Fenrir92

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRage View Post
Got it, had to click something that popped up.

What's the average price you pay?
Oh man....it's been almost a year since I bought from there. I think I paid around $15/can after tax.
Old June 4th, 2015, 16:54   #9
BioRage

Quote:
Oh man....it's been almost a year since I bought from there. I think I paid around $15/can after tax.
Haha, thanks! Called the head office.

18.95+tax for one, and 10+ is 17.95.

Guessing you need a lot to bring it down, or inflation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fretwire View Post
Sayal's search doesn't always work. Sometimes I have to click on a link (like "New Products") and then search for some reason.

You could also try searching stock number QPA-1463 or SKU 77155. Most of their locations usually have it in stock.
thanks.

Last edited by BioRage; June 4th, 2015 at 16:57..
Old June 4th, 2015, 17:56   #10
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1,1,1,2-Tetrafluoroethane

it may not be marked 134a, it may be listed by the chemical name in the contents.

It's an automotive ac refrigerant that was replaced, so it's somewhat regulated because it's ozone depleting when released to atmosphere... it's also technically against the law to release it to atmosphere lol.

The important thing here is that it's increasingly harder to get and the chemicals that replaced it are not so friendly on regular seals and rubber. So if you use the unmarked stuff and suddenly develop all sorts of leaks, there's or your reason.
Old June 4th, 2015, 18:53   #11
Fenrir92

In case people are wondering, the MG Chemicals ones sold at Sayal are tetraflouroethane.

Last edited by Fenrir92; June 4th, 2015 at 18:57..
Old June 4th, 2015, 21:27   #12
p0nch3

When worse comes to worse, read the warning label part. It may not be explicitly written as contents but the warning should mention it. That being said, I get my sister at Sayal. There's always stock and a can lasts me a decent amount of time
p0nch3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2015, 22:26   #13
Sequential

Quote:
In case people are wondering, the MG Chemicals ones sold at Sayal are tetraflouroethane.

Yup this is the only kind you should be using.

I also use the same kind.
Old June 4th, 2015, 23:10   #14
crent

r134a is a greenhouse gas; not ozone depleting

r12 is the ozone killer

its illegal to vent any kind or refrigerant to the atmosphere

r134a is the current automotive standard ac refrigerant; however that is changing to something else i cant remember right at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingknight View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1,1,1,2-Tetrafluoroethane

it may not be marked 134a, it may be listed by the chemical name in the contents.

It's an automotive ac refrigerant that was replaced, so it's somewhat regulated because it's ozone depleting when released to atmosphere... it's also technically against the law to release it to atmosphere lol.

The important thing here is that it's increasingly harder to get and the chemicals that replaced it are not so friendly on regular seals and rubber. So if you use the unmarked stuff and suddenly develop all sorts of leaks, there's or your reason.
crent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2015, 21:48   #15
alchemy

I love how the law works...
R134a in your car is classified as "Refrigerant" = bad, no vent!
in your duster gas classified as a "Propellant" so no problem!
In some plastics manufacturing is a "blowing agent" also, no problem vent away!
r134a is also has medical applications such as, (I would imagine) if anyone uses an inhaler, theres probably some R134a in there.

r134a is a relatively low pressure gas, even lower than propane at any given temperature.

r410a, now theres a nice gas. It is a blended refrigerant (r125 and something else I cant remember) but it is near azeotropic which means that it has low glide/fractionation. Why is that important in airsoft? Because the higher pressure gas will sit at the top of the mag and get used first, leaving the lower pressure gas in the last half of the mag; if there is a signifgant pressure difference between the two gasses you would notice a loss of performance shooting the second half of the mag.

Anyway, long story short, I'm running it in GHK AKM green gas mags without a problem. Seals are holding fine, and I'm not really worried about the mag exploding even though r410a is about twice the pressure of Propane at any given temperature (so on a hot day around 250 psi) as I hear some ppl are actually running CO2 in the GHK green gas mags with no problem and thats at least 10 times the pressure. Because the boiling point is so low, the mags have nice recovery time, and really kick. Can shoot well over 500fps, but I've got it trimmed down to just under 380fps with FG airsofts nozzle. In the field, all of these new HFC refrigerants use synthetic oil (POE) and rubber is still commonly used, so I think silicone will be just fine on the seals.

I would really only consider duster gas if you were looking to downgrade your fps on a hot shooting pistol/rifle and couldn't get an npas for it or something.
alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General