Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

use your tactical force mac11 with maruzen magazines

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old March 27th, 2009, 20:49   #1
lemegacool

use your tactical force mac11 with maruzen magazines

hi everybody!

first of all excuse me if i did any grammar errors english isn't my 1'st language

so there was questions about the fitment of a maruzen mag in the tactical force mac11. so in one of my ehobby asia order i ordered a maruzen mag to clear things out once for all.

-the mag is fitting and locking wery well in the magwell...lol

-chrony results : with a fresh co2 capsule my tf11 chronied at about 320-325, with the maruzen mag i got the first shot at 350 fps then dropping 345-340-330 blablabla rps=19

-cooldown seems to be WAY more acceptable with the propane mag. but i cant say too much about this since the temperature isn't very hot these
days

- buid quality: it's full metal, wheights more than the original mag. mine had a small leak, fixed with oiling the oring

overall i think it's a great upgrade to do, looks better, shoots better and runs off propane! no expensive co2 anymore... well yes since i still got 2 co2 mags but heh!

any questions feel free to ask!

now for the mag pron! (i know you guys likes pictures)

sorry for the quality, took off my crappy ebay cam

***oh and a little friendly reminder: when chronying a full auto gbb airsoft gun dont hold the chrony in your hand... because not expecting hard recoil and getting a burst of 4 bb's on the thumb is NOT pleasant!!! a least i was wearing my goggles...

member of fire team NOM. my other regular forum: www.toyotanation.com / gen3,gen4 camry

Last edited by lemegacool; March 28th, 2009 at 03:03..
lemegacool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2009, 20:54   #2
Malice Army

was there much price difference? how about fills per shots? I have a Tac Force Mac 11 as well great little piece. Thanks for the heads up, great tip
Malice Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2009, 20:58   #3
Crunchmeister

Thanks for doing this and taking the leap to try it out. As I had told you, I tried with HFC mags, but wasn't as lucky as you. Like I said, I'll buy you a post-game beer sometime for doing this for us TF11 owners.

The only thing I find peculiar is the chrony results you seem to be getting. My TF11 shoots a pretty consistent 350 fps with .2, and has a blistering rof of about 22 BB/s. Now with propane / green gas being at a significantly lower pressure, I would have expected it to yeild a lower muzzle velocity unless the gas pressure regulator is in the mag instead of the gun (which appears to be the case).

But regardless, I'll be ordering a couple of these mags soon myself and will update my TF11 review with the numbers once I've compared and tested them. Feel free to post any of your results in that thread as well (I've already updated it with your info about the mags working when you informed me last week). It would be helpful to have all this info in one thread instead of scattered around.
Old March 27th, 2009, 21:06   #4
lemegacool

the regulator is in the mag otherwise the gun would just gone "plop". maybe my shots fps is due to the low temp in here.

for the fill per shot it's roughly the same as the co2 mags (havent tested it but seems to be very close to the co2 one)

and for the price difference well they are 39$ on ehobby and the co2 mags are 40$ here but with the ehobby shipping and currency exchange the maruzen mag is becoming more expensive but worth it.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/maruzen-m...-m11-50rd.html

member of fire team NOM. my other regular forum: www.toyotanation.com / gen3,gen4 camry

Last edited by lemegacool; March 27th, 2009 at 21:08..
Old March 27th, 2009, 21:23   #5
Crunchmeister

Cool. I was wondering about the number of shots as well. How long do you need to fill these mags to get them filled?

And I agree that while the cost of a mag is more expensive (probably closer to $60 Cdn once conversion and shipping is factored in), in the long run, you save a lot in gas. Depending on how many CO2 powerlets you buy (I believe it's about $25 for 40 at Cdn Tire), that can add up quickly if you shoot the gun a lot. $25 worth propane will go a LOT farther than $25 of CO2 will.
Old March 27th, 2009, 21:28   #6
lemegacool

they are like tm mags no seal on the fill valve so when they are full some liquid will squirt off the valve. but i think you have to fill them for at least 6-7 seconds

Old March 27th, 2009, 21:33   #7
Crunchmeister

Excellent. At least they have that feature to prevent overfilling. Good to know. Thanks again.
Old March 27th, 2009, 21:39   #8
Malice Army

thats amazing, would it be a stretch to think other Maruzen parts be compatible for the Tac Force, barrels for instance?
Malice Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2009, 21:45   #9
lemegacool

i think all the stuff from maruzen should work on it but the problem is ... where to buy it! maruzen part are quite rare!

Old March 27th, 2009, 21:52   #10
Crunchmeister

I've been told the maruzen stock works on the M11. But I haven't been able to track one down anywhere. And I've been looking ever since I got this gun.
Old March 27th, 2009, 22:30   #11
Disco_Dante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
I've been told the maruzen stock works on the M11. But I haven't been able to track one down anywhere. And I've been looking ever since I got this gun.
HFC and Well make GBB macs too, and TSD rebrands the HFC one, all of which have stocks. I don't know if you can buy them separately, but I assume its worth looking into.

Not for glory, nor riches, nor honours, but for freedom alone, which no good man gives up except with his life.
Disco_Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2009, 22:33   #12
Crunchmeister

Yeah, I've looked for those as well, but can't find them either unfortunately.
Old March 27th, 2009, 22:46   #13
grimreefer

Kinda regret selling my TF11 now....
Old March 27th, 2009, 22:55   #14
Skladfin

don't you guys get extreme cooldowns shooting at that kind of ROF?
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2009, 22:58   #15
Crunchmeister

There's a lot of cooldown. But by using short, controlled bursts, its effects are mitigated.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications