Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

SIG 552 RAS Modular Handguard

:

Accessories Discussion

Old March 24th, 2009, 20:51   #1
[]D[][]\/[][]D

SIG 552 RAS Modular Handguard

Does anybody know if the Proud or UFC SIG 552 RAS Modular Handguard can hold a 102mm x 34mm x 16mm Li-Po battery? Do they give you more room to work with than the original SIG 552 handguard? Because that size of Li-Po battery won't fit in the original handguard even with the battery tray removed.
[]D[][]\/[][]D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2009, 21:14   #2
EDWARD I. MAIDEN

Location: THIRD ROCK FROM THE SUN..FOR NOW..TILL' MY RIDE SHOW'S UP...
Hey PIMP,I purchased a new RIS for the 552, in mine it does not really leave me alot of room either but I can still get the original battery into it(little tight..but no movement) as for you having to remove the battery tray..well all I did to remedy this problem was to purchase a battery box , attach it to the RIS, run the battery wire to it and I'm good to go..I'm not really sure but I can't see why you couldn't do that with a LIPO..they do come in all sizes (battery box that is) to accomodate various battery sizes..
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea,for the Devil sends the Beast with wrath,because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the Beast for it is a human number, its number is Six Hundred and Sixty-six."(Revelations Ch.x111 v18)
EDWARD I. MAIDEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2009, 21:32   #3
[]D[][]\/[][]D

Well, I just ordered a VFC AN/PEQ-15 battery case with 11.1V 1300mAh Li-Ion battery so you can say that I got that part covered already. But with my FireFox 11.1V 1600mAh mini sized Li-Po battery, I can't fit it inside the original 552 handguard even with the battery tray removed. Even though it's the exact same size as a mini Ni-MH/Ni-Cd battery. It's because it has straight right angeled corners. Can you tell me if the RAS handguard gives you a little more room than the original handguard? Like, is it like the original how it tapers at the top from the middle or if it's straight? Even better, can you post up a pic of it looking inside from the rear with it together?
Old March 24th, 2009, 21:41   #4
EDWARD I. MAIDEN

Location: THIRD ROCK FROM THE SUN..FOR NOW..TILL' MY RIDE SHOW'S UP...
Quote:
Originally Posted by []D[][]\/[][]D View Post
Well, I just ordered a VFC AN/PEQ-15 battery case with 11.1V 1300mAh Li-Ion battery so you can say that I got that part covered already. But with my FireFox 11.1V 1600mAh mini sized Li-Po battery, I can't fit it inside the original 552 handguard even with the battery tray removed. Even though it's the exact same size as a mini Ni-MH/Ni-Cd battery. It's because it has straight right angeled corners. Can you tell me if the RAS handguard gives you a little more room than the original handguard? Like, is it like the original how it tapers at the top from the middle or if it's straight? Even better, can you post up a pic of it looking inside from the rear with it together?
Yes, mine is tapered leaving not much room..I guess that's why I just said F-ck it ,and put the batt. box on..that made my headache go away..lol..as for a photo..wish I could(to help you out)my dig. cam is malfunctioning so it has become my new door stop..sorry I couldn't help you my friend,
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea,for the Devil sends the Beast with wrath,because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the Beast for it is a human number, its number is Six Hundred and Sixty-six."(Revelations Ch.x111 v18)
EDWARD I. MAIDEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2009, 21:46   #5
[]D[][]\/[][]D

That's cool, by you telling me that the RAS handguard is tapered as well, you just helped me answer my original question. So, I guess you can't fit a mini sized Li-Po battery in it. Thanks a lot for your input!
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion