Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Frequently Asked Questions
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Airsoft and Canadian Law - Important Readme for New Folks (cleaned)

:

Frequently Asked Questions

Closed Thread

Old March 4th, 2008, 00:15   #46
Ceasure

it just bothers me more than most living in a border town. A all metal m9 in canada is around 350, in the USA its 100.

umm...?

Also where is this definition on "Clearsoft"?, the issues is that it is a exact or indistinguishable from the real weapon. whish still isnt the issue... the issues if that its a replica fire arm of a prohibited weapon.

Last edited by Ceasure; March 4th, 2008 at 00:19..
Old March 4th, 2008, 00:28   #47
Ceasure

sorry im not trying to sound rude and aregant, but it just bothers me that our government try's to regulate our "free" country to death, and can't do that clearly or precisly. i am in the process of making a proposal to customs canada about some discrepencies i see and attempt to find alternate ways of importing the gun. they seemed nice but as most of us, they dont know anything about the policy and laws that exist
Old March 4th, 2008, 00:41   #48
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Its airsoft, its not like their depriving you of oxygen.

I wouldnt say they know nothing, they know enough to do their jobs and personally I think they do their jobs very well.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
Old March 4th, 2008, 09:00   #49
kullwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceasure View Post
sorry im not trying to sound rude and aregant, but it just bothers me that our government try's to regulate our "free" country to death, and can't do that clearly or precisly. i am in the process of making a proposal to customs canada about some discrepencies i see and attempt to find alternate ways of importing the gun. they seemed nice but as most of us, they dont know anything about the policy and laws that exist
blameing government for banning airsoft is like blaming firearm to all crimes. Mostly is the result of media on thinking gun = bad, airsoft = same as gun
Old March 5th, 2008, 07:33   #50
Neil_N

My idea on this whole matter is that if someone is crazy enogh to take a hostage or rob a bank they didnt need no god dam "replica firearm" to encourage them. Its like when the blamed the snong cop killer for cops geting shot (witched still hapend in the 1800s befor modern music) Its the same with all of canadas gun laws a vat of usles good intentions to silence the media for a week. But hey thats my opinion. And if its that big of a deal make it so you have to register them not make it imposible to get one.
dam then i couldent use one till im 18! owell it would be worth it.
Old March 10th, 2008, 14:03   #51
glitch1502319641

Set me right

I'm sure this question has been answered before... but my internet connection is dodgy (Stupid wireless :banghead: ) but I seem to remember that parts of the Airsoft "replica" are legit to bring in, pretty much everything but the mag well, silencers, and mags with dummy bullets. ( I'm sure there's a couple others, but whatever)

My question is this: Do you think that if the AEG were disassembled, placed into 1 or 2 boxes, say one with the internals and the other with all the body parts minus the receiver. Then sent to myself in Canada by a friend in the states. Do you think that would be allowed.
(tangent) I'm not trying to 'get away with it' because I'm sure that some one has 'Gotten away with it' and I want to be legal.

Now as far as the receiver goes I could order one from Redwolf for $60 Shipping included, or find the receiver at one of the Canadian retailers...

Any way, thanks for reading and for your knowledge!
Old March 10th, 2008, 14:10   #52
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

If you bought an M4 and had it shipped from the states with just mechbox front end, stock and pistol grip with no reciever. It would make it through, although customs may seize it anyways. Just because it looks like a box full of gun parts and they can be douches and take it if they want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitch1502319641@yahoo.com View Post

Now as far as the receiver goes I could order one from Redwolf for $60 Shipping included, or find the receiver at one of the Canadian retailers...
Im sorry that doesnt make much sense to me, your going to purchase a gun in the states and then have the reciever removed so the rest of the parts can maybe make it through and then attempt to have a reciever shipped from redwolf in the US. Nuh-uh stick to picking a body up in Canada.

Old March 10th, 2008, 15:47   #53
Azathoth

Tokyo Seven did a good job in answering your question. However, I want to add some things.

1-2 shipments would probably not be good enough IF I were to do it I would do it in 4+ shipments. You would/should send it via a courier (UPS, FEDEX) which have the clearing houses and prepaid duties/custom charges attached.

Next, most if not all of the major airsoft retailers are on the Customs watch list for varying reasons. Some lie on the declarations form (notably HK dealers). Once you factor in the possibility or very likely hood of your package being opened, inspected, taxed, dutied and handling fee's added you may as well buy one from a CDN retailer.

The cost of doing all of this is high. Considering it's 30-50 dollars a shipment plus custom charges on each shipment you can end up spending 200+ with no guarantee of getting your gun to you.

Support the Canadian Retailers, buy within Canada.

(sic) unless you own a ocean worthy yacht, then you can goto the states/HK and buy your gun and bring it back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
it would appear I am not first up in this gang-bang
---
WANTED PTW Receiver PRIME, STG, Factory
Old March 11th, 2008, 16:41   #54
glitch1502319641

Hey, Thanks

Well, the problem is that I already have the gun, and one of my friends is holding onto it for me... so that's why I wouldn't mind spending a few $ on shipping and a receiver... I'm trying to not spend a whole lot on it, because I don't know anyone on Saltspring island who plays, so I'm trying to do it cheaply... but that word isn't in immagration vocab.
would anyone know of a decent store in Victoria? or somewhere thereabouts I can at leist save on shipping if I can pick it up there.
Thanks again for your help.
Old March 15th, 2008, 00:06   #55
purplestairs

Laws and policies are becoming so strict. Back in the day.....
Old April 1st, 2008, 07:54   #56
whisper_kill

I skimmed all the content, but I may have missed this, so I apologize in advance if it is already addressed.

I had a couple of U.S. players, interested in Humanity's Hammer, and they wanted to know if it is illegal to transport empty magazines and/or scopes across the border.
Old April 1st, 2008, 08:16   #57
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisper_kill View Post
I skimmed all the content, but I may have missed this, so I apologize in advance if it is already addressed.

I had a couple of U.S. players, interested in Humanity's Hammer, and they wanted to know if it is illegal to transport empty magazines and/or scopes across the border.
As long as the magazines don't have fake bullets they should be fine. Scopes are fine as well.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
Old May 26th, 2008, 14:59   #58
brucebeh

sorry i'm a noobie and kinda confused here...

After reading the FAQ over and over again I've come to the conclusion that Airsoft is LEGAL to own in Canada.

However, it is illegal to purchase them after 1998, now my question is, if it is illegal to buy them after 1998, how do sites like buyairsoft.ca exist? Do you need some sort of license before you can buy from them?

I'm just interested in buying one or two just for fun...

http://buyairsoft.ca/catalog/product...roducts_id=279
http://buyairsoft.ca/catalog/product...roducts_id=392
http://buyairsoft.ca/catalog/product...roducts_id=296

Should I be worried about anything? Is it illegal to buy these items since its 2008?

Thanks in advance!!!
Old May 26th, 2008, 15:24   #59
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Well one of the guns you have choosen appears to be a pellet gun so we dont have to explain anything there.

Its a little complicated and somewhat difficult to explain. Essentially what your getting from buyairsoft is a partially clear plastic gun. When it comes to replica law and all that lovely confusing garbage, if its clear its ok is the jist of it. It is much more compliated than that but for all intensive purposes today, we dont have to go there.

You should be fine purchasing though, although just as a word of caution in some cases buyairsoft has not been noted to be the most reliable retailer, but everyones experience is different.

Old May 26th, 2008, 16:23   #60
brucebeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
Well one of the guns you have choosen appears to be a pellet gun so we dont have to explain anything there.

Its a little complicated and somewhat difficult to explain. Essentially what your getting from buyairsoft is a partially clear plastic gun. When it comes to replica law and all that lovely confusing garbage, if its clear its ok is the jist of it. It is much more compliated than that but for all intensive purposes today, we dont have to go there.

You should be fine purchasing though, although just as a word of caution in some cases buyairsoft has not been noted to be the most reliable retailer, but everyones experience is different.

So pellet guns are a nono?

I'm thinking either the first or second one, second one because it has blowback which i think would be really neat but its clear plastic.

the first one is black plastic so its not see-through, would that still be ok?

are there any reviews of buyairsoft.ca?
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Frequently Asked Questions