Echigoya website

:

General

Old March 15th, 2015, 20:52   #1
RagingBeaver

Send a message via MSN to RagingBeaver
Echigoya website

Hi fellow airsofters,

Can someone enlighten me to why is the above mentioned website always referenced on these forums? Does someone in Canada have access to their inventory/import of their goods?

If so, please contact me, I would like to place some orders.

Thanks all
RagingBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2015, 20:56   #2
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

there used to be a guy that worked there who spoke english and dealt with international orders and modding guns for export, echigoya I think is the only licensed dealer in japan that can mod guns to higher than 1J.

I don't think that guy works there anymore as I've tried to contact them on a number of occasions without any reply.
Old March 15th, 2015, 21:08   #3
RagingBeaver

Send a message via MSN to RagingBeaver
but the main question is can we even order with them? If they can only respond to japanese, i have no problems with that either.

Million dollar question: If i order full GBB or AEG from them, can they send it into Canada.
RagingBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2015, 22:46   #4
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

if it can be proven to shoot over 366, as far as I know, yes. It has been done.
Old March 16th, 2015, 18:18   #5
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

Echigoya? Never heard of them.
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2015, 22:09   #6
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
No one really mentions them here. Not sure what you're talking about.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2015, 22:35   #7
Kingsix

Echigoya is a Japanese based Airsoft retailer. They have recently opened a new branch store in California USA.

The Answer to your million dollar question is No.

Unless you upgrade the AEG or GBBP/GBBR in question to fire 366 fps with 0.2 gram BBs, the gun you are trying to import will be seized and sent back to sender or destroyed.

If your gun isn't declared properly and is not listed on the Fireams reference table maintained by the RCMP the gun will be taken in for further testing. CSBA can take from as little as 1 or 2 Weeks to 1-2 Years, Although the average time for testing is around 2 months.

Importing the gun into Canada means you truthfully declare the gun is firing up to speed, the intended market of the product and a short blurb about the importation regulations.

CSBA may still chose to seize it and submit the gun in question to more testing.

Any other way of trying to pass it off as something else is considered smuggling.

Sources* Me and My Team have imported BE Type 89s into the country. One gun got through only held for about 2 weeks, but customs damaged the hopup unit.

Second gun was held for 2 months and released with alot of scratch marks.

Third gun was held for 2 months and the box was never opened

Fourth gun was lost by CSBA

Morale of the story you can avoid alot of headache buying from Retailers in country. Buying outside isn't much cheaper and isn't worth it unless you are importing a rare gun.

CSBA releases guns when the rack is full

Just my 2 cents.
Old March 17th, 2015, 23:30   #8
Aquamarine
PanSexual

Send a message via MSN to Aquamarine Send a message via Yahoo to Aquamarine Send a message via Skype™ to Aquamarine
This is maybe the fourth time since I joined ASC that I've seen Echigoya even mentioned. Where are you seeing all these posts about it?

I know that they do make custom reinforced mechboxes and other such parts under their own brand name, even got to see them producing them as one-offs. Hadn't heard that they were importing guns here to Canada though. I know their old defunct website ran by a guy by the name of Shane from Hawaii is now long gone and their current English page is sometimes-on-sometimes-off.
Old March 17th, 2015, 23:42   #9
beta678
ASC's navel of the year!

Send a message via MSN to beta678
IIRC, Echigoya's interest in expanding to the US market came to light either at this year's Shot Show or Shot Show related media (think it may have been an Evike coverage video... but I could be mistaken). Though I heard they were still looking into opening a US based store/warehouse, not sure if they already did.

There's really no point in trying to import any airsoft guns directly from Japan as their legal fps limit which I think are dictated by their Firearm and Sword Possession Control Law, is no where close to anything we can legally import anyways.

On the bright side, hopefully this means easier access to some rare and hard to find Japanese produced gear... there's a good number of awesome soft goods like a viper hood and a desert night camo jacket I'd love to get my hands on.

Last edited by beta678; March 17th, 2015 at 23:49..
beta678 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General