Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Awesome home made China Lake launcher

:

Vietnam

Old December 9th, 2011, 17:58   #16
Drake
E-01

Awesome build, not sure how keen I'd be to eject $60+ shells like that though, specially in the woods.
Old December 9th, 2011, 18:10   #17
Sequential

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Awesome build, not sure how keen I'd be to eject $60+ shells like that though, specially in the woods.
Could always buy a pouch to catch them, like them shotguns :tup:
Old December 9th, 2011, 19:19   #18
Pinard
formerly Contractor 6-8, CptPinard17eRAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
you're not forced to make it ''ejecting'' all the way... you can load them one by one aka: put a round in the chamber, fire, cock so you can remove the shell and put a new one.

just sayin..
Old December 9th, 2011, 19:32   #19
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Cool build, would be interesting to see the durability of it over time though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinard View Post
you're not forced to make it ''ejecting'' all the way... you can load them one by one aka: put a round in the chamber, fire, cock so you can remove the shell and put a new one.

just sayin..
at that point you might as well just buy a standalone launcher.
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2011, 19:41   #20
Pinard

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.T.Z View Post
Cool build, would be interesting to see the durability of it over time though

at that point you might as well just buy a standalone launcher.
true... but you wouldn't have the fucking bad ass look of a china lake!

you can build the same as him and work it both ways

or

you can build the same externals with a simple internal system
(cock it, that opens the ejection port so you can put a round in, fire, cock to open ejection port, grap the round, go to step one.
Old December 9th, 2011, 20:19   #21
MultipleParadox

@reckless

While the though of using a real m870 crossed my mind,
I asked myself this question: what if another player would come with a real steel shotgun on the field? How would I feel about this, standing on the business end of a real shotgun, even if the player certified me he's using those Madbull shells? Answer: not comfortable at all. And I'm sure most would say the same. Even with the insignificant risk of having a real shell slipping in there, it's there;

So, for that main reason I'd rather build one; I have to say that the thrill and feeling of accomplishement is a good point as well.

GBBR- bang bang -- Giggle

AEG-- merrrzip merrzip -- meh
MultipleParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2011, 01:45   #22
Reckless

Quote:
Originally Posted by MultipleParadox View Post
@reckless

While the though of using a real m870 crossed my mind,
I asked myself this question: what if another player would come with a real steel shotgun on the field? How would I feel about this, standing on the business end of a real shotgun, even if the player certified me he's using those Madbull shells? Answer: not comfortable at all. And I'm sure most would say the same. Even with the insignificant risk of having a real shell slipping in there, it's there;

So, for that main reason I'd rather build one; I have to say that the thrill and feeling of accomplishement is a good point as well.
I understand, trust me I understand LOL .. the point being that the real one would be literally modified to airsoft only.. the madbull SS6 shells are smaller then a standard 12gauge shell, and the hammer modified to fire the madbull shell is flat it's not a pin anymore... in essence.. all the real shells can TRY and fit all they want, they won't fit and they won't fire... basically it's a All metal Tanaka at that point.. for like Half the cost if not less LOL (for all intensive purposes, the Tanaka is a plastic M870 and can even use alot of the RS M870's internals)

but anyways... this is china lake, not ejector shotgun

as for loosing 40mm.. I'd rather look for a 40mm then a madbull shell LOL for being all shiney brass... they hide well!

anyone have any ideas on my initial thought of how to stop one 40mm behind another from setting it up while they are pressed together inside the ammo tube?

Quote:
"SIR!, you've gone mad with power!"
"Ofcourse I have, you ever gone mad without power, it's useless, no one pays any attention"
The Cavalry Comes
Reckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2011, 07:28   #23
Pinard

maybe the shells are flat enough to not push the button of the other shell in front.

just my guess :P
Old December 10th, 2011, 11:34   #24
Disco_Dante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
I understand, trust me I understand LOL .. the point being that the real one would be literally modified to airsoft only.. the madbull SS6 shells are smaller then a standard 12gauge shell, and the hammer modified to fire the madbull shell is flat it's not a pin anymore... in essence.. all the real shells can TRY and fit all they want, they won't fit and they won't fire... basically it's a All metal Tanaka at that point.. for like Half the cost if not less LOL (for all intensive purposes, the Tanaka is a plastic M870 and can even use alot of the RS M870's internals)

but anyways... this is china lake, not ejector shotgun

as for loosing 40mm.. I'd rather look for a 40mm then a madbull shell LOL for being all shiney brass... they hide well!

anyone have any ideas on my initial thought of how to stop one 40mm behind another from setting it up while they are pressed together inside the ammo tube?
You could glue a rubber O ring to the tip of each shell, if the diameter is wider than the little pressure plate that gets struck it will prevent contact.

Or you could use the shells that you stuff with wadding, the madbull xmpb4s, they have a really broad front that shouldn't strike the little button on the back of the shell.

Not for glory, nor riches, nor honours, but for freedom alone, which no good man gives up except with his life.

Last edited by Disco_Dante; December 10th, 2011 at 11:38..
Disco_Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2011, 12:24   #25
DarkAngel
* Age Verifier status suspended *

Send a message via MSN to DarkAngel
Modified for airsoft or not. You are not ever bringing a real shotgun onto our fields.

No If Ands or Buts. I have a very good feeling that Most of the people here feel the same. I think MP's gut instinct is working. Stick with it.

Hes a little slow on the grenade draw, but the project looks fucking awesome. Also kinda looks like a single barreled Genai Launcher from atlantis.

Id buy this and get a shell catcher, but Id want it out of steel and wood as falling on it, would probobly cause the pvc components to crack at the joint between the stock and the launcher (Wood is harder than pvc obviously)

Certified Sniper Clinic Instructor and Counter Sniper
Sentinel Arms Customs - Specializing In Unique, One of a kind guns
DarkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Vietnam