Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Swiss Arms Sig 552 AEG

:

Newbie Tank

Old April 12th, 2009, 13:36   #1
xtylertyx

Swiss Arms Sig 552 AEG

Is it a re-branded JG 552?

Last edited by xtylertyx; April 12th, 2009 at 13:38..
xtylertyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2009, 13:39   #2
bpbcc1

I'm quite sure it is a JG Mfr under Lic from Swiss Arms. I have two of them. Quite good out of the box and very robust being non metal. Only problem is the stutter on single fire which is a defect of the version 2 mechbox. Great value for the price.
bpbcc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2009, 13:54   #3
Conscript
AKaholic

Sig 552's have Version 3 mechboxes bpbcc1
Conscript is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2009, 14:08   #4
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
And what do you mean by "stuttering"?

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2009, 15:12   #5
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpbcc1 View Post
Only problem is the stutter on single fire which is a defect of the version 2 mechbox. Great value for the price.
Sounds more like a piss poor wiring or shim job to me.. considering the version 3 mechbox is very robust and reliable.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2009, 19:42   #6
EDWARD I. MAIDEN

Location: THIRD ROCK FROM THE SUN..FOR NOW..TILL' MY RIDE SHOW'S UP...
My Swiss arms SIG552 say's CYBERGUN on the side.. imbedded in the plastic receiver..huh..never even noticed till' now..freakin' CYBERGUN is everywhere..lol..
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea,for the Devil sends the Beast with wrath,because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the Beast for it is a human number, its number is Six Hundred and Sixty-six."(Revelations Ch.x111 v18)
EDWARD I. MAIDEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2009, 20:49   #7
Buzzrexx

I bought this one back in the fall. Yes, it's Cybergun crap, but some guys seem to have good performance out of the box. But it's a true clone- 100% TM compatible.

Gamed it once (albeit in subzero temp) and the piston head blew apart.

around $200-odd later:

-DeepFire titanium tooth piston
-Modify aluminum piston head
-Modify aluminum cylinder head
-Sorbo Pad
-Prometheus M100 spring
-Modify air seal nozzle
-Shim kit
-Modify double-groove stainless bushings
-new Hop up rubber & bucking
-Madbull tightbore barrel
-11V Lipo battery

OK now, after all that, I know my way around a V3 mechbox pretty good, and I've got a really good performing machine. Nice and quiet, precise, and quick on the ROF. Not the way I'd recommend for everyone else to go, but it worked for me.
Buzzrexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2009, 21:09   #8
EDWARD I. MAIDEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzrexx View Post
I bought this one back in the fall. Yes, it's Cybergun crap, but some guys seem to have good performance out of the box. But it's a true clone- 100% TM compatible.

Gamed it once (albeit in subzero temp) and the piston head blew apart.

around $200-odd later:

-DeepFire titanium tooth piston
-Modify aluminum piston head
-Modify aluminum cylinder head
-Sorbo Pad
-Prometheus M100 spring
-Modify air seal nozzle
-Shim kit
-Modify double-groove stainless bushings
-new Hop up rubber & bucking
-Madbull tightbore barrel
-11V Lipo battery

OK now, after all that, I know my way around a V3 mechbox pretty good, and I've got a really good performing machine. Nice and quiet, precise, and quick on the ROF. Not the way I'd recommend for everyone else to go, but it worked for me.
WOW!!..sounds like you went all out..about the gun being quieter..very cool ..I'd be lost if I opened her up but after hearing all of what you've done it sounds very tempting..and mine also performs very well right out of the box too..I know it's not brain surgery..soon I will take the oppurtunity to do some open heart surgery on mine..lol..very tempting indeed..
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea,for the Devil sends the Beast with wrath,because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the Beast for it is a human number, its number is Six Hundred and Sixty-six."(Revelations Ch.x111 v18)
Old April 12th, 2009, 21:11   #9
Crunchmeister

Just check out www.mechbox.com. Not sure if they have a SIG-specific video, but they do have vid on getting into a V3 mechbox. That site is what got me working on my V2s. It's very, very helpful.
Old April 12th, 2009, 21:35   #10
EDWARD I. MAIDEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
Just check out www.mechbox.com. Not sure if they have a SIG-specific video, but they do have vid on getting into a V3 mechbox. That site is what got me working on my V2s. It's very, very helpful.
Let me just say this right off ..Crunchmeister is beyond helpful when it comes to positive input and AEG knowledge..always more than willing to go above and beyond for anyone who needs assistance.. once again thanks for your knowledge and experience that you share among us all and all your researchable input too..extremely useful to me ever since I signed on here at ASC..a really big CHEERS to you man..EDWARD has spoken..MUAH HA HA HA..peace..
Old April 13th, 2009, 09:03   #11
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDWARD I. MAIDEN View Post
Let me just say this right off ..Crunchmeister is beyond helpful when it comes to positive input and AEG knowledge..always more than willing to go above and beyond for anyone who needs assistance.. once again thanks for your knowledge and experience that you share among us all and all your researchable input too..extremely useful to me ever since I signed on here at ASC..a really big CHEERS to you man..EDWARD has spoken..MUAH HA HA HA..peace..
+1, I approve!
Old April 13th, 2009, 09:40   #12
bpbcc1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conscript View Post
Sig 552's have Version 3 mechboxes bpbcc1
Thanks for the correction. I'm not that into the mech side of things but I've had the same problems with other V2, the stutter (bad choice of words perhaps) when it stops working on single fire and you have to switch to full auto to get things working again. I was once informed that was a common V2 problem. I guess it could be any version problem.
bpbcc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank