Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Crosman Stinger Shotgun for CQB

:

Newbie Tank

Old April 12th, 2009, 16:15   #1
L473ncy

Crosman Stinger Shotgun for CQB

Hey everyone. I looked up some reviews on the Crosman stinger and they seem like awesome guns. I mean at $120 you can't really go wrong and since it's a TM clone I can get replacement parts easily.

I have a few questions though.

From reading the other thread it seems like the pump action on the shotgun is really tough and will give your arm a nice workout. Is there any way to make it not so hard to pump? Some sort of spring that I can change or sanding something down a bit?

I'll be using this for CQB so it seems like my kind of gun but can I expect a reasonable spread on it when I fire? This will be a CQB gun so it's not like I'm trying to snipe someone from 100 ft down a field. Should I "salt and pepper" my BB's with .20's .25's .28's and maybe a few seamless .12's (if I can find them)?

I have a quote of the shotgun is shooting at 360 FPS I'm not sure if that's with .12's or .20's but assuming it's 360 with .20's what spring should I change to to get it to CQB limits. I think I'm going to want to stay safe and get it to 320-330 with .20's so that I can play at any indoor field. I'm assuming something like an M90, S90 or M100 spring should do the trick?
Old April 12th, 2009, 16:42   #2
Erennert
A minor, using dad's ID

I'm pretty sure it's 360 with .12's. I mean it's crosman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
I'm a sniper.

Because I'm fat and can't run fast.
Erennert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2009, 16:49   #3
lemegacool

the gun is no way shooting 360 i tried chronying mine with only 1 bb at a time and came to approx 290fps!, inside there is two springs twisted together and there are special springs not standard aeg springs, also these shotgun are a pain in the ass to dissasemble!!! and it's not that hard to pump...

member of fire team NOM. my other regular forum: www.toyotanation.com / gen3,gen4 camry
lemegacool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2009, 17:03   #4
L473ncy

So I should be safe with buying it, painting, and fielding it at an indoor field then?

Awesome... I guess this thread is done. I don't know why I was worrying about it anyways.

This is supposed to be a TM clone though right? So it should be using TM compatible and TM standard parts but I guess I'll have to wait and see. It's like $120 anyways so not a big deal if it sucks cause I'll use it for plinking and run with something better for CQB (can't use my outdoor gun cause that's running at approx. 360-380).

/thread
Old April 12th, 2009, 17:16   #5
lemegacool

yeah part seemed to be like the tm m3 also you can interchange the stocks

member of fire team NOM. my other regular forum: www.toyotanation.com / gen3,gen4 camry
lemegacool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2009, 17:42   #6
NoGear
likes being humiliated

get 0.16 bbs there perfect for the gun and its effective range with .2's is about 1-65ft
66-80 max range
NoGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2009, 18:08   #7
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGear View Post
get 0.16 bbs there perfect for the gun and its effective range with .2's is about 1-65ft
66-80 max range
0.16 BB's exist?

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2009, 18:11   #8
Erennert
A minor, using dad's ID

Was going to ask the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
I'm a sniper.

Because I'm fat and can't run fast.
Erennert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2009, 18:35   #9
NoGear
likes being humiliated

yes they do actualy im trying to find the site right now
Old April 12th, 2009, 18:36   #10
NoGear
likes being humiliated

http://capitalairsoft.ca/store/index...roducts_id=312

here you go hope this helps cheers
Old April 12th, 2009, 19:08   #11
EDWARD I. MAIDEN

Location: THIRD ROCK FROM THE SUN..FOR NOW..TILL' MY RIDE SHOW'S UP...
Sorry guy's..they are sold out cause I just got the only one that came in..but I'm sure there will be more, just keep checking that site... .16gr. 5000 shot bottle..very curious to see how they perform..when my order come's to my door..peace..EDWARD..
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea,for the Devil sends the Beast with wrath,because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the Beast for it is a human number, its number is Six Hundred and Sixty-six."(Revelations Ch.x111 v18)
EDWARD I. MAIDEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2009, 19:22   #12
Crunchmeister

Actually, the best for a multi-shot shotgun for CQB is to mix BB weights. Use .12 (good quality) .2, .25, .28, etc. Mix them randomly in your speed loader, and load your shells. The hopup is fixes and set for .2, so different weight BBs will have different backspin and will give a better spread. It's much more realistic in terms of spread than you can get using the same BB weights.
Old April 12th, 2009, 19:29   #13
EDWARD I. MAIDEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
Actually, the best for a multi-shot shotgun for CQB is to mix BB weights. Use .12 (good quality) .2, .25, .28, etc. Mix them randomly in your speed loader, and load your shells. The hopup is fixes and set for .2, so different weight BBs will have different backspin and will give a better spread. It's much more realistic in terms of spread than you can get using the same BB weights.
Good sound advice Crunchmeister..as always,..will do when shipment arrive's.. curious to see result out my kitchen door into the back 90..lol..
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea,for the Devil sends the Beast with wrath,because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the Beast for it is a human number, its number is Six Hundred and Sixty-six."(Revelations Ch.x111 v18)
Old April 12th, 2009, 19:34   #14
Crunchmeister

Roughneck told me that trick last fall when talking about his TM M3 shotty. When I got my DE M3, I decided to try it out. At 20 feet, I got about a 3-4" spread with all the same weight (mine has a feed issue and double feeds, so 6 BBs at once). With mixed weights, I was getting about a 12" spread at the same distance. That's much more effective for CQB I'd think. The spread would probably be less with a shotty that's feeding normally, but still wider than using all the same weight.
Old April 12th, 2009, 19:39   #15
EDWARD I. MAIDEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
Roughneck told me that trick last fall when talking about his TM M3 shotty. When I got my DE M3, I decided to try it out. At 20 feet, I got about a 3-4" spread with all the same weight (mine has a feed issue and double feeds, so 6 BBs at once). With mixed weights, I was getting about a 12" spread at the same distance. That's much more effective for CQB I'd think. The spread would probably be less with a shotty that's feeding normally, but still wider than using all the same weight.
Quite a differance I'd say..from 3-4" to 12"..very effective I'm sure..can't wait to give that idea a go in battle..I'll finally hit someone..lol..
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank