-- $500 and worth every penny!
4) New/Used?
-- Brand new
5) Mechanical Problems
-- None so far.
6) Esthetic Problems
-- None.
7) Rounds Fired Between Failures
-- No failures with 2000rnds fired so far.
8) Changes to Internals
-- Bone Stock. LiPo battery ready! re-inforced gearbox bore-up cyl. 120 spring metal bushings all factory!, Oiled with silicone oil.
9) Resale Date and Value
-- This AEG will never be for sale!

Gun was bought at from Mopic. Works so well that I will never sell it...Read the reviews...with a 14v LiPo battery...nearly 30bbs per second!!!
G.I. Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2008, 03:21   #272
Uzi9mm

1) Make and Model
-- B&T MP5 A5, Classic Army
2) Date Purchased
-- 2006-2007 (I don't remember exactly)
3) Cost
-- $700
4) New/Used?
-- Brand New
5) Mechanical Problems
-- Semi-auto stopped working (2007)
-- Cocking lever broke but still work (2007)
-- Worn pinion gear (2008)
-- Other gearbox issues (2008)
6) Esthetic Problems
-- None
7) Rounds Fired Between Failures
-- 4000 (Semi-auto and cocking lever - 2007)
-- 10000 (pinion and gearbox - 2008)
8) Changes to Internals
-- No internal changes (still does not work)
-- External changes : Tactical flash-light, mount base + dot scope
9) Resale Date and Value
-- N/A

Primary : CA MP5A5.
Secondary : KJW Beretta M9.

Last edited by Uzi9mm; May 22nd, 2008 at 03:26..
Uzi9mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2008, 20:09   #273
ackme

Send a message via Skype™ to ackme
GJ G36c, GJ AUG, TM M92

G36c
----------------------------------------
1) Manufacturer
- Jin-Gong
2) Date Obtained
- December 2007
3) Initial Cost
- $150
4) New or Used
- New
5) Mechanical Problems
- None
6) Esthetic Problems
- None
7) Rounds fired between failures
- N/A (20,000+ and going strong)
8) Changes to Internals and Externals
- Systema 6.03 Barrel, Dot Sight, 9.6v battery(intenal)
9) Resale Date and Value if applicable.
- N/A
10)Notes and Comments
-Excellent gun and no problems whatsoever. Battery lasts for a long time and performs very well. Wouldn't reccomend changing the barrel like I did as it made very little difference. A small type 9.6V battery fits fine and increases the ROF quite a bit, also gives you an extra battery.

Steyr AUG
1) Manufacturer
- Jin-Gong
2) Date Obtained
- February 2008
3) Initial Cost
- $140
4) New or Used
- New
5) Mechanical Problems
- The knob for releasing the barrel fell out during a game, can still get it off though.
6) Esthetic Problems
- None
- N/A (8,000+ and going strong)
- Dot Sight
-N/A
10)Notes and Comments
-Great range and power for the price. Outperforms guns of over 4x the price. I would highly reccomend this gun in every way.

Beretta M92 Stainless
1) Manufacturer
- Tokyo Marui
2) Date Obtained
- April 2008
3) Initial Cost
- $100
4) New or Used
- Used
5) Mechanical Problems
- None
6) Esthetic Problems
- None
- N/A (500+ and going strong)
- None
-N/A
10)Notes and Comments
- Good sidearm but too plasticy. Easy to scratch as well. You can get a full metal for about the same price. DON'T USE GREEN GAS! Someone on our team tried on another gun and blew the slide off.
Old June 11th, 2008, 22:11   #274
Lizander
Banned

1) Manufacturer, Model Name
Remington,Wingmaster (had a pistol grip)
2) Date Obtained
spring of 2007
3) Initial Cost
30$
4) New or Used
Brand spanking new
5) Mechanical Problems (Gearbox issues, hopup issues.. basically functional performance related)
None.
6) Esthetic Problems (Paint damage, cracks in body, loose parts.. physical construction related)
metal tube holding cocking handel broke off plastic mount

7) Rounds fired between failures (think how many bags of BB's used before it failed)
at least 20,000, could have lasted longer, but I was pretty rough with it. (only 30$ clearsoft)
8) Changes to Internals (upgrades, dates)
none it had good fps, accuracy, range. I didn't think it was worth upgrading. (I don't think there are any upgrades)
not selling, just hot-glued the tube on again
Lizander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2008, 20:21   #275
MillerBRo

1) Manufacturer, Model Name (name of weapon on box, and weapon replicated if different from model name)
-Crosman, SAP R72 clear, 'Pulse R72', (G3 SAS clone)
2) Date Obtained
-April 2008
3) Initial Cost
-$145CAD shipped to my door from Winnipeg Outfitters
4) New or Used
-New
5) Mechanical Problems (Gearbox issues, hopup issues.. basically functional performance related -- supply date of issue)
-The only thing of note was that when I lent the gun out someone spun the selector switch the wrong way and popped the selector free from the plate so the selector plate was offset- it was a 5 minute fix.
-Update August 2008- new JG G3A3 mechbox motor and large battery
6) Esthetic Problems (Paint damage, cracks in body, loose parts.. physical construction related -- supply date of issue)
-Clear plastic looks terrible, the Ver 2 mechbox is plastic and so are the gears so proper LPEG care is a must
7) Rounds fired between failures (think how many bags of BB's used before it failed. If no failure, list rounds fired up to this point)
-20,000 / (updated mechbox - 10k)
8) Changes to Internals and Externals (upgrades, mods, dates)
-it will now have a new 110 spring, Hi torq EG700 equivalent motor, G3 Version 2 Mechbox, 9.6V large battery stock conversion, metal 500 round hi-cap mags
-keeping it as a loaner
10)Notes and Comments (Optional)
-I purchased this as a learning platform so that when I had issues with a pro gun I could be confident in fixing them. Surprisingly the stock gun has held up very well and in the local CQB field it is plenty effective. In the wooded field it suffers at range and the fps is such that people can Matrix your shots unless you fire before they see you (note Crosman, with their typical BS says it fires up to 275fps- it does fire at 275fps but with .12s and 220 with .2s. If you are of a mind to take a subpar gun and upgrade it as a learning process then I would recommend other guns as better places to start learning as they are better out of the box (Aftermath, Crosman, Firepower)- basically get the R72 if you are a G3 SAS fan but dont expect much from it until you upgrade.

*upgrade edit:

***I put in a Jing Gong G3A3 (2008) Mechbox and motor, rewired with the battery in the stock for a 9.6v large. It fires at about 320fps now and seems to work fine. I removed the side rails and put in rivets to cover the holes- it is now an nice easy grasp though not exactly handsized much like a proper G3. I did get 3 JG G3 hi-caps metal mags. These are shit in mag form. The first had, no shit, glued on gears and I suspect it was used and sold as 'New'. I repinned those gears and after about 600 BB's the spring snapped. I got a second JG hicap and even though I only ever wound it ten times at a go the spring broke in that after 200 BB's. My third G3 mag had its gears pinned in weakly and those fell out so I repinned them. I only wind it about 5 times now. In contrast my Crosman G3 mag has now had close to 16K .2 BB's go through it and about 1K .12s. It works to this day and I often wind it twenty times or so and it feeds me 30-35 BBs at that rate. I will likely give a TM Hi-cap a try, thoug to be honest I first looked for more Crosman mags (alas they are discountinued)

****edit- will not take the Aftermath MP5 stock

Last edited by MillerBRo; August 28th, 2008 at 00:25.. Reason: upgrade and performance
MillerBRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2008, 12:55   #276
Houston
Banned

A few of the hyper links in the second post don't match to the review of the said gun.
Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2008, 12:36   #277
GundamGPO3

Send a message via MSN to GundamGPO3
- TM SiG552 Commando
2) Date Obtained
- Summer 2006
3) Initial Cost
- about $460 USD (This included battery, 2 additional mags, charger, BBs, and sight rail.)
4) New or Used
- Brand New
5) Mechanical Problems
- Approximately 3-4 weeks after purchase, BB's started jamming. Simply fixed with some lubrication. (Factory lube isn't the best...do it yourself.)
6) Aesthetic Problems
- Last year in the summer, I was closing my stock (folding it to the side) and the clip inside the stock broke open connection with the fore grip.
-Well I only fired a couple thousand before the 1st failure, but ever since I lubed it myself, I've fire hundreds of thousands of rounds since then with no problems at all.
- Last summer, I changed my hop-up rubber, re-wired it, and allowed it to accept 2 batteries. I have a 9.6v hidden inside the stock with wiring running along the inside top of the receiver all the way forward into the fore grip where an additional battery can still be stored, or connected at the same time.
- Don't plan on selling this one...SiG rifles are my babies
10)Notes and Comments (Optional)
- I won't lie, I am proud of my SiG, but if you plan on purchasing this rifle, expect it to be on the weaker side right out of the box. the rate of fire is great with a 9.6v. It's also been a few years, and the fore grip plastic is becoming creaky now. Still looking for a fix on that issue. But that about raps it up for the 552.
Old July 3rd, 2008, 14:17   #278
Ktown Militia

1) Manufacturer:Tokyo Marui 7.62-mm Avtomat Kalashnnikova AK-47 with Hop-Up

2) Date Obtained: Feb 2008

3) Initial Cost: $550.00
-
4) New or Used: Brand spankin new
-
5) Mechanical Problems:N/A (Worked great out of box)

6) Esthetic Problems : Good clean look, faux wood is alright easy to change to real wood tho

7) Rounds fired between failures: N/A

8) Changes to Internals and Externals: Tacticool handguards, pistol grip and stock, holographic 4 reticle red dot scope, Mad Bull 6.03 tightbore inner barrel, PPA 110 Upgrade spring, Deep fire shims and bushing, Systema Bearing piston head, Systema cylinder head, Modify bearing spring guide, Modify air seal nozzle, Guarder hop up rubber and bucking ruber, King arms gear sector clip

9) Resale Date and Value if applicable: N/A

10)Notes and Comments : First gun I bought, good for starters, lots of upgrade options, extremely happy with purchase. After upgrades, it shoots roughly 410 fps with .20 and is extremely accurate.

Last edited by Ktown Militia; October 23rd, 2008 at 18:59..
Ktown Militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2008, 18:45   #279
MillerBRo

1) Manufacturer, Model Name (name of weapon on box, and weapon replicated if different from model name)
-Crosman, SAPR76CB, Pulse R76 (AK-74U clone)
2) Date Obtained
-June 2008, from CROSS COUNTRY PARTS CALGARY
3) Initial Cost
-$126CAD
4) New or Used
-New
5) Mechanical Problems (Gearbox issues, hopup issues.. basically functional performance related -- supply date of issue)
-none
6) Esthetic Problems (Paint damage, cracks in body, loose parts.. physical construction related -- supply date of issue)
-clear plastic, tiny 3mm long hairline crack near grip,
7) Rounds fired between failures (think how many bags of BB's used before it failed. If no failure, list rounds fired up to this point)
- 20,000+ without failure
-none though it looks to be nearly 100% compatible
-n/a
10)Notes and Comments (Optional) The clear parts are the main receiver and the front of the muzzle and painted up easily enough- this particular design is about 50% metal otherwise. It came in a box (not clamshell) packed with styrofoam much like a proper AEG should. The stock is a fold out design and though it is somewhat lightweight it seems sturdy enough. Had a chance to compare it to the two TM AK Betas at the last game and it performs just as well as those (stock) guns. The top tri rail can be removed from the metal for those who dont like AKs with rails. The high cap that comes with it holds around 375 BBs. It fires a .2 BB at around 310 fps and a .12BB at around 370fps.

edit- I have since purchased 2 JG 600 round Hicaps and love them. The springs in these seem to be strong as each mag has fired over 5K BBs through them and I often wound them 30 times each (my JG G3 Hi-caps often break after 15 winds so avoid THOSE)

Last edited by MillerBRo; September 11th, 2008 at 17:05.. Reason: edit performance and compatibility update
Old July 28th, 2008, 00:02   #280
Sgt. Irvine

Send a message via MSN to Sgt. Irvine
1) Manufacturer, Model Name - Tm mp5 a4 (HG)
2) Date Obtained - summer 2006
3) Initial Cost $550
4) New or Used -New

5) Mechanical Problems (Gearbox issues, hopup issues.. basically functional performance related)- bushings burnt out, motor burnt out, gears striped, after game 3

6) Esthetic Problems (Paint damage, cracks in body, loose parts.. physical construction related) - NA

7) Rounds fired between failures (think how many bags of BB's used before it failed) -11250 rd

8) Changes to Internals (upgrades, dates) - eg1000, and all internals switched to guarder, (spring 2007)
Sgt. Irvine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2008, 00:13   #281
KNIVEZS

1) Manufacturer:Kraken aftermath ak-47
2) Date Obtained: dec.2007

3) Initial Cost: $180.00
-
4) New or Used: Brand spankin new
-
5) Mechanical Problems: alot

6) Esthetic Problems : clear plastic body, made of cheap plastic, twisted barrel,

7) Rounds fired between failures: 15000

8) Changes to Internals and Externals: painted black, internal N/A

9) Resale Date and Value if applicable: feb 2008 $100.00

10)Notes and Comments : First gun I bought, not a good gun failed after -15000 rounds shot over 3month period, only good for upgrade platform

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven
Tip of the day: When removing a chain of anal beads from your lovers rectum. Do not pull them out as if you were attempting to start a lawn mower.

sexy time
KNIVEZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2008, 00:07   #282
BHONG

- Crosman Pulse R72

2) Date Obtained
- June 2008, From sirmailorder

3) Initial Cost

4) New or Used
- Brand new

5) Mechanical Problems
- None

6) Esthetic Problems

- None

- None - It sometimes jams on semi, just a flick to auto and it's it good.

8 )Changes to Internals and Externals
- Tactical foregrip

If I would resale this I would say 90 dollars, it still is pretty new.

10)Notes and Comments
- Suprised me, Out of the box it was great, accurate and packs a punch.
Old August 15th, 2008, 22:29   #283
MillerBRo

Mp5 Aftermath Lycaon

-Aftermath/Cyma, Lycaon, Mp 5
2) Date Obtained
-May 2008
3) Initial Cost
-$172CAD shipped
4) New or Used
-New
-Coughed out 1 BB then died. Opened the mechbox with the help of a local gun tech and found that the sear had snapped and gotten into the gears. Gears were in need of shim and were VERY lose. Shimmed gears and gun would fire on full auto (no sear) but would slowly stop firing. Checked and found that the fuse was unshielded. Used and extra fuse chamber and the gun now fires.
-the 'metal' for the stock is actually 'faux' metal. It looks like a real metal and has the weight of a real metal but has the properties of a plastic- it snaps if you are not careful with it.
- 1 single BB
-none though it looks to be nearly 100% compatible with other MP5s
-n/a
10)Notes and Comments (Optional)- Although the cheaper clones are attractive new guns they are almost exclusively for people who want to learn how to fix a gun. In fact I would suggest that the first thing you do with any Cyma or Jing Gong is open it up and make sure it wasnt 'made on a friday'

**edit - will not easily take the Crosman R72 MP5 full stock, very tight fit

Last edited by MillerBRo; August 28th, 2008 at 00:28..
Old August 16th, 2008, 11:50   #284
Azathoth

1) Manufacturer:Tokyo Marui M4S

2) Date Obtained:
Jan 2008

3) Initial Cost: $2300 HKD ~280CDN Shipped

4) New or Used: New

5) Mechanical Problems:
None

6) Esthetic Problems :
None

7) Rounds fired between failures:
zero Failures

Changes to Internals and Externals:
G&P metal body kit, Hurricane adaptor set for M4S, G&P Crane Systema M120 Mechbox drag and drop. Black SYSTEMA piston stripped after (~1500rds) 2nd game, replaced with deep fire piston. Currently at ~9000rds total life

Stock gun rebuilt from spare parts after upgrade. Stock Mechbox ~ 6000 rds.

9) Resale Date and Value if applicable:
N/A

10)Notes and Comments :
Bought the gun before I was aware of import laws. Stock M4S is heavy, Metal gun is a TANK Very heavy. Avoid G&P Metal body if you are upgrading M4S (unless you have a small shop to work in) to fit the standard Delta Ring Metal body required rethreading. Purchased Madbull professional grade rethreading tool, took nearly 6 hours to recut the body using 8 inch bolts, a vice to hold the body, and cutting lubricant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
it would appear I am not first up in this gang-bang
---
WANTED PTW Receiver PRIME, STG, Factory
Azathoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2008, 18:32   #285
Batchokookies

Classic Army MP5 SD5

2) Date Obtained
July 2008

3) Initial Cost
$230

4) New or Used
Brand New

5) Mechanical Problems
selector switch has a very hard time staying on safety, gearbox is a very tight fit, flap on hi-cap mag chipped

6) Esthetic Problems
pegs that hold the foregrip on have gotten really loose, the rubber rings that they go into got shredded. Stock wobbles a bit. Paint chips easy. Cocking handle doesn't seem too sturdy.

1000 and doing fine.

8 )Changes to Internals and Externals
None right now.

if i did sell this gun, i'd say about $230

10)Notes and Comments
I bought it along with a WA M92FS in Spokane Washington and brought it up to alberta, i don't know what people mean by border problems... Oh the rate of fire is pretty decent, and the silencer comes off really easy. The only reason I got the CA and not the ICS is because I didn't read the box after I had walked out of precision airsoft haha. Gun is about 7-8/10.
Batchokookies is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion