Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Haven't played in years, I feel lost-ontario

:

General

Old October 31st, 2019, 10:50   #16
e-luder

It’s been a hot minute since i checked in with anything airsoft.
Is CAPS still a thing?

Also...
Where dem custom gun pr0ns at these days?
Dont see too many of those threads here anymore.
My, how times have changed...
Old October 31st, 2019, 10:51   #17
e-luder

i’ve got the itchies for a new pistol.
Dont really even know what’s out there at the moment but i feel like....it’s...my birthday.
Old October 31st, 2019, 14:37   #18
cbcsteve
Nice Guy

There is two fields that specialize in CAPS for the masses in the Greater Toronto Area.

As for pistols. There are actually a lot more accessories and upgrades now. You'll see a new class of players, Speedsofters, who often have really colorful upgrades and accessories. You'll probably see more toque wearing, HPA powered, dye mask players out there now than Mil-sim.

Not a bad thing really since there are more colorful targets to shoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-luder View Post
Is CAPS still a thing?

Also...

cbcsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2019, 15:57   #19
Rumpel Felt

Send a message via MSN to Rumpel Felt
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcsteve View Post
You are in for quite a surprise. I played back in 2009-10, the days where there were no regular Airsoft venues and most games were invite/ASC only.

Now there are quite a few places around Ontario dedicated to Airsoft. My favourite being Siege Airsoft. You'll also be surprise to see a new class of players, the Speedsofters or SpeedQB players. See video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7TgqtajPno&t=6s Basically a blend of Speedball and Airsoft together. I find there seems to be more SpeedQB teams than Milsim Teams.

Back then all those private ASC games were midcaps only. Now most players carry high caps. Of course there are those who still play with Mid caps but you'll find hi-caps are more common.

Still I have fun either way. You may hear people say "There are so many cheaters nowadays" or "People aren't calling their hits." it's fine, cause us oldies just have to teach them the "Fire for effect." rule in which we continue shooting them until they call it. Then let the refs know too
Oh for fuck sakes I knew it. I was ranting and raving all through the 2000s about hi-caps and figures, all the noobs gravitate to that. It's just sloppy to me. First of all the rattling....Why dec-out with a realistic looking gun just to sound no defferent than a paintball hopper?? But they also encourage spam firing and irresponsible shooting.

What's so hard about using a mid-cap with half the capacity that is spring fed??

Anyway, I haven't played since 2009. I've been wanting to get back into it but alas..it looks like what I expected would happen, happened. I knew it was all downhill once I heard Facebook was involved at all.

I miss those sign-ups exclusively on here for places like the old Flag Raiders in Cambridge.
Rumpel Felt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2019, 21:41   #20

Anyone left from early 2000's ?
Old January 4th, 2020, 10:22   #21
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by e-luder View Post
Is CAPS still a thing?

Also...
Yes dropby Action Air Canada in Missisauga
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2020, 23:23   #22
cbcsteve
Nice Guy

For Indoor fields - Despite the high-caps and higher amount of new players it is not too bad if you go on certain days at certain venues where regulars would play, it can be fun. I go 2 to 3 times a week to Siege Airsoft in Scarborough for the past year and play with a regular group of people.

For IPSC style shooting - Definitely Action Air Canada in Mississauga is a lot of fun. Makes you realize that you probably are not as an accurate shooter as you think :P

Don't forget that the influx of new players means better sales for the local retail stores. The stock and demand has gone up and it is so much easier to get things compared to 2009. (Unless you are buying from Hero Outdoors, call them before purchasing to see if they have stock)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpel Felt View Post
Oh for fuck sakes I knew it. I was ranting and raving all through the 2000s about hi-caps and figures, all the noobs gravitate to that. It's just sloppy to me. First of all the rattling....Why dec-out with a realistic looking gun just to sound no defferent than a paintball hopper?? But they also encourage spam firing and irresponsible shooting.

What's so hard about using a mid-cap with half the capacity that is spring fed??

Anyway, I haven't played since 2009. I've been wanting to get back into it but alas..it looks like what I expected would happen, happened. I knew it was all downhill once I heard Facebook was involved at all.

I miss those sign-ups exclusively on here for places like the old Flag Raiders in Cambridge.

Old January 7th, 2020, 17:30   #23
Rumpel Felt

Send a message via MSN to Rumpel Felt
Quote:
For Indoor fields - Despite the high-caps and higher amount of new players it is not too bad if you go on certain days at certain venues where regulars would play, it can be fun. I go 2 to 3 times a week to Siege Airsoft in Scarborough for the past year and play with a regular group of people.

For IPSC style shooting - Definitely Action Air Canada in Mississauga is a lot of fun. Makes you realize that you probably are not as an accurate shooter as you think :P

Don't forget that the influx of new players means better sales for the local retail stores. The stock and demand has gone up and it is so much easier to get things compared to 2009. (Unless you are buying from Hero Outdoors, call them before purchasing to see if they have stock)
If I could afford to drag my ass to Toronto on the regular, thanks for the suggestions. Good to know.

I've noticed one new local place pop up offering airsoft: this paintballhq.ca. Still have to put up with the shitty paint but if anyone has visited (I know, long shot asking here now) I'd like to know.

Ah well. I accept it in general though. The golden days of the 2000s are gone and sure as shit a big part of it was destroyed in the 2010s by the extreme rise of social media. Good that retailers can get a better foot in though.
Rumpel Felt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2020, 13:20   #24
Juke16

Regarding the declining quality of players, one of the things that turns me off from playing is that it seems like there's always an argument between players every time I go out. Has anyone else noticed this?

On the flipside, everything's a LOT cheaper now.
Juke16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2020, 14:37   #25
cbcsteve
Nice Guy

Yes, I do see that happen. I find it happens more often on weekends since the players are all randoms and don't really know each other. At certain venues - weekends tend to be a mad house of randoms and hot headed rental players.

Better to go on days that have more regulars than randoms. Weekday nights I find are better and arguments happen at a minimum.

I do agree, the good ol' pre-2010 days are gone. I remember playing with a solid group of 20 people back then. Those were the golden days, lots of fun moments and I learned a lot of great tactics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juke16 View Post
Regarding the declining quality of players, one of the things that turns me off from playing is that it seems like there's always an argument between players every time I go out. Has anyone else noticed this?

On the flipside, everything's a LOT cheaper now.

Old January 12th, 2020, 00:54   #26
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
Yes, I do see that happen. I find it happens more often on weekends since the players are all randoms and don't really know each other. At certain venues - weekends tend to be a mad house of randoms and hot headed rental players.

Better to go on days that have more regulars than randoms. Weekday nights I find are better and arguments happen at a minimum.

I do agree, the good ol' pre-2010 days are gone. I remember playing with a solid group of 20 people back then. Those were the golden days, lots of fun moments and I learned a lot of great tactics.
Golden era of airsoft are around 91- 2000 those were the fun days anything after 2001 are getting to the stupid era
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2020, 15:06   #27
BELObeatz

I love that this forum topic was top when I logged back on. I literally just remembered my old password and dropped in for a site visit. It's interesting to read the changes over the years. My last activity was 2013!!! Perhaps the WW3 talk has me intriged to build an A-Tacs Au-X plate carrier loadout and doomsday prep. Plus I got a Fitbit and it tells me to excersize. Running around trying to shot for effect sounds like it's in the cards for 2020.

Hope to see you all out there! Ultimate Airsoft looks like the choice for me.. any red flags with that place nowadays?
BELObeatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2020, 15:38   #28
Conker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard View Post
Golden era of airsoft are around 91- 2000 those were the fun days anything after 2001 are getting to the stupid era
Ah yes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjdP4pQFHoY
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2020, 23:30   #29
cbcsteve
Nice Guy

Ultimate is not bad. But it does get boring there as the field doesn't change all that much.

Siege Airsoft (in Scarborough) has a regular amount of players and they change their field map every month. The playing space is also bigger than Ultimate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELObeatz View Post
I love that this forum topic was top when I logged back on. I literally just remembered my old password and dropped in for a site visit. It's interesting to read the changes over the years. My last activity was 2013!!! Perhaps the WW3 talk has me intriged to build an A-Tacs Au-X plate carrier loadout and doomsday prep. Plus I got a Fitbit and it tells me to excersize. Running around trying to shot for effect sounds like it's in the cards for 2020.

Hope to see you all out there! Ultimate Airsoft looks like the choice for me.. any red flags with that place nowadays?

Old January 15th, 2020, 21:22   #30
BELObeatz

Thanks for the heads up - Siege it is. I need to do some jumping jacks before I get out there and puke...
BELObeatz is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General