Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

People who want CF kit (non-surplus)

:

Gear Discussion

Old June 14th, 2015, 11:42   #106
redzaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrendanL View Post
Ive seen way too many places selling current issues CF kit. I am serving with 1st battalion RCR up here in Petawawa and their is a shortage of kit. I was at a flea market last weekend and found current issued arid and green cadpat tac vest.

I even just saw someone here in the classifieds just post that their selling a diemaco triad rail, that most likely that was stolen from a CF weapon because far as I know they're not sold to civis. This kit doesn't belong to us, and it not ours to sell.
for the triad, due to Colt Canada releasing the SA20 and SA15.7 to the civie market, they are available to purchase from vendors, but costly as i have seen go for 300 to 500 due to limited runs as evident by this:
http://www.theammosource.com/index.p...8d0d0ad406abad
За Родину!
BRRRRRT!
redzaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2015, 11:56   #107
BrendanL

Ah!! I see there now, my mistake.

Either way my CQ is short of those, sometimes they walk off our base.
BrendanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2015, 13:13   #108
Dracheous
Lego Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalpel View Post

+1 to the OP
Reservists seem to get all the newest gear, pre-bmq
Small pack system, MK4, TVs, Cadpat gloves. Maybe it is completely dependant on the unit you're in
8 guys on my course had 0 kit issued when they started the course. Many had to purchase boots; even though the WO repeated "I can not order you or force you to buy boots... but you need boots and we dont have em..." so his hands are tied and your boots are blocks of ice as this was a winter BMQ course. Quite a few people who did get issued boots got desert boots which are useless in the winter. Funny enough a good few of those missing kit were also Service Battalions.

Anyway, great thread Koke, and Im gonna end my lil rant now.

"The hydrogen economy car from the people who brought you the 'Hindenburg'" - Glen Foster

Condoms do not guarantee safe sex any more. A friend of mine wore one and was shot by the woman's husband!
Dracheous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2015, 10:50   #109
WPJ

Quote:
Ive seen way too many places selling current issues CF kit. I am serving with 1st battalion RCR up here in Petawawa and their is a shortage of kit. I was at a flea market last weekend and found current issued arid and green cadpat tac vest.

I even just saw someone here in the classifieds just post that their selling a diemaco triad rail, that most likely that was stolen from a CF weapon because far as I know they're not sold to civis. This kit doesn't belong to us, and it not ours to sell.
BrendanL. You guys haven't been issued the new coyote kit? I heard rumors it was rolling out this year, no?
WPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2015, 11:18   #110
FULLMETAL

I'm Just surprised there is lack of equipment, when at CGsurplus (official Canada surplus auction website) you can buy pallets of equipment so cheap they have to sell them by weight instead of by the amount of stuff you get inside. I got there all sorts of things, from tents to military hospital light sets, pelican boxes, transportation boxes, everything! Some stuff is REALLY old but some other is just as great.
FULLMETAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2015, 09:10   #111
WPJ

Here is a good example of kit gone walking off.

http://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=172867

I was under the impression that most AR kits was burned in country.
WPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2015, 09:14   #112
scottyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
I'm Just surprised there is lack of equipment, when at GCsurplus (official Canada surplus auction website) you can buy pallets of equipment so cheap they have to sell them by weight instead of by the amount of stuff you get inside. I got there all sorts of things, from tents to military hospital light sets, pelican boxes, transportation boxes, everything! Some stuff is REALLY old but some other is just as great.
Fixed, in case folks are interested and want to google it.

scottyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2015, 09:19   #113
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

Quote:

Back in 2004 there was a civilian working at stores in Pet who was on this board selling current issue gear (helmets, cadpat clothing etc) and I had all his details, turned them over to the MPs @ Kingston. A few days later they handed back my info and an MP Sgt told me "we don't investigate this kind of thing as it's too big of a problem".
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2015, 12:41   #114
Armyissue
Administrator of Pants

Send a message via MSN to Armyissue Send a message via Skype™ to Armyissue
The military does a fantastic job of wasting their resources and funds, any one in the military could give you numerous references of waste in one area and drought in another.
If the troopies don't have stuff, try to invent ways to tell 'management' to stop wasting funds on stoopid stuff. If you mean Reservist, come on its a part time job!

Last edited by Armyissue; June 25th, 2015 at 12:50..
Armyissue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2015, 16:13   #115
marac

Oh come on, Jeroon, now you're talking silly. When the army spends $50 000 to send us to a ski resort (mandatory) where most of us don't ski and end up sitting by the fireplace, it is a completely useful spending of taxpayers money. Just one of many examples lol
marac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2015, 17:23   #116
BrendanL

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPJ View Post
BrendanL. You guys haven't been issued the new coyote kit? I heard rumors it was rolling out this year, no?
Reece Pl and Snipers are using the tan chest rigs, but we are still using the usually TV...word came down we're getting tan boots now though within the year ( which usually means in 2-5 years )

I have been to many flea markets in the Renfrew and Ottawa area and have seen my fair share of kit, especially a few years ago the Arid stuff seen for sale on the market, meh
Old June 25th, 2015, 18:19   #117
marac

Quote:
Reece Pl and Snipers are using the tan chest rigs
. Maybe in your unit, we still rock issued tac vest, NOT by choice.
marac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2015, 18:40   #118
-Per-

I kept all the SORD kit at the end of my roto. They asked me if I wanted it and of course I said yes. Don't know if that count for standard issued though .

My RSM have no problem with it either.
-Per- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2015, 18:54   #119
NANA
yte

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPJ View Post
Here is a good example of kit gone walking off.

http://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=172867

I was under the impression that most AR kits was burned in country.

My bad. I had no idea this was an issue till I read this thread. I will remove my sales thread. I am sorry if any serving members of the forces were offended. That was never my intent.

Nothing just happens, You always have to strive...
NANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2015, 19:42   #120
BrendanL

Quote:
Originally Posted by NANA View Post
My bad. I had no idea this was an issue till I read this thread. I will remove my sales thread. I am sorry if any serving members of the forces were offended. That was never my intent.
Like here, some people find this stuff places like flea markets and surplus stores, it's out there, they're not the ones to blame. Hell if I saw a few select things at some of those places, I might even pick them up haha.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion