Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

My GBLS GDR15 has GBB-like recoil!

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old September 5th, 2018, 21:28   #1
porch20000

My GBLS GDR15 has GBB-like recoil!

Modded with RS buffer spring and TM MWS steel aftermarket BUFFER.
No filing, no fitting, direct drop-in ready

https://youtu.be/Mu6FHWob4rg
porch20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2018, 21:33   #2
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
... so how much did you spend to get this in? :P
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2018, 22:18   #3
porch20000

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRage View Post
... so how much did you spend to get this in? :P
A lot less than my Trijicon scope.

The price is pretty comparable to a SYSTEMA PTW, but GBLS got a legit recoil , very realistic trigger break, and an even better range (the sniper rifle like air-cocking system was hiding in the BCG), note that I also put an M160 power spring in it, shooting at 370 FPS with 0.45g.

Anyone considering a PTW may wanna give GBLS a thought.

As for regular AEG, I simply put a homemade recoil weight in it, like the recoil ASG EVO SCORPION I did in another thread.
Old September 5th, 2018, 22:21   #4
RainyEyes

But would this work with all AEG's or only ones with buffer tubes or a full stock? Care to show how it's done?
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2018, 09:53   #5
porch20000

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post
But would this work with all AEG's or only ones with buffer tubes or a full stock? Care to show how it's done?
Of course not for all AEGs, sir.

Really depends on what models you want to work on:

1. M4 is usually set to have the recoil weight in the buffer tube, depends on the inner diameter of the buffer tube, you can DIY a recoil weight or mod a RS buffer in it. The dimensions of BOLT, LONEX MMC, TM Next Gen, TM Reg aeg, and even the MODIFY TREMORS kit are all different, I literally have them all.

Some of the recoil weights can be used across systems. Believe it or not, try a Modify tremor recoil weight and recoil spring in a TM next gen m4, you will be more satisfied by the enhanced recoil - the rod may need to be cut a bit shorter though.

To handle a RS spring, you may have to cut some coils off, might as well just use GBB ones which are a lot softer. You have to measure the proper length to be compressed for the stroke length of the recoil unit. A set of torque gears and motor may step in to hlep.

The GBLS is a mixture of AEG, GBB, and air-cocking sniper systems, so no mods needed for a RS buffer spring. The buffer, however, may need slight fitting and filing. The internals of GBLS are insanely high-torque, making things a lot easier for not-so-tech-savvy DIYers, you will definitely void the warranty though.

2. The recoil unit for AK, G36, SCAR, UMP are usually set to be top-loaded (on top of the gearbox), depends on how you want to arrange the space to accommodate the battery and the recoil unit, the solutions are all different.

A vivid example for a top-loaded model is here:

https://youtu.be/GlZYv8EjV7g

To maximize the recoil, I chose to use PEQ as external battery solution. I'm considering rear-wearing it and putting the battery in an m4 stock for a sleek look.

I do understand most people just want to enjoy the game, not the gun itself. I'm more into pushing my guns to the limit. I have tried high ROF (short-stroke and DSG all that) and high FPS settings, and I got sick and tired of them.

Now I'm moving on making my own recoil AEGs.

In case some may ask, yeah, I do own tons of GBBs, and most of them are HPA tapped because green gas/CO2 was not enough. If I'm such a recoil lover, why not go to the range and shoot a real steel? Well, with airsoft guns, I can safely dry fire while enjoying the felt recoil at home for cheap, with only my underwear on. I do have most of the laser target systems on the market for so-called dryfire training (laserlyte, laser ammo...fun to play!). Even RS guns are having some conversion kits now using CO2 for home defense dry-fire training - for us airsofters, would be stupid to have our RS guns converted to CO2-powered, don't you think?

For some GBB shooting:

https://youtu.be/3qpvig7XtP8

Last edited by porch20000; September 6th, 2018 at 10:04..
Old September 17th, 2018, 12:19   #6
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
370 FPS with 0.45g.
What the actual hell. Hope you aren't shooting at anyone with that.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion