Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

C8 Discussion Thread

:

Canadian

Old January 26th, 2020, 22:47   #76
FAZR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomor View Post
I'm resurrecting this thread. I want to build a C8 but so much time has passed is it still do-able? Any idea what base gun I should start with? That's the big question for me. The other things like the front rails and the Canadian but stock I'm sure I can source somewhere?
Any and all Help appreciated.
Hi.
I've been more active on devtsix, IG and Facebook. It's been a while since I've been here so I'm sorry for this late reply haha.
So it depends on how far you want to go with the build...
If you want to get it engraved then I suggest the non-VR VFC M4 models because the trademarks on those are lasered on which can come off with high grit wet sand paper.
It also depends on what C8 you want done?
Grunt C8? Or a CANSOFCOM C8?
Grunt ones are fairly easy because the barrel extension is pretty cheap in comparison to a Vortex G6A2 replica with the collar (just about $120). Grunt ones you can buy all the furniture from Nordic Marksman so it makes it 10x easier. All C8 builds get expensive. Just saying that now.

Depending on how crazy you want to go, no matter what, all variants including C7s have an extra rail slot on the upper and towards the end by the charging handle, it's tapered off or known as "scalloped".
Then for lowers you'll probably be better off doing a FTHB build because it's non-ambi and is cheaper. But if you want do the A3, you'll need ambi mag release and fire selector, and the diamond shaped sling plate unless you do a CANSOF C8. Unfortunately those sling plates are not available for AEGs unless you get someone to CNC you one. There was a few people that make them, I believe LCS Engineering (the guy who makes the Vortex replica flash hiders) makes them.

But it's hard to give you advice if I don't know which one you want to do.
Grunt C8A3/C8FTHB
C8 recce (DMR)
C8CQB
C8IUR (CQB & DMR)

I suggest posting in the facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/203340260005244/

And if you want, you can slide into my DMs: @tf_muin
Old February 5th, 2020, 04:59   #77
Tazzie

Is it ok if i post up pics of the different types of C8 used all arround the world?
For example, used by the Dutch army?
The used the Diemaco C8 but now they use the Colt Canada C8NLD and C7NLD.
Let me know

Last edited by Tazzie; February 5th, 2020 at 05:32..
Tazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2020, 12:02   #78
ShaneConnell

Send a message via MSN to ShaneConnell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazzie View Post
Is it ok if i post up pics of the different types of C8 used all arround the world?
For example, used by the Dutch army?
The used the Diemaco C8 but now they use the Colt Canada C8NLD and C7NLD.
Let me know
Don't see why not. Might give people some ideas to do to their own builds.
M4- walmart special
Ak-47- stunt studio
HK416 - G&G
1911tac - KJ Works - Green gas
CZ75 - KJ Works - CO2
ShaneConnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2020, 10:34   #79
Tazzie

Just a small collection of my C8NLD and C7NLD builds.
Also a Diemaco C8A1 built.
Still need the right stock for that one tho.
First pic a Tippmann styled as a Diemaco C8A1 used to be used by the Dutch special forces.
Below that the WE GBBR resyled to a Colt Canada C8NLD now used by the Dutch army.
Second pic,top is again a WE GBBR M16 rebuild to a Colt Canada C7NLD and below that a Tippy rebuild to C7NLD with UGL, also used by the Dutch army.
Last pic a WE GBBR M4 RIS restyled to a C8NLD and below that again a Tippy rebuild to C8NLD.
On the side 2 glocks 17 with full markings.
Last on the original Colt Canada C8NLD real steel
Enjoy

Old April 21st, 2020, 04:03   #80
FAZR

Very spicy!

Are you the cat that had those 3D printed and posted in the L119 FB page? I've seen these before I think. Very nice builds man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazzie View Post
Just a small collection of my C8NLD and C7NLD builds.
Also a Diemaco C8A1 built.
Still need the right stock for that one tho.
First pic a Tippmann styled as a Diemaco C8A1 used to be used by the Dutch special forces.
Below that the WE GBBR resyled to a Colt Canada C8NLD now used by the Dutch army.
Second pic,top is again a WE GBBR M16 rebuild to a Colt Canada C7NLD and below that a Tippy rebuild to C7NLD with UGL, also used by the Dutch army.
Last pic a WE GBBR M4 RIS restyled to a C8NLD and below that again a Tippy rebuild to C8NLD.
On the side 2 glocks 17 with full markings.
Last on the original Colt Canada C8NLD real steel
Enjoy

Old April 21st, 2020, 04:38   #81
FAZR

Starting off my little collection is my C8IUR WIP.
I am currently after a LA5 PEQ, EXPS3, ARMS front and rear BUIS, 3D printed ambi selector (working on that now), and a LCS Engineering Outpost Ops Inc suppressor for the accessories. Then I'd like to get C8A3 trades for the lower, IUR trades for the upper, have it milled (extra rail slot and tapered rear), and miliput the rail/upper to make it look monolithic.
I won't get into specifics but this is my main airshit blaster, it's a VFC DSG build by Jaeger Project. I tried getting the trades done before painting it but Maple Airsoft Supply stopped emailing me back after their 2nd reply to me...(?)
So if anyone here knows a reputable engraver in Canada let me know!
*last photo you can see the ambi mag release, and the PEQ16 removed*

C8CQB
This is my backup rifle, the lower is not kosher because I use my IUR lower with this upper when used.
The entire upper in this photo is 1:1 to Chay's C8CQB (chillinginthegray on IG), however I did throw my LA5 on the top rail and I will be putting the 553 from the IUR onto it once I get a new EXPS3. The future for this is getting a rear ARMS BUIS, a whole new VFC upper so I can sell this rifle (why I haven't touched the lower) and then have it milled out. Annnnd if I can find a Surefire M73 rail for a good price I'll definitely get that for it.

C8SFW WIP

This is my WE GBBR, it's a plinker...never actually gamed it before because Nova Scotia sucks for gas guns.
Currently I gotta paint the stock (see group photo), get a rubber pad for it, Magpul RSA, rear ARMS BUIS. I won't get trades engraved for this, I might sell it TBH. I do plan on getting a LCS Engineering Outpost G6A2 for it as well, and the suppressor will be the same one for my IUR. Currently I have a Gemtech can on it to protect that stupid long 20" inner barrel in the meantime.
If I sell it I would keep everything on the upper for a VFC upper that I can use on my IUR, and if I do that I will 100% pick up a repro Gen 3 SpectreDR because the gen 1 is not kosher (also very ugly).

AS OF NOW GROUP PIC

Old group photo with my brothers C8CQB (black one)

I will upload a better group photo(s) once I'm finished building them all!
It's slow right now because I'm also working on a Russian OMON kit (gear and rifle), and a Dutch KCT 416A5 build.

Last edited by FAZR; April 21st, 2020 at 05:06..
FAZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2020, 13:27   #82
Footy16

Wow. The C8A3 looks beautiful!
Footy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2022, 03:25   #83
Tazzie

Sorry for the late reply but never got a notification about this one.
I just got to be a member of that page you mentioned. so no I wasn't the guy.
Or at least i don't think so
I am working on parts to mimic the monolithic IUR that is used with those C7/C8NLD and L119A2 rifles.
Thanks for the comment about the builds
Will post some pics I have so far.
Also in process is a lower with the full markings of the C8NLD.
Do need to alter the Safe/Semi/Auto markings to S/R/auto as the original RS weapons have.
Keep you posted.

Regards Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAZR View Post
Very spicy!

Are you the cat that had those 3D printed and posted in the L119 FB page? I've seen these before I think. Very nice builds man!
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Canadian