Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Name this Continent... ASIA!
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

RS type 97 modernlized

:

Name this Continent... ASIA!

Old March 6th, 2011, 16:27   #16
T@NK
a.k.a. wingmantank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskaryot View Post
To be honest, I would mount the scope like this

Entirely personal preference
the RIS system got a top rail included, I didn't install it on my rifle coz I got no love with it. I was using the type 97 rail from RS company 2 years ago, and frankly it sucks. The aiming line was very high if you mount the optics on the carrying handle. It happend couple times that the BBs hitting on the barrier while I was aiming my targets, this is deadly especially in close range engagement.

Tank
Old March 8th, 2011, 23:49   #17
Cifyra
Iskaryot

Granted, those are SWAT. However, as a fairly tall person, I feel more comfortable with guns that has a higher sight line. On the other hand, I've never handled a QBZ 97 before. Maybe next time I see you at a game you'd let me try your rail set-up? :3
Old March 10th, 2011, 16:50   #18
kullwarrior

That's a lil....tooo high. Good luck aiming....(and not shoot the hostage instead of the assailant)
Old March 10th, 2011, 16:59   #19
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskaryot View Post

Granted, those are SWAT. However, as a fairly tall person, I feel more comfortable with guns that has a higher sight line.
How does being tall have anything to do with how high your sight is mounted? You're field of view is already elevated by physically being taller, there's no need to place your sight higher. Now if you said you have a big head and can't get a good cheek weld...

Sight placement is typically as close to your barrel as possible. It allows your zero'd range to be greater over a sight that is mounted extremely high. Greater accuracy over more distance.

I'm sure someone can be more technical as it currently escapes me how to explain it better.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2011, 18:56   #20
Cifyra
Iskaryot

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachster View Post
How does being tall have anything to do with how high your sight is mounted? You're field of view is already elevated by physically being taller, there's no need to place your sight higher. Now if you said you have a big head and can't get a good cheek weld...

Sight placement is typically as close to your barrel as possible. It allows your zero'd range to be greater over a sight that is mounted extremely high. Greater accuracy over more distance.

I'm sure someone can be more technical as it currently escapes me how to explain it better.
I know what you mean. However, the length of your neck between your eye to your shoulder affects how comfortable you would be with a low profile rifle. Ever wonder why most stocks aren't flush with the barrel, but is slightly canted down?

That's because although stocks that are flush with the rifle may be accurate and absorbs recoil readily, you'd have to be scrunched down like a turtle to get a good sight line. The m16 and FAMAS solves that problem by raising the sight.

Don't believe me? grab a meter stick, make sure the base of the meter stick is ON your shoulder, and then look down the meter stick as if it's a rifle, with your cheek resting on the stock. Even if it's not hard for you, after a while, it'd get uncomfortable. Maybe that's something that could be gotten used to. Who knows?

Edit: Of course that doesn't mean any particular height regarding sight placement is any better than the other. In addition to how an individual's body is built, different positions require different placements. While for some a higher sight line is easier while standing upright, it would be quite difficult to aim when in prone.

Last edited by Cifyra; March 14th, 2011 at 19:13.. Reason: clarify
Cifyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2011, 20:45   #21
Short Round
Najohn

Unique and one of a kind, atleast in airsoft, what's next in your bag of tricks T@NK?
Old March 13th, 2011, 20:50   #22
T@NK
a.k.a. wingmantank

NVG I guess...if I can get them before the zombie game.
Old March 14th, 2011, 18:52   #23
Cifyra
Iskaryot

Is the type 97 more back heavy or balanced on top of the pistol grip? The Tar at the TAC11 was too back heavy for me...
Old March 14th, 2011, 20:22   #24
T@NK
a.k.a. wingmantank

type 97 is well balanced, even with your mag on. you can hold it with 1 hand comfortably. but with the aimpoint and RIS on my gun, it slightly shifted to the front.
Old March 23rd, 2011, 01:06   #25
Cifyra
Iskaryot

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@NK View Post
type 97 is well balanced, even with your mag on. you can hold it with 1 hand comfortably. but with the aimpoint and RIS on my gun, it slightly shifted to the front.
How about the Type 97b? It looks a bit back-heavy compared to the full-length version. Reason I'm asking, I'm toying with the idea of getting one myself sometime in the future. =/
Old April 26th, 2011, 22:31   #26
T@NK
a.k.a. wingmantank

Just a follow up, the Naval special operator in the front is using the full set of the RIS system, seems that Naval dudes prefer using the full sets while Army guys prefer only use the top parts.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 13:06   #27
Zaatar

Good idea for modernlized
http://lt.cjdby.net/thread-727844-1-1.html
Zaatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2012, 16:02   #28
Cifyra
Iskaryot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaatar View Post
Looks ugly lol. I'd rather have the type 95-1 with the quick release rails.
Old October 31st, 2012, 21:56   #29
HavokReaver

Hi I know this thread has been inactive for some time, but could you tell me where you got that RIS setup from? as Ive been looking for one for about 3 months now and came across this thread.
HavokReaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2012, 12:46   #30
hoikei

new ris rail

hoikei is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Name this Continent... ASIA!