Sniper: spring vs gas vs AEG

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old May 4th, 2008, 01:49   #31
Caped_crusadar

Send a message via AIM to Caped_crusadar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCSF-Bowers View Post
and playing in backyards is not a smart thing to do when you got the nice rcmp or local cops driving around i dunno bout you but a .40 in the chest kinda ruins the game
oh, we don't have cops petrolling the mountains up behind the town, just a few around the streets, but my town is kinda a retirement community, so its really quiet

and our cops have 12 gauge sg's in the cars, but only carry a 9mm pistol on the waist
Old May 4th, 2008, 01:54   #32
Bowers

Send a message via MSN to Bowers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caped_crusadar View Post
oh, we don't have cops petrolling the mountains up behind the town, just a few around the streets, but my town is kinda a retirement community, so its really quiet

and our cops have 12 gauge sg's in the cars, but only carry a 9mm pistol on the waist
i live in a subdivision with lots of soccer moms

nuff said
Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2008, 01:58   #33
Caped_crusadar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCSF-Bowers View Post
i live in a subdivision with lots of soccer moms

nuff said
id be just as worried about the soccer moms,

beaten to death sounds worse then being shot
Old May 4th, 2008, 09:35   #34
Muffin

Back onto the sniping topic, has anyone ever tried one of those King Arms gas cylinders for TM VSR-10? http://cgi.ebay.com/EAC-020-VSR-10-A...QQcmdZViewItem
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2008, 14:42   #35
romeo sierra

if i may add my 2 cents.

i've owned 3 basr's, 3 dmr aegs, and have had the chance to play with a tanaka gas l96.

IMO- for a true sniping role, get yourself a spring basr, and upgrade it. if you can't go with higher fps, than don't waste your time, playing against a ptw will almost have u out shot everytime. even an aeg with the same fps will be able to throw 100 rounds while you get your 1 off. in bc, they allow the basr's to have higher fps because a sniper usually like to reach out and touch people from farther distances, accuraetly, and have an ROF disadvantage.

i just got a ptw, i must say, it's the most accurate aeg i've ever owned, and it's still a bit "wild" at distances. even with a custom tight bore, and sgm's. so for sniping, i still use my basr's.

as for gas, i've never owned one, tried it out, thought it was pretty awesome, (the pwer and ease of pull) but the consistancy is a bitch. with the variance's in the gas power, it's hard to truly dial in your hop up unless you have a setup like moto(regulated tank and hose setu). i've done alot of research on the gas sniper topic. i ended up buying a vsr.

IMO the best sniper rifle is the vsr. of course, mine is 100% upgraded, and i shoot lasers (so it seems). the spr springs at pdi, are very light( 2 finger pull) , and get you shooting around 500 fps. (i'm able to compare with ca, maruzen, sun)

i forgot to mention stealth capabilities. i guess u only need a inner barrel and a mouth full of bb's if you're that good. but this topic was just about guns, no?

as for upgrade parts, i only suggest pdi, and laylax.

Last edited by romeo sierra; May 4th, 2008 at 14:44..
romeo sierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2008, 18:27   #36
Caped_crusadar

yea, its about the guns, im not the best at snipeing, but im decent.

my friend and i were talking, and he already has his eye on a sniper, so i was wondering what a good DM gun is, if i should get a new front end, but still keep it at around 450 fps
Old May 4th, 2008, 18:43   #37
Muffin

Caped Crusader, not trying to be a flamer, just out of curiosity. Why is it that 15 year old kid from the States, is a member of ASC?
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2008, 19:47   #38
Caped_crusadar

beacuse of all the knowledge thats here

and its fun
Old May 4th, 2008, 20:58   #39
Cushak

Send a message via MSN to Cushak
As it's been said, BA's aren't "Loud" by any standards.

It seems loud when your ear is right next to it, but the people you're shooting at don't usually here it.

Why do people call games "wars"?
Cushak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2008, 23:31   #40
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
For shits and giggles, I set up my CA M24 with a 340-350fps (w/0.20g) spring to use at a night game last night. Yes, I cut an old spring down for this.

A few hours before the game I had a chance to set up my hop up unit (PDI) in my CA M24, and had a range of about 400ft clear to watch the BBs fly.

Go figure, once I had it set up nice, I found that my 0.30g BB Bastards were well clearing 250ft easy, some even landing straight on at around the 300ft mark. I'd say this itself rather dispells the "higher fps equals more range" myth I've been burning people with claiming. To a point, yes, higher fps helps increase range, but what I proved is that BB choice for weight and hop up adjustment will increase range and accruacy without fucking your gun with an increased rate of wear. And I have Testtube, Quantis and Apoc as witnesses for these tests; only Apoc didn't shoot my rifle but he saw the distance my rounds were landing.

Now, my point, very few AEGs will ever do this simply because of the inherant design and inconsistancy of the gun itself. Gas guns can do this easily, but from my experience and what I've read, to get a BB 300ft out, especially a middle to heavier BB weight, requires well above 450fps on an ideal day (temp/mild air movements.)

Hope this info helps.

Last edited by CDN_Stalker; May 4th, 2008 at 23:33..
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2008, 00:17   #41
Caped_crusadar

but at the 300 ft mark, would they have even felt it?
Old May 5th, 2008, 08:21   #42
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caped_crusadar View Post
but at the 300 ft mark, would they have even felt it?
A .30g, most likely. Even if it wasn't felt, it would be heard.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion