Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

I've been away from airsoft for a few years so i have a few questions.

:

Newbie Tank

Old August 18th, 2015, 01:57   #1
forsberg2111

I've been away from airsoft for a few years so i have a few questions.

Hi guys,

Ive been away from airsoft for few years and next weekend is the first gameday i will be attending in a long time. I own 2 GBBR's and when i use to play there was only a couple GBBR users out of 60 people playing but from lurking on airsoftcanada its seems GBBR's and heavier BB's are now alot more popular now. Is this true?

When i played people didnt like to use Bio BB's because they would jam or fall apart inside your gun. Seeing how most fields only allow Bio BB's now, have Bio BB's improved?

Last question. When i played i liked to use Green .36g BB's from Madbull but where i live no stores carry them and i dont have time to order some, so my options are limited to GoldenBall .36g or Scorpion Precision 0.36g Bio BB. Ive never heard of either of them so are they any good?

Thank you.

Last edited by forsberg2111; August 18th, 2015 at 02:00..
forsberg2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2015, 02:07   #2
odog654

For you first question some gbbr brands like WE have improved on quality control and their open bolt guns are good to use out of the box now which has lead to their increase in popularity.

For your second question bio bb's has also improved and a lot of brands like madbull, g&g, and bb bastard are good to use.

But your third i don't know about the golden ball bb's but they sound like walmart brand stuff, the scorpion precision look ok but you might have to take a chance with them. If they are bad just order in bulk from some where.

Last edited by odog654; August 18th, 2015 at 02:11..
odog654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2015, 08:56   #3
ccyg8774

Golden Ball BB is a reputable brand in China (assuming they are real Golden Ball BB because there are fake ones out there).
May not be as good as brands like BB bastard but still pretty good. Not like the walmart brand BBs at all.

Last edited by ccyg8774; August 18th, 2015 at 10:40..
ccyg8774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2015, 09:20   #4
Rossco66

Madbull .32 bios are relatively easy to come by and run well in a GBBR.
Old August 18th, 2015, 09:27   #5
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

In my experience, Golden Ball were a complete train wreck. They jammed and/or broke in any gun we used. We've also had really bad luck with Madbull and Tamachi.

Best bio rounds in heavier weights:

- BB Bastard 0.28g

- Green Devil 0.30g

- Bioshot 0.32g
Old August 18th, 2015, 09:53   #6
forsberg2111

Thanks for the replies guys. Here in vancouver there is not much selection at our local stores and there is not enough time to order good BB's and have them delivered, so i guess ill just have to buy what ever i can and hope for the best.
Old August 18th, 2015, 11:56   #7
Ricochet

Panther carries a few brands. Their field is in Surrey and they have a Langley store. They carry BB Bastard for sure.
Old August 18th, 2015, 13:06   #8
forsberg2111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
Panther carries a few brands. Their field is in Surrey and they have a Langley store. They carry BB Bastard for sure.
Oh i didnt know that. Does bb bastard produce a .36g bb?
Old August 18th, 2015, 15:00   #9
Darklen
Administrator

FYI, Mad Bull 0.36g are still available. Mad Bull changed the colors of the 0.36g & 0.40g a few years ago from green and tan to light and dark grey.
Old August 18th, 2015, 18:17   #10
forsberg2111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklen View Post
FYI, Mad Bull 0.36g are still available. Mad Bull changed the colors of the 0.36g & 0.40g a few years ago from green and tan to light and dark grey.
I know they are avaliable its just no store i called in the lower mainland carries them and to order them online, they wont arrive until next week. Couple stores sell Tamashi BBs are they any good?
Old August 18th, 2015, 19:29   #11
Zfurlong

short answer is yes bio bbs have greatly improved over the years. my preference for the heavy weight bios is tamashi .35's or .4's they are triple polished, uv is what deteriorates them, they are white, and i have yet to have a single jam on them. havent had any issues with them at all. out of a total of 100 random bbs, (10 per bag and the bags i had held 500 bbs each) i have yet to find a single air bubble in any of them in any form. i have yet to find a single imperfection on the surface of any bb, and overall, in my opinion, they are better than the madbull heavy weights, we heavyweights, and any others ive come accross.
Old August 18th, 2015, 19:39   #12
Ricochet

Tamachi are absolute shit. They jam in AEGs, Systemas, pistols, sprinters, GBBRs, etc. I've seen few guns shoot them properly and many jam and chop repeatedly.

Bastard makes heavier BBs, but bios only go up to 0.28g. If you want heavier weight than that, order them from a quality company. Don't risk your gun with crap. If you need BBs right now, just grab a bag of high quality 0.28s like Bastards to get you through.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank