Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

KWA G36c (Umarex licensed)

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old August 10th, 2014, 16:33   #1
SuperCriollo

KWA G36c (Umarex licensed)

Anyone knows where can I find one of them ?
My search has been fruitless so far. I realize they have become scarce since kwa's and umarex fall through, and their partnership with Ares/s&t.

Thanks !

SuperCriollo
SuperCriollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2014, 20:33   #2
Short Round
Najohn

I would highly suggest getting a TM one instead of the KWA. The Umarex Licensed G36s were absolute garbage compared to the old non-licensed KWA ones, which were very hit and miss.

Most of the Umarex KWA ones you will find now a days (if you do) are more or less a cheaply made Sportline Models.
Old August 10th, 2014, 22:03   #3
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

TM or CA all the way.
Old August 10th, 2014, 23:06   #4
SuperCriollo

Well I have had a CA G36, and the old KWA G36 in the past. The TM has a shiny and toylike abs body, and both have subpair internals (not sure if CA has improved them in recent years). I was considering the Umarex KWA because I found that my old KWA had a great out of the box performance, wile the externals were OKish (not as nice as CA or Ares though).

I was hoping the Umarex KWA would have nicer externals than the old one since its described to use nylon, and has slightly nicer trades and a normal sized handguard. The retail price would make it seem like it wasn't a sportline-like version, but what do I know. I gotta admit, I haven't found a nice detailed review of this particular version though.
Also Keep in mind that this would be my friends first gun, so out of the box performance is a must.

Thanks for all the replies

SuperCriollo
SuperCriollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2014, 00:15   #5
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

Here's my experience with G36s. I own a CA that's been highly tuned.

my experience with a kwa aegs tells me that when it breaks, you'll have a hard time replacing a few bits in it, and by replace I mean make them not suck. Unvented solid pot metal piston head which seems to seal better on the draw cycle than the shoot cycle... proprietary nozzle, no o-ring with a 2 piece hopup, proprietary gearbox shell.

I think they even use their own hop up rubbers that are oddly sized. I can't confirm that, been a while since I read a thread by someone who was servicing one.

If you're going to flip that much coin for a kwa g36, flip it for the CA one. I'm not sure why it's still a 400$ aeg when everywhere else in the world it's significantly less, but CA has full nylon fiber body, and it's tough.

The other options for a g36 are the WE AEG... yes... they stuck a gearbox in their GBBR body. Their GBB body is pretty good so if they were able to just drop a v3 into it, it would be great... it also seems a bit over priced for what it is though. I have no experence beyond seeing it stocked in a few places. It looks to be the same quality as the ares but with a standard v3 rather than the chinsey microswitched crappy blowback on the ares.

the TM for the sake of TM being good, if you can find one at the right price, but I'd have to upgrade it out of the box if it were me.

JG makes a pretty good budget g36 as well, also nylon fiber body. The newer ones are not straight marui clones though, they have a hopup that looks similar to a v2 hopup... but if it breaks there is no replacement at the moment. The old ones have the marui style hop up.

SRC has some weird measurements in their g36... their hopup is also proprietary and spaced oddly vs the others that are all TM syled. I can't say I'm a fan of SRC after working on one of their m4s. I've read extensively about their hopup issues. Their body is nylon fiber as well.

CYMA also makes a g36C... it's supposed to be nylon fiber body, but it feels really cheap, like it's been painted. It's a straight TM clone though from what I can tell. I have serviced one.

The ares is really nice looking. The microswitch is the only real issue with it. Supposedly it's replaceable with several parts on the market now, or if you care to search an electronics supplier's inventory to find the right one. I'm also told you can put a standard v3 gearbox into an ares, but the stock gearbox has a proprietary ARL release that's connected to the bolt release, and I think it has a prorpietary safety. The g36 safety is also hard to find by itself, it's not the same as other v3s. I think a place in the states sells the SRC one which is a tm clone.

The CA also has its share of quirks, it's not 100% TM dimensioned but I Think that has more to do with the inside of the gearbox shell than the actual measurements elsewhere. all v3 parts fit just fine though, it uses a v2 cylinder head. The outer barrel/gas block and hopup assembly also seem to be slightly different spec than the TM. I was unable to get a drop in lonex hop up unit to work in mine. I resorted to modifying an aluminum SHS unit made for an ARES. There's a couple units on the market all you need to do is slot the unit for the front screw post from the gearbox to fit into the hop up unit. I also had feeding issues with a prowin hop up unit in my g36 and a friend's CA g36 as well.

On all g36s the motor cage is weak, either the screw holes that mount it to the gearbox strip after a few services or the whole thing just bends and puts the motor out of alignment. SHS/shooter/ares make a cnc aluminum one that's great.

I bought mine used, but my experience with stock CA gears is that their axles are weak. I bent axles on 3 sets of CA gears with normal operation in various CA guns.

Last edited by lurkingknight; August 11th, 2014 at 00:25..
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2014, 14:22   #6
KenTsui

No one with experience with S&T? It was my first AEG and it's been pretty good to me.
Old August 11th, 2014, 14:47   #7
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

isn't it just a low end ares?
Old August 11th, 2014, 17:54   #8
Short Round
Najohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingknight View Post
isn't it just a low end ares?
You are correct. Avoid S&T.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion