Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Condor Summit & Summit Zero

:

Gear Discussion

Old July 31st, 2017, 20:15   #1
ScotGerCaJ

Condor Summit & Summit Zero

Hey, guys. I have a bit of a stupid question here. I want to buy the Condor Summit Jacket, which I'm sure many of you have. HOWEVER. Should I buy the Summit, or the Summit Zero? Is the regular Summit too hot for some purposes? Is the Summit Zero too cold for use in the winter? I'm planning on using this as an everyday jacket, as well as using it in some airsoft events, and I want to layer the jacket with a fleece underjacket in the colder months.

What are your thoughts? Thanks.
ScotGerCaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2017, 21:17   #2
Slodin

I have the summit zero jacket..I thought the only difference of the summit and the zero is the hood...

The jacket doesn't have much warm material in the inside, so if you are in colder env. you probably need a inner fleece jacket like you said.

I live in Vancouver where the cold doesn't get too bad, even the coldest days last year I was able to wear the jacket with only a t-shirt inside. Plus we get rain pouring all winter so I got the version with the hood. Although I find it unless in everyday/airsoft events, where I got use to the rain already in everyday life here and it just helps fog to get into my goggles/mask in airsoft...

And because I live in Vancouver, playing airsoft with this jacket is just too hot even in the winter.So much so that it became just a normal everyday softshell, but in Toronto it might be a whole different story since it's a lot colder.

Last edited by Slodin; July 31st, 2017 at 21:20..
Slodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2017, 05:46   #3
ScotGerCaJ

The Summit and Summit Zero are essentially the same jacket, the only difference is that the Summit has a thing fleece lining, and the Summit Zero is just a shell. I'm just wondering how much of a difference that lining would make in terms of heat. Is the hood stiff enough to stand up on its own, or is it really thin and flimsy? Toronto does get colder than Vancouver in the Winter, but it also gets Hotter in the Summer. I've lived in Toronto for four years, now, and I've seen it it -40 in the Winter and hit +38 in the Summer.
ScotGerCaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2017, 08:04   #4
BobbyDangerous

I have a Phantom I wear in slate grey. It's real nice. I don't know about the ones you mentinned but they're probably built really well. I had one of those bootleg knock offs. It was alright but you can tell the difference. As far as a winter jacket goes. I want a real coat I don't think the condor will suffice unless you drive everywhere.

BA Level 3 Certified

Last edited by BobbyDangerous; August 4th, 2017 at 08:07..
BobbyDangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2017, 15:21   #5
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

The summit is plenty warm. The zero you would want a fleece under in extreme cold, but it does do a good job a blocking wind and trapping in heat.
Neither is really suitable as a warm weather rain jacket however the zero can make due with the vents open but otherwise it's not breathable like Goretex
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2017, 01:38   #6
Kungpow

I would recommend the Summit Zero. It is more lighter, more versatile and you can layer with a light fleece. Since it gets cold where you are, consider investing in a puffy jacket. Fleece lacks the warmth to weight ratio.

I would like to suggest a different softshell as well. You may want to consider the Outdoor Research Ferrosi.

TM Glock 18 "Upgraded"

AGM M4A1 GBBR "Upgraded"

King Arms M4A1 GBBR
Kungpow is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion