Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Combat Gearing?

:

Gear Discussion

Old July 11th, 2009, 04:15   #1
scurvythepirate

Post Combat Gearing?

I was regarding upon the site "combat gearing" whether or not its legit. I saw an ad on ASC so I went to check it out, and their prices are fantastic. Which got be to the relization that this might be some Asia Crap "no offense of Asian's".
I see websites like this all the time, who claim that there product is 100% guaranteed new and quality.
So long story short, would you guys recommend them? Has anyone on ASC that you know of ordered from them?
Thanks for your time
Old July 11th, 2009, 12:41   #2
mchlman

well i know that it is shipped by hong kong postal so that should give you some sort of idea, as well they arent listed by the BBB as reliable, probably cause no ones heard of them, and the shipping is a biatch, for a 70 dollar order it costs up to 50 bucks so watch what you buy, but i have no idea about the legitamicy of the company only that their shipping program sucks
mchlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2009, 14:42   #3
scurvythepirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchlman View Post
well i know that it is shipped by hong kong postal so that should give you some sort of idea, as well they arent listed by the BBB as reliable, probably cause no ones heard of them, and the shipping is a biatch, for a 70 dollar order it costs up to 50 bucks so watch what you buy, but i have no idea about the legitamicy of the company only that their shipping program sucks
Yeah their shipping is kinda whack,
Thanks for your help
Old July 11th, 2009, 14:47   #4
ShelledPants

Gee guys. Maybe you could post a link so the rest of us know what you're talking about?

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2009, 14:49   #5
scurvythepirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelledPants View Post
Gee guys. Maybe you could post a link so the rest of us know what you're talking about?
The link to the site is http://www.combatgearing.com/
Old July 11th, 2009, 15:21   #6
ShelledPants

Having looked at the site. It looks legit, in terms of: If you order something it will come.

But it is ALL knock off gear. A lot of it is nylon, and none of it looks milspec.

Buy real, buy once.

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2009, 17:31   #7
Red62

on my team, we tried to get a uniform going, but when we tried to get me some pants, they costed 75 bucks!!! we went to walmart and spent 20 bucks on a pair of camo kids pants that just barely fit (had to releave a few threats at home) and a pair of shorts to go over them. I eventually got the shorts over the pants and off we went! Although, i've only really used it on a paintball feild and now an airsoft feild.

Dead Cell is a terrorist team: means anything goes. Right now i made parts of my armour and right now it looks not too bad from a distance.
**Certified Tornado Tech**Will fix your guns for food and BBs**
Red62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2009, 16:23   #8
speedracer9220

First off, their gear is all knock off gear. If you dont mind that, then the site is good to order from. I tested them out by ordering a pistol lanyard as I didnt want to spend the money on a high priced one. It got to me in about 7 days which was way faster than I had expected ( I am in California ). It seems as if their shipping has changed from when they first started out as I got mine shipped free and not with the shipped according to weight as is now advertised. My emails were all answered with in 24hrs and they seemed like they wanted to help as much as possible.
speedracer9220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2012, 22:23   #9
Tman07

combatgearing trustworthy??

hey guys i was just about to buy a new rail from combatgearing.com and i saw some of you think its good to buy from but some of you don't so whats the best idea?? i mean its a 12" rail system that's 51$ and everywhere else it would be 110$. so do you guys think its a good idea to buy it???
Tman07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2012, 23:27   #10
nstahl.19

Yeah I noticed that too, a lot of their stuff is like half price compared to other sites!

Tman07, could you post the link so we could see it, I'm sure it could be fine.

Last edited by nstahl.19; November 21st, 2012 at 23:29..
nstahl.19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2012, 23:27   #11
OM3GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tman07 View Post
hey guys i was just about to buy a new rail from combatgearing.com and i saw some of you think its good to buy from but some of you don't so whats the best idea?? i mean its a 12" rail system that's 51$ and everywhere else it would be 110$. so do you guys think its a good idea to buy it???
Assuming you mean the LaR Style 12" Handguard rail it is most likely produced by big dragon or some other Chinese manufacture. Not that there is anything wrong with that but there is a price difference of almost half for a reason. It won't necessarily function any worse but the finishing, materials, tolerances and over all quality is almost sure to be lower then lets say a rail made by Madbull. Personally I would take the Madbull rail or even a real steel rail over it any day. From the description it sounds pretty decent but I wouldn't expect the same quality, not saying it will be worse for certain but there is a good chance. It all depends on how much you want to spend in the end I guess.

Edit: I just noticed the item codes start with BD and that there is a Big Dragon logo right on the product image.

Durate et vosmet rebus servate secundis.

Last edited by OM3GA; November 22nd, 2012 at 02:45.. Reason: note added
OM3GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2014, 08:28   #12
Rossco66

Sorry for the necro but I didn't want to start a new thread. I've dealt with these guys before without incident until my most recent order done at their Black Friday sale in Feb. Most of the order was on back order and all but two pieces eventually showed up. There are two items outstanding and they are are now claiming that a pair of pants were already shipped which never happened
I did receive a package but the pants weren't included. I've been going back and forth with NO progress, so essentially they are trying trying to rip me off for almost $50. I know that I will never buy from them again regardless of the price.
I would caution all of you to steer clear of these guys. The delays make it impossible to resolve through PayPal now so I am likely screwed. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Rossco66; April 24th, 2014 at 11:01..
Rossco66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2014, 18:42   #13
Brit ter

I have ordered stuff multiple times from this company ! They are legit and have had no problems with my orders from them !

Last edited by Brit ter; April 24th, 2014 at 20:35..
Brit ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2014, 19:07   #14
Rossco66

I had good experiences too until this last one. I've tried to get PayPal involved but I'm outside of the 45 day window due to the whole out of stock thing. I don't even know what do do since the company says they shipped a pair of pants that weren't in the package. I'm left holding the bag unless somebody there gets their head out of their ass to check the shipping and see the package wasn't even large enough to accommodate the item in question.
Rossco66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2014, 00:16   #15
Red62

Wow, severe necroing here: my post dates back 5 years ago!
**Certified Tornado Tech**Will fix your guns for food and BBs**
Red62 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion