Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

ICS L85/SA80 Rails and adapters...

:

Accessories Discussion

Old July 5th, 2019, 23:15   #1
That_Limey_Brit

ICS L85/SA80 Rails and adapters...

What-ho!

I've gone and purchased myself an ICS SA80 (L85A2). But I must say, without a suitable optic or rail system I feel a little bit dated.

The SUSAT, while a fine piece of equipment for the 90's, is virtually phased out in favour of an ACOG or Eclan.

Trouble is: where on Earth (well, Canada) can I find an adapter for the 19mm dovetail to 20mm picatinny?
I'm not a fan of the hornbill riser at all, it's way too high to then mount an ACOG.

Then, who's been brave enough to find and fit a Daniel Defense rail to it? I know madbull make one (costing more than the real deal) but I hear their fitting can be problematic for certain makes.

I will update if I find any answers, but please... If you intelligent lot have any info I'd be grateful.
Old July 6th, 2019, 00:32   #2
gman1211

You can order a standard picatinny rails straight from ICS if need be, that's where I got mine from. They completely replace the current dovetail that is mounted.

I've also got a Daniel Defense rail mounted to mine. Airsoftparts.ca sells them, they are not cheap but they are very well built.

Out of curiosity where you at panther on the weekend?
gman1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2019, 00:47   #3
That_Limey_Brit

Direct to ICS? Ah man. Neither quick nor cheap fix then!

Any particular brand of DD Rail? Been a while since I've used Brit guns. I'll check out that site Thanks.

Not likely to be going anywhere just yet. My kit arrives Tuesday! I was thinking of going to a smaller event first but I might go the slightly further distance to Panther.
Old July 7th, 2019, 23:01   #4
That_Limey_Brit

A full set up ordered. Ordered Canadian from one of the few options available.

20mm adapter ordered.
Daniel Defense rail also on the way- with an adapter block for use on an ICS model. (Due to only fitting G&G/ARES as stock).

I got mine from....*shudders* Hero Outdoors. Unfortunately, with all the rest of the things I wanted and their free shipping over $200, they worked out cheaper. I hope their reputation (not great from what I've heard in less than a month) doesn't give me too much grief!
Old July 15th, 2019, 12:33   #5
Spengler

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Limey_Brit View Post
A full set up ordered. Ordered Canadian from one of the few options available.

20mm adapter ordered.
Daniel Defense rail also on the way- with an adapter block for use on an ICS model. (Due to only fitting G&G/ARES as stock).

I got mine from....*shudders* Hero Outdoors. Unfortunately, with all the rest of the things I wanted and their free shipping over $200, they worked out cheaper. I hope their reputation (not great from what I've heard in less than a month) doesn't give me too much grief!
Very nice! A loyal British subject wielding an L85 puts a smile on my face. May she serve you well, old chap. Post some pictures when she's ready, yes?

Keep me posted on the Hero situation. I'm grudgingly about to place an order with them, too; luckily I have six weeks before I'll need the stuff but even that might be a bit generous based on their... notoriety.
Spengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2019, 15:11   #6
That_Limey_Brit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spengler View Post
Very nice! A loyal British subject wielding an L85 puts a smile on my face. May she serve you well, old chap. Post some pictures when she's ready, yes?

Keep me posted on the Hero situation. I'm grudgingly about to place an order with them, too; luckily I have six weeks before I'll need the stuff but even that might be a bit generous based on their... notoriety.
Well, it's been 6 working days and still no shipment. I have a sizeable order (12 items) so... It's not something I'm familiar with at all in the UK. You either have the stock or you don't.

Still, they're mostly cosmetic items so I'm not going to cry too much about the wait. Petunia performed great yesterday out of the box!

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion