Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

goggle that can fit a pair of glasses

:

Gear Discussion

Old August 24th, 2012, 20:31   #1
eseeweb

goggle that can fit a pair of glasses

Hi, I am looking for a goggle that can fit a pair of glasses in and can be use with a helmet. Right now, when i play, i took my glasses off. But prefer to wear it, if possible. I think ess has some prescription frame that you can just fit lens on it, but i prefer not to spent extra on another pair of lens just for airsoft.

Anyone have experience with wearing glasses in a goggle? Any suggestion please... thx.
eseeweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2012, 20:39   #2
Drake
E-01

Wearing glasses under goggles is uncomfortable and annoying, and forces you to wear huge paintball style goggles.

Many military goggles/shooting glasses have RX insert options: they're inexpensive and while you do need to get another set of prescription lenses you don't need to buy frames (a very large chunk of the cost of glasses) nor do you need anti-reflection coating (they're under pretty reflective polycarbonate) or anti-scratching (they're under ballistic lenses) although if there's an anti-fogging option I recommend spending the extra bit for that.

Bite the bullet and do it right the first time; you'll eventually just end up buying a different set of goggles and rx inserts anyway.
Old August 24th, 2012, 20:49   #3
eseeweb

yeah, that's what i am thinking about if i should go for the insert or find a goggle that is big enough to fit.
eseeweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2012, 21:08   #4
coach
aka coachster

Here's good info from Duckman: http://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=65931

If you really want to wear glasses, JT's are of the most accomodating for keeping glasses on under
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2012, 21:09   #5
Slow
Loves Furries

Revision googles do

If ASC were real life, there would be no Chuck Norris, only CDN_Stalker

MANITOBA IVAN
Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2012, 21:14   #6
Frost_505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow View Post
Revision googles do
x2 for revision goggles, that's what I'm currently using since I alsi wear glasses. I think they just came out with some new models too.
Frost_505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2012, 21:47   #7
horto

I have rx inserts for my ESS Ice ballistic shooting glasses. They're okay, but not optimal for a variety of reasons. If I did it again I think the perfect combo would be rx adapters along with a pair of ESS turbofans.

Usually I just wear a "slim" pair of glasses under my jt flex8 thermals.

Last edited by horto; August 24th, 2012 at 21:55..
horto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2012, 21:59   #8
deltaop1

The first thing you need to consider is what type of glasses are you wearing. If you are wearing glasses that have a large frame then your chances of finding a goggle to wear with the glasses decreases dramatically.

In the paintball mask area I found that the JT Flex-8 goggle series work fine with my glasses.

If you are able to wear tactical goggles to your event then I found that the ESS Profile goggles can work fine with my glasses.

In terms of getting RX inserts I have heard mixed comments about their usefulness. Depending on your prescription, location, etc it may be harder to get RX inserts made. The other problem is that if your prescription changes not only do you need to get new glasses but now you will also have to get new RX inserts.

Hope this information was helpful.
deltaop1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2012, 22:08   #9
Matt 'Maverick' Watts

I wear Revision Desert Locust Fan goggles with the Rx insert.. love them.
Matt 'Maverick' Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2012, 22:26   #10
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

I had an insert for my ess strikers put together, but I switched to contacts for game days and never looked back.
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2012, 08:12   #11
Firewalker

Send a message via ICQ to Firewalker Send a message via AIM to Firewalker Send a message via MSN to Firewalker Send a message via Yahoo to Firewalker
1) If you're wearing those trendy "I work at Ikea and own a bichon frise" type of glasses, then you're not going to find goggles. Period.

2) If you're wearing hipster "Buddy Holly" glasses... See above.

3) Goggles will prove no use to you as your glasses, not double walled like the goggles, will fog up inside.

---

Solutions:

1) Perscription inserts in slimline glasses (Revision, ESS, Smith, Oakley all make theses). Cost effective if you game a lot.

2) Perscription safety lenses in safety frames. (Spensive, and will get fucked up if you get shot in the face a lot).

3) Mesh facemasks and a new pair of cheapass glasses from Zenni Optical that you can break and not cry over. (<-- Cheapest Option).

---

I'm reliant on glasses to see, I can't play without them. I typically wear regular OTG Safety Glasses over my prescription pair, serves the need, but fogs quite a bit in hotter games. I'm going to be switching to a mesh facemask. My eyes are covered by the lenses so I don't have to worry about fragmentation so much. Plus, I'm getting a script insert for my sawfly which is in my sig image down there).

Last edited by Firewalker; August 25th, 2012 at 08:16..
Firewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2012, 08:36   #12
drk242

smith optics otw googles & rx insert never fog
Old September 23rd, 2012, 01:22   #13
RaisinBran

I have a question, I have both the JT goggles and the revisions with inserts, I don't have my prescription filled though, does anyone know of a site where I can only get the lenses as I already have the clip.
JG M4A1
RaisinBran is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion