Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

How many of you guys use a red dot?

:

Accessories Discussion

Old October 23rd, 2015, 00:58   #46
8bitninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
Even at 200ft, if your shitty replica T1's dot glares out a foot wide area at that range, it going to be hard to aim for small body parts.
But it all comes down to what you're willing to put up with, right?
Can't blame a guy for wanting to save $800 on a sight, can't blame a guy for spending $900 on a sight because he wants better clarity, rigidity, and a crisp dot.
The OPs electronic vs non-electronic simple question quickly devolved. To that end... http://airsoftcanada.com/showpost.ph...9&postcount=10
Old October 23rd, 2015, 22:58   #47
SuperHog

Fake vs RS optics

Here is a good video explaining and showing differences between fake and real optics. Real optics can enhance your airsoft games....

http://popularairsoft.com/news/real-...-sights-part-1
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2015, 23:16   #48
BrendanL

Anyone used those Holson optics before? Are they considered real steel optics or not? I see the price tag reflect a lot of clone optics.
BrendanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2015, 00:16   #49
docholiday
docholidayy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrendanL View Post
Anyone used those Holson optics before? Are they considered real steel optics or not? I see the price tag reflect a lot of clone optics.
Not sure what you define as clone optic (it is clearly replicating the Aimpoint T1 design).

However, I would not consider $200 as the traditional price tag for a clone, that is more than the Priamry Arms T1 version. I have a real Aimpoint T1 and a friend has a Holosun, and comparing the two the Holosun is a great optic for the price. It can be used on real-steel guns.
docholiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2015, 00:24   #50
BrendanL

Quote:
Originally Posted by docholiday View Post
Not sure what you define as clone optic (it is clearly replicating the Aimpoint T1 design).

However, I would not consider $200 as the traditional price tag for a clone, that is more than the Priamry Arms T1 version. I have a real Aimpoint T1 and a friend has a Holosun, and comparing the two the Holosun is a great optic for the price. It can be used on real-steel guns.
Thanks for clearing that up! Have you shot a Holosun sight on real steel? Also are they made in China?
Old October 24th, 2015, 00:29   #51
docholiday
docholidayy

Quote:
Thanks for clearing that up! Have you shot a Holosun sight on real steel? Also are they made in China?
Personally I have not, but yea don over to CGN plenty of information there on them.

I think they are.
docholiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2015, 00:36   #52
cav.

Quote:
You can easily find where they are made in if you just search it up on Google, there are also tons of reviews if you truly took the time to lookg around/ If you are worried that they are made in China, your best bet would be looking at Aimpoint or EoTechs.

From what I've read, Holosun's are spectacular for their price point. This is airsoft so it won't really matter if you are using cheap clones or not. If you run AEG, China made ones will work just fine until they break. If you run GBBR, China made one will still work, but they won't hold zero for very long. Go for Holosun or the other real steel brands. I play with GBBR, and I've had both China made EoTechs and T1 replicas fail on me rather quickly, so I sold them and just saved up for a real EoTech.

Again, optics wont turn you into a pro; it simply aids you to acquire targets faster
Old October 24th, 2015, 00:39   #53
BrendanL

Thanks you two for the info
Old October 24th, 2015, 00:39   #54
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Heavily just Irons. Anyone saying they need an optic for night, CQB or any other reason needs to train harder with their weapon.
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2015, 09:45   #55
8bitninja

How many of you guys use a red dot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHog View Post
Here is a good video explaining and showing differences between fake and real optics. Real optics can enhance your airsoft games....

http://popularairsoft.com/news/real-...-sights-part-1

That's the same video I posted earlier. Also, part two has just been posted on ASC

http://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=174030&goto=newpost
Old October 24th, 2015, 10:16   #56
SuperHog

The point of the video is not real steel T1 vs real steel copies or clones. It is about real steel optics vs toy airsoft ones.

Any real steel optics will be superior in airsoft even if they are made offshore. Simple reason, they are real steel rated. Although the T1 is the toughest off them all, the rest won't let you down if used in airsoft.

Last edited by SuperHog; October 24th, 2015 at 12:09..
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2015, 13:18   #57
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

I have a real steel scope on my g36.

I have cheap airsoft clone panoramic reticle sights on my other guns. I don't use eotech clones as they lose zero very easily.
Old October 24th, 2015, 14:16   #58
dmitril

Send a message via Skype™ to dmitril
Basically watch that video, it is 100% correct as far as I could tell. The only thing I want to add is that most guns and shooters do not have the accuracy to make use of a good red dot and would do just fine with a $16 tube type assuming the intent is not to use it at night or hammer nails in with it. Personally, I've used a cheap rds with no issues until I got my 1-6 Firefield, I did use it with an AEG though.
dmitril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2015, 17:27   #59
TorinoFermic

Being Daytona Gun SCAR-L user, i had to use my real steel Lucid HD7. But given future upgrades i will be doing petty much killed instantly any replicas optics the moment i fired full auto.

No to mention real steel being more advanced or more durable than replica counterparts. Think about Vortex warranty.

By the way, my real steel Magpul MBUS Rear broke his mounting points. Shame it was nice to have while it lasted 2 games.
TorinoFermic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2015, 23:21   #60
shelcoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gato View Post
Heavily just Irons. Anyone saying they need an optic for night, CQB or any other reason needs to train harder with their weapon.
How would you go about to training harder at night when its pitch black?

To be honest I think Red Dots are useless if there is light available but when its pitch dark with no light and the only other way for you to see is to give your position away by using your tact light... I say that's when a Red Dot comes in handy.
shelcoof is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion