Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Vietnam in Southern Ontario

:

Vietnam

Old July 12th, 2019, 18:43   #1
NatetheGR8

Vietnam in Southern Ontario

Hey everyone,

I know this forum has been quiet for a while but how many people here in Southern Ontario have 'Nam' kit or are interested in the era?

I'm in a small group that does Nam and were always looking for new members to join us. Were more into the reenacting side, but also do airsoft and are looking to host a Nam game this year up north. Plus if you ever wanted to branch off into reenacting and really live in the shi*t that's fun too .

Just throwing it out there, haven't really seen anyone other than us down here interested.

Cheers.
NatetheGR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2019, 18:47   #2
Desmodus
Mexifaggot

There used to be a BIG 'Nam group by the name of In Country here. I'm not sure if they are active anymore in the airsoft realm but I do recall them always going to the Southern Ontario Military Muster as reenactors. It might be worth it to contact them to see if they know anyone who's looking to do Namsoft.

Primaries: LCT AK74MN w/SKTBR, VFC M4 SOPMOD Block 2
Secondary: Latino heat, TM Glock 17
Desmodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2019, 19:46   #3
NatetheGR8

Ya our group collaborates with what is left of In Country, though to my knowledge a few members are getting ready to retire.
Old July 12th, 2019, 22:51   #4
Swattiger

It is great to see this post !

I have joined some of the In-country games, and have all the period gear and weapons.

But due to working schedule, I can only join some casual airsoft games (one day game) now. Will this work for your group?

Last edited by Swattiger; July 12th, 2019 at 22:54..
Swattiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2019, 13:04   #5
NatetheGR8

It depends really,

It's suppose to be a two day event with the first day being mostly reenacting (humping the bush in our rucks, eating out of C-rats, and creating a little place to sleep that night) + anything else we want to do.

The next day is airsoft, it's on an actual field open to the public so we usually get a few people there to fill in for VC or something though with mostly modern stuff.

So ya it is 'technically' one day of airsoft but it may be a long drive for just one day.
Old July 13th, 2019, 22:25   #6
Full-Auto-Seer

I'm from NWO, but I'd be willing to travel a bit for some vintage mil-sim. Hopefully I'll have my M16 working soon; currently I'm using a WE Thompson. I based all my kit around early war stuff, so hopefully I can still fit in.
Old July 14th, 2019, 12:28   #7
Swattiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatetheGR8 View Post
It depends really,

It's suppose to be a two day event with the first day being mostly reenacting (humping the bush in our rucks, eating out of C-rats, and creating a little place to sleep that night) + anything else we want to do.

The next day is airsoft, it's on an actual field open to the public so we usually get a few people there to fill in for VC or something though with mostly modern stuff.

So ya it is 'technically' one day of airsoft but it may be a long drive for just one day.
Ok. I am in Toronto. Anywhere within 1 1/2 hour drive is good for me.
Swattiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2019, 17:55   #8
NatetheGR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full-Auto-Seer View Post
I'm from NWO, but I'd be willing to travel a bit for some vintage mil-sim. Hopefully I'll have my M16 working soon; currently I'm using a WE Thompson. I based all my kit around early war stuff, so hopefully I can still fit in.
Early war is fine. My group does the Cold War in general, it's just that most of us have a Vietnam impression so anything goes really.

Being in NWO is pretty far from the proposed site North of Algonquin.
Old July 14th, 2019, 17:56   #9
NatetheGR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swattiger View Post
Ok. I am in Toronto. Anywhere within 1 1/2 hour drive is good for me.
Yea the location we go to is around 4-4.5 hours away above Algonquin. Don't know if that's to far for you.
Old August 21st, 2019, 21:21   #10
dwilkinson

In-Country

Hey guys, just saw this, I've been a member of In Country for about 6 years now! The group has slowed down heavily but we have members that are still very active, shoot me a PM for any questions!
dwilkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2019, 02:21   #11
Kadamelo
Banned

Due to the work schedule, I have not done anything similar for a long time, but I would have gladly participated. I remember that I once even turned to https://au.edubirdie.com/help-with-nursing-assignments to catch an event. I didn’t regret it because I needed help with nursing assignments, and in addition to everything, I had a great time then.
Kadamelo is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Vietnam