Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Field opening in the Okanagan

:

General

Old September 9th, 2014, 17:21   #1
Elliott761

Field opening in the Okanagan

A commercial field is looking to open in that area and we want input from the players of what they want from a field in that area; any input is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Elliott761; September 10th, 2014 at 20:38..
Elliott761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2014, 18:53   #2
Danke

No field BBs.
Old September 9th, 2014, 19:16   #3
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Elliott, PM me.
Old September 10th, 2014, 23:15   #4
Aquamarine
PanSexual

Send a message via MSN to Aquamarine Send a message via Yahoo to Aquamarine Send a message via Skype™ to Aquamarine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott761 View Post
we want input from the players of what they want from a field...
A field owned and run by someone who has at least 5 years experience PLAYING AIRSOFT not just reading about it or playing paintball.
Old September 11th, 2014, 07:22   #5
Aper
E-30

I agree. If you need inputs from the players because you can't seem to know where or what to do, we have a problem. An experienced airsoft player will know what to specificly do and will ajust a couple of things in the process, and not build everything from scratch from a couple of ASC comments.

And I don't like the ''commercial'' part; sounds like someone is here for the money, and not the players.

West Coast EOD Supporter. // Bang One, Bang Em All ! // In war, it's not who's right, but who's left.
Aper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2014, 08:31   #6
J-Man19

Quite the fickle bunch here. Seems to me that if this field opened up, did it's thing and went under there would be a thread on here with people saying "why didn't they ask for input from the community? "
Now before you tell me that I don't know why you're making the comments; I do. Haven't followed the story too closely but have a general idea.
If this field is opened then it's success/failure will be decided by the owner's actions and the player's support.

That being said:
No mandatory field bbs and run by someone who isn't only profit motivated are excellent suggestions.

As sad as it is for the 'hard core' player, you need to pander to the walk in/new player market. If you rely solely on this community you are setting yourself up for failure. A majority of players are a thrifty bunch.
J-Man19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2014, 11:36   #7
Janus

Send a message via ICQ to Janus Send a message via MSN to Janus
It's okay to be profit-driven. I don't see why this is a problem. The financial stability of a field is important because it takes money to maintain them and no one wants to do it for free. I don't see making a few bucks off of it as a crime.

Field BBs CAN be okay if the field listens intently to the players and brings in a solid brand or two with lots of choice... And you'd have to be willing to adapt to meet the needs of your players... This is also something you can't gouge on. Tack maybe an extra $1 to $2 per 2000 and you should be alright.

It's important that a large portion of the profits goes back into the field. I can't tell you how painful it is to play loyally at a field for years and watch exactly 0% of the cash given go nowhere into maintenance and improvements.

If you're going to build, contact the established community and get field-specific feedback for design. Those guys will keep coming back if they're feeling like they are part of the place.

That's what I got.
Janus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2014, 11:52   #8
Danke

The fields here can be for profit. Hardcorps in Pentiction had a great following.

So to add; sign up on the local Kelowna and Kamloops forums and then do a road trip to play in the area.

Expanding on why "field" BBs are looked at with distaste. Some players will spend a lot of time setting up their hop to be consistent and accurate with a particular brand and weight. If you can't run that same ammo on game days there's a high degree of frustration.

http://www.airsoftkamloops.com/
http://www.airsoftkelowna.ca/

Also an airsoft field needs to be an airsoft filed. No paint debris and sludge.
Old September 11th, 2014, 15:26   #9
Danke

More advice, tell Prime up there to keep his opinion to PMs.

The thread's not about him.
Old September 11th, 2014, 15:29   #10
beta678
ASC's navel of the year!

Send a message via MSN to beta678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherprime View Post
Panther has been selling Elite Force ( as the number 1 asked for brand ) Tamashi, G&G, Scorpion, BBbastard, etc for prices comparable or below regular retail. If anyone has had a problem with a particular bag they should bring it to our attention so we could then pass it on to the manufacturer and deal with the problem. I have had no mention made to me, so not sure why Beta678 would be having problems......maybe bring it to our attention rather than social media, so we can clear it up. If there is a particular brand you prefer we have tried to accommodate, just let us know. This has been our policy since going field BBs only, and with it we have seen our regulars numbers jump by over 800% so something must be working.
I prefer bioval's, I've found they work well with my GHK AK's, Tamashi's are alright but I haven't seen them when I go to pay field fee's so I've been stuck w/ Panther branded bb's, which don't run that well in my GBBR's.

I'll bring the bags of Panther bb's I have next time I drop by. Still have whats left of a bag and an unopened bag as well. I have no idea what brand of bb's they are but yeah, they're not too great in my experience.

I'm not sure why I'm having problems with them either, but people have mentioned on a few occasions that some of Panther's bb's don't run that well in their guns prior to this thread so its been brought up before. I was skeptical and gave them a try and in my experience, they don't work well in my GBBR's and have issues consistently feeding in my AEG mags. I'm merely sharing my experience with using your field bb's in a thread asking for input... others in this thread have already mentioned why field bb's aren't that great so its not something new...
Old September 11th, 2014, 16:20   #11
Pantherprime
Banned

Danke: actually the post is about Panther being asked to help with a field possibly opening in the interior, and since "field only" BBs is a topic mentioned a few times and since Panther is a field only BBs I responded. Beta 678 mentioned a problem I simply responded to him on here, to let people know that fields that are "FBO" do listen to the players. And for an example the majority of Panther BBs are made by Tamashi to their specifications.
Pantherprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2014, 16:38   #12
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

There 'a a few no pay fields up that way. That seems to be where the serious players go. K-town has their own field I believe, but I may be mistaken. Another Kelowna team from way back used to play in the forest somewhere. The guy who ran Hardcore gave up his lease for certain reasons. The few serious players I know well who played there didn't like it. They described it as children, with clear plastic toys, blind-firing, and not calling hits. The Okanagan isn't known for youth or young adults with cash flow either.
Old September 11th, 2014, 17:23   #13
Danke

Ricochet;
Hardcorps lost their field because the landlord gave the property over to his son who declined to continue the lease.

Any of the games I attended there were run well with clear guns not in use and a few times a year a mass of Calgary and Vancouver players would drive up for the weekend. Any of the AARs were positive. It may have death spiraled after the word got out it was closing.

It was a very large field with a CQB city and other scattered structures including some two story ones and functioning doors laid out over challenging terrain.

Due to the proximity they had a good base from Penticton and Kelowna was near enough that the group there would make it a regular drive and pay to play vs. a "free" field.

I'd make a 2 hour drive and bypass free fields and Kamloops area players would drive 3 hours each way instead of hitting nearer spots.

Panther Prime
As long as the field BBs aren't mandatory you'll do lots of sales as many players don't order online or stock up. As soon as you make buying them on site mandatory a rule you're going to have an issue with any serious player. Full stop say no more.
Old September 25th, 2014, 21:28   #14
Totentanzv1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
There 'a a few no pay fields up that way. That seems to be where the serious players go. K-town has their own field I believe, but I may be mistaken. Another Kelowna team from way back used to play in the forest somewhere. The guy who ran Hardcore gave up his lease for certain reasons. The few serious players I know well who played there didn't like it. They described it as children, with clear plastic toys, blind-firing, and not calling hits. The Okanagan isn't known for youth or young adults with cash flow either.
Im one of the admins of Airsoft Kelowna. I respectfully submit your information is well out of date by at least a couple of years. We are a large, organized, insured, 18+ only club. We have recently worked with the Ministry of Forests to stage a clean up day at our field which is on crown land. We have a variety of special events, including CQB and Family Days.

Please visit www.airsoftkelowna.ca for more details and if you can come out and join us for a game!
Totentanzv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General