Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Warning: AOS-Blaesuis European Camo

:

Western Europe

Old January 31st, 2007, 07:27   #1
Smintjes

Warning: AOS-Blaesuis European Camo

Hi. Long time since I've been here, but due to a lot of weekend work my airsoft activities had all but died down. Recently I've decided to pick up the AEG's again, and it's a great excuse to fill my closet with all kinds of Scandinavian Camo (yes, I'm a M84/M90 whore as well) ;-)

In december I decided toi try and buy something from German webstore AOS Blaesius (http://www.aos-blaesius.com, click on "Ausländische Kleidung & Ausrüstung"). Because of the crappy appearance of the site I had been reluctant to buy from it, but since there's no credit card transactions involved (just a bank account), I decided to give it a go. They do have some real cool camo that you can't find anywhere else (Dutch tropical, the new Finnish digital, M/90 Desert, etc). I was fully aware that it wouldn't be official issue (hell, the Finns don't even get digital yet as standard issue) but the pics and specs looked promising.

So, after one month and numerous unanswered emails I finally received my Finnish digital. And what a let-down. The fabric is very, very stiff (it feels almost as cardboard), and the pattern is painted on it in a rather crappy way. There are even small spots of white in between different colours, due to poor configuration of the printing machine. (OK, that was also the reason why Belgian camo has it, but with us, at least it's official ;-) )

I bought the jacket in XL and the pants in L. The pants have a waist size of a XL, nothing a belt can't cope with but it isn't what I expected, and thankfully they are long enough (I am 1m93). The jacket is *very* short, and the sleeves are way too baggy. Yes, even baggier than XL BDU's. The pockets on the pants are situated on the front of the leg, making them useless the minute you go to prone position. And they are so small that the only thing I could fit in, was a pack of cigarettes. Ditto for the pockets on the jacket.

Al in all a useless, massively overpriced piece of kit, and since the other sets on the same site all have the same specs, I would highly recommend to leave them alone.

A shame though, it looked nice on the pics...

Smintjes, Belgium

Smintjes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2007, 16:35   #2
Lerch
* AV Status REVOKED *

So..correct me if I'm wrong..but don't buy the custom BDU's?
Is that what you're saying? Shawdy quality and all that?

There isn't that much there that could be claimed as shawdy though..Tacgear and alot of issued items are available.
Old January 31st, 2007, 19:41   #3
Smintjes

Yes, I'm saying "don't buy the so called "einsatzjacke/einsatzhose". They don't have a brand on them so I would presume they are all of the same quality.

You won't hear me saying bad things about Tacgear, my post was just about the custom BDU's AOS offers.
Old January 31st, 2007, 20:11   #4
Lerch
* AV Status REVOKED *

Not a problem, I just wasn't sure you were poopooing the site in general or just that specific BDU.
Old February 1st, 2007, 12:43   #5
[Lithium]

FYI, pockets on the front arent always a bad thing.. Look at crye, they do that too for their combat pants. prevents them from being covered by things like thigh holsters

HeL is another name i go by
[Lithium] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2007, 15:03   #6
Smintjes

They would still be covered by the legstraps though.
Old March 16th, 2007, 09:37   #7
Seamus01

Hi Smintjes,

I ordered some Swedish desert from AOS in Jan and received them in Feb, about 5 weeks from ordering until I got them in the mail. The style is the same as what you got, except the pants had two regular pockets, one hip pocket and a cargo pocket on each leg (on the side). The sleeve pockets are a little small, but I have never been a big fan of sleeve pockets, thats just me though. I didn't have the same issues with the sleeves being too baggy or the shirt being too short, I ordered medium in both the shirt and pants, and the size was about right. So far I have been pleased with the set I ordered, not as good as the Tacgear stuff, but I was looking for a light weight set of desert M90. Prices seemed ok, postage was the main killer, but I have become used to expensive postage for items from Europe. Overall I am satisfied with the items I ordered from AOS. That is not to say, if I order something else from them, it will be as good. I suppose I will have to wait and see.
Seamus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2007, 14:33   #8
JKT 1

well, at least the Swedish desert sets look authentic in the photos on the site. The "Finnish" stuff on the other hand is completely made up.
Old March 20th, 2007, 08:30   #9
Smintjes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus01 View Post
Hi Smintjes,

I ordered some Swedish desert from AOS in Jan and received them in Feb, about 5 weeks from ordering until I got them in the mail. The style is the same as what you got, except the pants had two regular pockets, one hip pocket and a cargo pocket on each leg (on the side). The sleeve pockets are a little small, but I have never been a big fan of sleeve pockets, thats just me though. I didn't have the same issues with the sleeves being too baggy or the shirt being too short, I ordered medium in both the shirt and pants, and the size was about right. So far I have been pleased with the set I ordered, not as good as the Tacgear stuff, but I was looking for a light weight set of desert M90. Prices seemed ok, postage was the main killer, but I have become used to expensive postage for items from Europe. Overall I am satisfied with the items I ordered from AOS. That is not to say, if I order something else from them, it will be as good. I suppose I will have to wait and see.
Mmm, tempting. Could you post some pics?
Old April 26th, 2007, 12:33   #10
Seamus01

Sorry for the late reply, here are some photos of the swedish desert, and I am using a set of ACU for comparison. The ACU are size Med/Short. Being on the short side, the AOS medium fits me, if you are a regular or a long you will have issues.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg swedish desert.jpg (22.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg swedish desert 2.jpg (20.7 KB, 12 views)
Seamus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Western Europe