Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

2:45am Frustrations can't break 240fps w/upgrades

:

Doctor's Corner

Old August 21st, 2010, 21:48   #31
Rabbit
formerly FrankieCees, Remylebeau

The end with the red box was trimmed because thats where the bunching was happening.

We ended up ruining this sleeve cause we did trim the end with the blue box but realized this is a bad idea

The blue box end was causing my jams however, when looking into the hop up we could see this end sticking out slightly and determined this was causing all kinds of jams when the bb was feeding in from the mag
Attached Images
File Type: jpg prom-purple-rubber.jpg (6.5 KB, 3 views)
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2010, 03:04   #32
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjboi View Post
ummm im not trying to start a fight here... but AMOS is always trying to assume that I only hear stuff and I dont know what im talking about. It's annoying, first of all I wouldn't have said anything if I didn't have experience with the gun. But I DO!
From what you posted it read like you said you have no first hand experience --

Quote:
My friend bought ARS MASK Duo POM for Ver. 2 for his G&G mp5 and it sucks...
I'm not sure how many guns you've worked on... but I've done a full gearbox build with pretty much every brand on the market (I'm averaging 3-5 guns a week now a days.) To this day I have no found a piston or cylinder head that out-does the ARS stuff..

If I don't know something, I'll be the first one to admit it... I have no idea where all this hostility towards me is coming from.. but if I see something someone is saying in confidence that is not correct information, I'm not going to let some new guy that doesn't know better get burnt because of bad advice.

I'm sorry if I've corrected something you've said in the past -- but there's A LOT of "pro-airsoft advise" that gets regurgitated that is either completely wrong or detrimental to the performance of the airsoft gun.

Chances are you had a bad experience with ARS parts due to user error (did you remove the o-ring and grease it all the way around?),there's been several times where I've had to remove people's systema kits because the piston head design is prone to shrinking o-ring and compression loss over time. (By the way, you shouldn't be using a bore-up kit unless you're extending your barrel, it's the same as using an un-ported cylinder on a short barrel, you'll get quite a bit of turbulent air when the BB exits the barrel)

I've installed 40+ ARS kits.. the only problem I've ever had is a with a TM FAMAS that needed a shim behind the piston head to correct the AOE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos
I'm not 100% sure on the TM Mp5 (so many different MP5 versions out there!!) but if it has a free-floating hop-up unit, did you remember to replace the spring that goes in front of the hop?
See what I said there?

Turns out I was wrong about my doubts, the TM style has the captive hop-up system where you need to half the bodies, it's the CA system that uses the "floating" hop-up unit like in their G3 series.

@Remy:

It's now sounding like you don't have your hop-up rubber installed correctly, You shouldn't have to trim anything.

If you're having trouble getting the rubber on the barrel, or the barrel and rubber into the gun, use a little bit of spit, or a TINY bit of foaming hand-soap.
G3SD6

Last edited by Amos; August 22nd, 2010 at 03:07..
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2010, 03:47   #33
cjboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
... The MASK piston head and cylinder head are the best ones on the market right now... I'm willing to bet you have zero first hand experience with them and are just regurgitating something you heard someone else say.
There, and no of course i don't use the stock inner barrel when i use my mp5 outdoors. What happened to my friends piston head was, the o-ring was fucked (the diameter of the o-ring was not even, one side was skinnier) I don't know what he did, he installed it first and I had to re-install new parts for him. I told him I could put a new o-ring but didn't wanna bother and he gave the parts to my other friend. I just don't like people opening their mouth first before listening to what people have to say first and of course i got annoyed, because remy and I basically have the same gun only his is TM and mine is ICS and I had experience with these guns. No hard feelings, apology accepted.
cjboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2010, 04:38   #34
Kos-Mos

Quote:
There, and no of course i don't use the stock inner barrel when i use my mp5 outdoors. What happened to my friends piston head was, the o-ring was fucked (the diameter of the o-ring was not even, one side was skinnier) I don't know what he did, he installed it first and I had to re-install new parts for him. I told him I could put a new o-ring but didn't wanna bother and he gave the parts to my other friend. I just don't like people opening their mouth first before listening to what people have to say first and of course i got annoyed, because remy and I basically have the same gun only his is TM and mine is ICS and I had experience with these guns. No hard feelings, apology accepted.
Guys, no one care if you have done more mechboxes than the other guy or if your past experience with ARS parts is good or bad.

From the test that where made, the MECHBOX, that means cylinder and piston set, is not in cause.

I will repeat again for the OP. There is NO REASON to trim the rubber in ANY WAY. If it bunch up at the end where the clip is, it means that it bunch up EVERYWHERE in the hop-up tube and cause problems. Take your time and try again with a NEW rubber.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2010, 09:00   #35
Rabbit

Ok think i'll try my luck with another modify air nozzle along with either a Guarder Clear Hop-up Set or the ARS AEG Hop-Up Rubber Set

Is there a specific SD type air nozzle? I was using one labeled for mp5 series. Systema, shown here has one for sd6's:
http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/systema-a...5-sd5-sd6.html

Also a cylinder?

Im really hoping parts aren't supposed to be specific for this AEG.

Last edited by Rabbit; August 22nd, 2010 at 17:21..
Old August 22nd, 2010, 19:03   #36
cjboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remylebeau View Post
Ok think i'll try my luck with another modify air nozzle along with either a Guarder Clear Hop-up Set or the ARS AEG Hop-Up Rubber Set

Is there a specific SD type air nozzle? I was using one labeled for mp5 series. Systema, shown here has one for sd6's:

Also a cylinder?

there is no specific SD type air nozzle for your mp5, just use the one made for mp5 (not the mp5k/pdw).

You need to get a non-bore up cylinder for your kit. Teflon coated one's are great...
cjboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2010, 16:53   #37
THe_Silencer

Have u isolated what's wrong yet? HAve u taken it to another gun doc?

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle
-Founder of Steel City Hamilton Infantry and Tactics
-Certified level 43 Autosniper by Commander Amos
THe_Silencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2010, 18:10   #38
Azathoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remylebeau View Post

Also a cylinder?

This is going to seam silly but why do you "need" a new cylinder. This is probably the least consumable internal part. If you are getting solid results with the compression test and you are happy with the port on your cylinder (if you have one) then why replace it?

THe systema nozzles are meh. Not nearly as good as prometheus or literally any other nozzle that has a internal oring
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
it would appear I am not first up in this gang-bang
---
WANTED PTW Receiver PRIME, STG, Factory
Azathoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2010, 18:49   #39
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azathoth View Post
This is going to seam silly but why do you "need" a new cylinder. This is probably the least consumable internal part. If you are getting solid results with the compression test and you are happy with the port on your cylinder (if you have one) then why replace it?

THe systema nozzles are meh. Not nearly as good as prometheus or literally any other nozzle that has a internal oring
I was just curious to know if i was buying the wrong parts. It jolted my curiosity when i saw products labeled sd6

I get my guarder clear & ars rubbers tomorrow along with a madbull 6.03 and another modify nozzle..hopefully i can make something work the 3rd time around.

EDIT: Everything works 100% now. Im shooting roughly 310-320 with 25s. Lesson learned - do not trim the hop up rubber! ARS rubber was installed, fit perfectly. All other upgrades are perfect, compression is great. Thank you to everyone who helped out with replies!

Last edited by Rabbit; August 25th, 2010 at 22:43..
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner