Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Help

:

Newbie Tank

Old January 26th, 2017, 16:20   #1
canuckm27

Help

Ok so I went out for my first game on January 22nd. Here it the problem. I am addicted and have been spending money like crazy I think I need and intervention. Scratch that this is so much fun. Airsoft where have you been all my life. awesome forum btw lots of good deals in the classifieds and tons of posts to help with a noob to get started. keep up the great work.
canuckm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2017, 17:45   #2
RainyEyes

The first step is admitting you have a problem. I'll pencil you into the next AA meeting (airsoft anonymous).
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2017, 20:59   #3
Bermanator98

I'm kinda in the same situation... I played once with rentals a few weeks ago, and since then I've bought a $300 gun and spent $150+ on gear so far, and I already want to buy a side arm and a plate carrier for my 1 extra mag... And I haven't even used my gun in an actual game yet haha.
Bermanator98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2017, 21:08   #4
Datawraith

Ahhh, that's just a tiny tip of the iceberg. Have you seen what some of the hardcore pay to win guys run? All real gear; hell, what some of them wear on their heads is more expensive than a car...
Datawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2017, 21:35   #5
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Pay to win? "Lol". Equipment certainly is a multiplier, especially in airsoft, but it takes skill, athleticism and squad cohesion to dominate. The hardcore gear is there to just make it feel more like rape...
Old January 26th, 2017, 21:46   #6
NAAZ
One of those username tags...

at least your wallet is happy that you aren't a collector like me :')
Old January 26th, 2017, 21:49   #7
KTFlash1

i only played one game myself and I already have LBT 6094a lol. Airsoft is so fun xD
KTFlash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2017, 23:14   #8
devbro

Aside from playing CQB, I like building guns from scrap parts. I get to experiment and see what goes with what. I think I spent around 2000$ last year on my entire airsoft activity including rental, guns, parts, admission fees.
devbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2017, 23:23   #9
Datawraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
Pay to win? "Lol". Equipment certainly is a multiplier, especially in airsoft, but it takes skill, athleticism and squad cohesion to dominate. The hardcore gear is there to just make it feel more like rape...
Oh definitely. I was saying it jokingly, although with all the thermal fusion we've been seeing in Southern Ontario lately... Wallhacks OP, pls nerf.
Old January 27th, 2017, 01:09   #10
Ricochet

Thermal, huh? Yeah, I guess it's going that way. I've been looking into thermal for years now, but I didn't realize it was common yet.
Old January 27th, 2017, 01:28   #11
Datawraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
Thermal, huh? Yeah, I guess it's going that way. I've been looking into thermal for years now, but I didn't realize it was common yet.
Wouldn't exactly call thermal common here yet (hence the pay to win quip, as it's still very cost prohibitive). There is a team that runs thermal fusion units here though. However, gen 3 NODs are starting to become quite common place. Still expensive and rather pay to win, but not QUITE as much as the thermal fusion units that appear.
Old January 27th, 2017, 08:42   #12
Ricochet

There was quite a few NODs when I left Alberta almost four years ago. Some were very high-end, but it seemed like everyone and their dog had at least something. Decent thermal is quite a bit more expensive, but you can use it during the day, that's the major game changer.
Old January 27th, 2017, 11:44   #13
canuckm27

LOL well I have a dboys m4 cqb full metal, A cybergun sig p226 xfive, a fn pfs sniper rifle, a cp camo and a black cross draw tac vests, a tan plate carrier with multiple mole pouches, looking at a echo 1 m4 platinum on here which I have messaged the guy about a couple times with no answer, multiple sets of camo, fast pj helmet, and at least a dozen m4 mags and I have been out one time. I need to find a good set of boots now.
canuckm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2017, 10:29   #14
alchemy

dude... just wait.. I bought a car this year so I could go play outdoor games! lol. Well other reasons as well, all my family lives out of the city.... The car was $400... My gun cost more to build then that! Buckle up, and break out the KY.
alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2017, 12:20   #15
Katipunero

5 guns later and my wife rarely sees me and my basement is now a bunker.

Katipunero is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank