Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Customs delaying orders...

:

General

Old October 29th, 2007, 02:35   #31
Gryphon

I'll have to take some decent pics of my GBBs sometime.

I wouldn't worry about customs. If your item is completely white area (ie. not illicit) you typically have zero concerns. They may detain something that's questionable and even seize it, but you have options. So far my experiences with customs has been very fair and professional given that they are doing exactly what their jobs and the law instruct them to. Poor repackaging and damage to contents is unacceptable however I've been fortunate enough with the ones that've inspected my goods.
Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2007, 20:30   #32
fullmetal69

Send a message via MSN to fullmetal69
Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
" Doh nothing illegal, or even remotely close with in all the fake laws we have made up so we can no take this item and stick it in our butts.
Jeez, i'd hate to see what your magazines or accessories look like when you get them. I guess it is the rainy season so the muddy look works pretty good.

fullmetal69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2007, 22:20   #33
Chrios

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockafella View Post
do airsoft regulations even make sense to anyof you?!!! This is Kuck'n Futs!!!!
Airsoft is banned probably becuase some stuipd idiot robbed a coner store with one, well should we cut off everyone's fingers too then cuz someone robbed a bank here in Victoria by pointing his finger under his sweatshirt at a bank teller? We are the only country in the entire world that I know of that has such a stupid law against airsoft and replicas!!! I bet they are all laughing at us right now. Even those tea drinking britsdon't have such a law, I was talking with the founder of Stirling Airsoft and he thinks we are really dumb for have such a law.

Sorry but this really is annoying me right now!!
If that's what you honestly believe, you have some delusions about life that should be sorted out soon. I really don't know where to start on this one. Suffice to say this post is full of fail, and you should start paying attention to what's going on in the world.
Chrios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2007, 23:09   #34
Ducky

Send a message via MSN to Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Ducky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
"Well I just got back from DHL shipping facility and Canada Customs office with some information I felt is worth sharing with the airsoft community.

Apparently Canada Customs has started a new policy to survey price discrepancies on items shipped to Canada. Apparently this is to help cut down on eBay sellers, and other retailers who label their items far below the actual cost.

If you have any shipments that are sitting in customs it may not necessarily be that they are seized but that you have been the luckily chosen member of this "random survey", as they seemed to call it.

How it works: Canada Customs sends notification papers to the shipping company to hold certain packages selected at random. You will undoubtedly notice that your package has been sitting in customs for 2-4 days, and call inquisitively.

What you need to do: Print off your sales receipt, probably from Paypal, and go to the shipping office. They will give you the notification paper they received from customs, which you will take to the Canada Customs office. At Customs they will look at your receipt, and the quoted price from the shipper on the package. They will ask you the purpose of the item, and charge you the appropriate amount of taxes.

Finally you take the stamped and signed Customs papers back to the shipping company who will give you the package.

Hopefully non of you will be lucky as I was and need to do this. I'm sure its not so bad for those who need to compete with rush hour traffic. My only real annoyance is that they will not notify you within a reasonable time period, they basically expect you to call and ask why your package is in customs for such a long time.

Anyways, at least I got my package. " - Ducky, Manitoba Airsoft Association
Good to see someone posted this here, thanks Amos.

Ya this new policy is really annoying. Totally random to so you have no control over it.

The real annoyance was that the package wasn't even opened they just wanted my money.
If your package is being held up CONTACT THE SHIPPING COMPANY. They all have brokers to look into it, otherwise I have no idea how long before they will call you over this. They never actually notified me I had to contact them.
Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2007, 23:28   #35
bbb18c1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockafella View Post
I'm haveing the same issue, My items (ordered from huang) arravied at Canada Customs on the 15th of Oct it is now Oct 26th (10 business days) and it is showing as still being at Canada Customs. As far as i know a CTR stock and BUIS and flip up front sights are'nt restricted.
So waht should i do now?

:x I also have an order from Huang (CVAS and flip up sight) sitting at customs.

tracking says it was handed over to customs on the october 18.

Its been 11 days at customs...i'll give it till the end of the week before I call them.
bbb18c1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2007, 23:29   #36
Andres

Wait, so what's the point of that?
Andres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2007, 23:39   #37
Ducky

Send a message via MSN to Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Ducky
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb18c1 View Post
:x I also have an order from Huang (CVAS and flip up sight) sitting at customs.

tracking says it was handed over to customs on the october 18.

Its been 11 days at customs...i'll give it till the end of the week before I call them.
Do it now, trust me if its been there more than 3 days something is up. It will take a couple days to even figure out what happened.
Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2007, 23:45   #38
bbb18c1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
Do it now, trust me if its been there more than 3 days something is up. It will take a couple days to even figure out what happened.
sigh.....i was hoping they are just really backed up.

I guess i'll give a call tomorrow morning.

hmmm...does anyone know if huang actually puts the full value on the package?
It seems if I tell the amount I paid, and Huang puts a lower value, It would get him in trouble.
bbb18c1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2007, 00:07   #39
freecomfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
Most packages I recieve usually have a false value on the front, I believe its done in most cases as a courtesy so we dont get raped by taxes.
Haha man can I attest to that... Ordered full upgrades for my M15A4 from WGC, total came to $184ish (something like that) and they labeled the cost on the package as $1,840.

Luckily customs never made me pay anything for it otherwise I might of had some trouble with that.
Old October 30th, 2007, 01:00   #40
Zero

Quote:
if its been there more than 3 days something is up.

I think 72 hours is very ambitious. I have done 3 orders in the last 6 weeks. Shortest one was 4 business daysin customs. Longest, the current one, was released after 17 business days and is scheduled for delivery tomorrow a.m. It is 2 pistol and 5 M14 mags. Nothing suspect at all.......

M4A1
VSR 10 Gspec
MP5 SD6
WA SVI 3.9
TM Sig P226
TM M14
G&G UMG
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2007, 01:27   #41
SBranson23

I have had several packages held up in the past and I when I called Customs, they basically said that if it gets into the system (ie. inspection) it will take 3 weeks. Sure enough, any time it's been held up more than a couple days, it's taken 2.5 to 3 weeks. It's just procedure and the system, nothing fishy or personal. If you don't get a letter saying your stuff is seized then you'll get it. I'm in the position right now... it sucks to wait but what can we do?
SBranson23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2007, 01:40   #42
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb18c1 View Post
sigh.....i was hoping they are just really backed up.

I guess i'll give a call tomorrow morning.

hmmm...does anyone know if huang actually puts the full value on the package?
It seems if I tell the amount I paid, and Huang puts a lower value, It would get him in trouble.
What he said. What if the value on the package is say, $80 which is the actual value, and you say it's worth $20?

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2007, 03:11   #43
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Oh yeah I love how customs is somedays, with all my stuff, not just airsoft related. I ordered bunnyhug for a friend as a gift from overseas and when it came it had been crammed back into its packaging improperly folded so I had to carefully iron out all the insane wrinkliness before giving it to her.

"Its only a little bit on fire"

Last edited by TokyoSeven; October 30th, 2007 at 03:43..
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2007, 03:41   #44
damage

Send a message via Yahoo to damage
Looks like I am one of the "lucky ones" who got their airsoft held by the customs. I will follow what Amos did.

Last edited by damage; October 30th, 2007 at 04:04..
damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2007, 15:48   #45
rockafella

Angry

11 business days and counting....

"International item has been sent to Canadian Customs for processing "

Quote:

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General