Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

ASCA - Sale of final AEG stock

:

General

Old February 28th, 2007, 20:20   #31
frankiet

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestJohn View Post
ASCA is selling off the last few AEG's and GBB's in our inventory. We will not be importing any more for the foreseeable future. More news on that later, but for now we've only got about 10 items left (sigh), enjoy 15% off our regular retail prices.
Baby Jesus is crying in heaven!
frankiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2007, 20:22   #32
MMMiles!
Part man, part machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by lykurgus View Post
bbs, gas and parts are still going to be ok to sell, no?
Yes and yes - we will still be selling everything but guns.
MMMiles! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2007, 20:32   #33
amano999

I wanna cry.........

Team GHOSTS - Fides et Amicitia

G-69
amano999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2007, 20:36   #34
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Meh, I have enough guns for my playing, and redundancy among them as well (like, almost duals of everything).

Me, I'm just sitting back, going by what Miles says (I trust him) and am not crying or getting freaked out. Guess that skill comes with age.

Last edited by CDN_Stalker; February 28th, 2007 at 20:42..
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2007, 20:49   #35
pawscal
Just pulled the trigger on a M16A2
Old February 28th, 2007, 21:01   #36
Aaidin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post
Meh, I have enough guns for my playing, and redundancy among them as well (like, almost duals of everything).

Me, I'm just sitting back, going by what Miles says (I trust him) and am not crying or getting freaked out. Guess that skill comes with age.
I think the vast majority of us already have guns for playing, my sadness is because this going to make it much harder to get new players into the sport if we lose yet another line of access to guns.
Old February 28th, 2007, 21:07   #37
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaidin View Post
I think the vast majority of us already have guns for playing, my sadness is because this going to make it much harder to get new players into the sport if we lose yet another line of access to guns.
True, am aware of that, am concerned if this entire thing is real, or just isolated (chances of that are high) but as far as I'm concerned (based upon my own experience having never bought a gun from a retailer) for at least a few years there will be people entering the sport and other leaving the sport and selling off their kit. So for a while new players might have to resort to either waiting to get into the game with gear, or pick something they don't really want in order to play and wait for something they really want to be sold. Lack of retailers in the country actually selling new imported guns won't kill us for a few years, but a crack down on parts and such happens (as well as guns and ammo), that WILL eventually stop us ALL from playing.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2007, 21:07   #38
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaidin View Post
Yea, I got my first gun from ASCA a week ago yesterday. I was trying to get some more buddies into it, but alas, supplies are drying up

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2007, 21:28   #39
Manvil

I think at somepoint someone or a few people, with experience in these matters, have to step upto the plate and see what can or cannot be done to help this currently dwindling sport if we don't want it to dry out in the next couple of years.

"Amateurs train to success, professionals train to failure." -C.C.
Manvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2007, 21:28   #40
Dracheous
Lego Head

Hey Grey, I wonder if with that license would we be able to get a better channel for imports? Perhaps a class for a retailer perhaps that has to follow certian channels that any real steel fire-arms merchant has too?

I never looked into importing guns from outside the country. I know you need to purchase a permit to bring your fire-arms across the border. Did a few huntin' trips down to the States. Came up with just waiting till I get there and borrow a light rifle off a family member down there... SO much easier. But what about importing on your own?

"The hydrogen economy car from the people who brought you the 'Hindenburg'" - Glen Foster

Condoms do not guarantee safe sex any more. A friend of mine wore one and was shot by the woman's husband!
Dracheous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2007, 22:06   #41
thorvald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greylocks View Post
On your PAL would be a classification that would allow you to buy and own all the airsoft you want. And god help you if you screw up after that.

She fully agreed that this would make a lot of sense AND be workable.
Count me in on this option, I like it. That way if they mess up it affects their PAL and future possibility of ever owning a real gun.
thorvald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2007, 22:10   #42
F!reStorm*

Send a message via MSN to F!reStorm*
I like the idea of a PAL aswell. IMO everybody using anything similar to a firearm should get the course anyway.

"Task Force Afghanistan, To your fallen comrade, salute!"
F!reStorm* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2007, 22:19   #43
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorvald View Post
Count me in on this option, I like it. That way if they mess up it affects their PAL and future possibility of ever owning a real gun.
+1

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2007, 22:20   #44
Rumpel Felt

Send a message via MSN to Rumpel Felt
Now with a PAL option avaliable....would that enable international orders....or do they not have anything in common?

I'll read more....
Rumpel Felt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2007, 22:32   #45
littlerobz

Now is this the time we as a community discuss getting together to find a solution. Those of you in the east seem to have more information, who and how do we decide to let speak for us. I don't think it will help to have dozens of people running around with half information talking to representatives. I personally don't know the laws, so I will have to trust those how do. But who are the proper people who do know?

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General