Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Walmart... and SoftAir... 56k Warning.

:

General

Old December 31st, 2006, 15:03   #211
SuperCkicken

whats more christmassy than a gun under the tree??
SuperCkicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2006, 15:20   #212
malachite

hey any of u guy ever watch that "a christmas story"...
" I want an Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle! "
- Ralphie
"your gonna shot your eye out kid"-random guy
and it is so true...:P
malachite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2006, 15:57   #213
Moderate

Yes.
Moderate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2007, 23:09   #214
mtallman

Quote:
Okay, you have one of the very rare permits that allows you to store a real gun.
The permits aren't so rare to the fact that they are hard to get, they are rare to the fact that most people under 18 aren't into shooting yet.

Quote:
Please read about Replicas now. Different set of laws. The PAL does not matter for them
Well, technically if airsoft guns are replicas, every gun you have acquired since Dec 1 1998 was illegally acquired (unless you are a buisness). Every gun that has come into the posession of an individual (by buying new, selling, trading) was done so illegally (if airsoft guns are replicas).

This is from the CFC website:
Quote:
As an individual, you may keep any replicas that you owned on December 1, 1998. You do not need a licence to possess a replica firearm and it does not have to be registered. However, you cannot acquire, make or import a replica firearm. If you take a replica firearm out of Canada, you cannot bring it back in.
You cannot sell or give a replica firearm to an individual or to an unlicensed business.
Also, if airsoft guns are replicas (not capable of causeing bodily harm) that means I, a minor, could legally purchase an airsoft gun that is a replica of an antique gun, I can't name any off of the top of my head, but I'm sure there are some airsoft guns that are modeled after guns that are classed as antique.
Under federal law, antiques, and replicas of antiques, have no age boundaries. So minors could legally purchase some airsoft guns if airsoft guns are replicas.

You are right, PAL's do not matter for replicas. In fact, all replicas (except of antiques) are prohibited devices, which were "grandfathered" to their owners on Dec 1 1998. So, in theory, if airsofts are replicas no one that has gotten into airsoft in the last 8 years should be able to own an airsoft gun.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you are using the best parts of 2 classes of devices and dropping the worse parts. You maintain that airsoft can be legally acquired by people 18 + (as airguns are, but replicas aren't), but you also maintain that airsofts can not be in the posession of some 18- (as replicas are, but airguns aren't).

You make a big fuss when a minor, whose dad bought him a cheap "soft air" gun from Canadian Tire, claiming that he worked around the system. These guns are imported as airguns, which can be used/be in the possession of a minor. Even when he mentioned that it was purchased by his dad, and that he only shoots them on rural private property with safety gear, you say "you have gone around that rule (the 18+ rule). " and "That is not a good thing."
What isn't? That he's shooting targets in his back yard with an airgun?
So when my uncle took me pelletgun shooting when I was 10, that "was a bad thing"? That's when I took a greater interest in shooting, but unfortunately, that must have "been a bad thing".

I am relating to this thread: http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=29058

For the record, it is not Greylocks I am personally trying to bash, its the whole mentality that "somehow" it is illegal for a minor to shoot an airsoft gun, and minors who do airsoft are "irresponsible" because they are not 18 yet. Also, it is the bending of federal laws to promote this attitude when this is not the case. Airsofts are replicas when it comes to minors, and airguns when it comes to adults. If airsofts were replicas no one wouldn't be able to airsoft, and if they were airguns everyone would be able to "airsoft". There is no middle ground here, but some folks bend the rules so that its ok for some people, but not ok for others. The controls on airguns are the purchasing of them, not the usage (and even minors with firearms licsenses are able to purchase airguns where I live.) So what if a parent buys an airsoft (or even a cheap soft air) gun for their responsible kid, who uses it responsibly. There is nothing illegal about it (unless airsofts are replicas in which case they are illegal for almost everyone).

EDIT:
Ok, a few more quotes I dug up. Yay, its time for the fun quoting .I'm refering to this thread http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthr...t=24187&page=2

Quote:
Waiting wont kill you and you'll know more by the time you can legally play.
by Greylocks.
Again, this is the "it is illegal for minors to airsoft" mentality. This is like saying its illegal for a minor to shoot a pellet gun, or drive a car. It is the purchaseing of the gun, not the use of the gun.

Quote:
I am 14, and was at first very upset when i found out legal age for airsoft was 18
This is what the person said in responce to your quote. The point is that you guys think you can make up federal laws. Guess what? Thats the gov'ts job. You have made him believe that the legal age for airsoft is 18. Kind of like how the Liberals made everybody believe that hunters don't hunt with handguns to ban them (some people in the states use big bore revolvers for big game, and .22 pistols for small game).

Quote:
but realistically, responsible minors can play. I know of several who have come and watched games, earned the respect of players and have ordered guns through respected members...
Posted by Droc
This is what I'm talking about being more open to a group of people, and not using their characteristics to judge them.

Quote:
Making up federal laws is the Federal Government's job
-me

Last edited by mtallman; January 28th, 2007 at 20:36.. Reason: spelling
mtallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2007, 00:35   #215
Droc
Ah, the minor who claims to legally own guns trying to lecture the firearms instructor.

As much as I know how bad these kids want airsoft guns, I still find it funneh as hell to watch them piss and moan over the rules. The only thing that could be more entertaining is if I could hang one of my AEGs over mtallman's head just out of reach as he jumps at it like a puppy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtallman View Post
There is a quote that anything that is not consistent with the Constitution/Charter/Laws has no force or effect.

Well, the Charter prevents discrimination based on age. Saying a minor can not airsoft because he is a minor, and not because of any laws, is discrimination based on age.

So...there's something to think about while I munch on my cookie.
Hahahaha.
When this thread gets trashed sooner or later, Im gonna nominate that post as stupidest post of the year.

Last edited by Droc; January 8th, 2007 at 00:40..
Old January 8th, 2007, 09:50   #216
Greylocks

Listen, the problem here is that there are laws. The laws are unclear. The people interpreting the laws dont know shit.

So how do they INTERPRET the laws? In the only way that makes sense and that is by using the PARTS that work.

So you are accusing ME of pointing out how things are done while not reading that I fully realize it's all pretty stupid.

But until the laws are clarified this IS what happens in real life;

For 99% of people, you cant OWN replicas if you are under 18. (Dont get antique guns into this, different laws and it just makes everything even more confusing).

You CAN use a replica gun when you are under 18 IF the owner is present and monitor's it's use. After use, the owner must regain property of it and store it.

That is how the current laws and policies are INTERPRETED wether you like it or not, and going against those laws and policies means you face consequences that can be nasty NOT ONLY FOR YOU, but for OTHERS as well.

Allright? Is this clear enough? We can continue to quote exact laws that contradict themselves for the next several years, or finally get the CLUE on how they are Enforced.
The Enforcement is what matters to us in the end unless you want to argue with a Judge.

Since the ONLY major problem with airsoft ownership is being over 18, then the ONLY solution is to be patient. Is that so hard to do?
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2007, 17:11   #217
mtallman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droc View Post
Ah, the minor who claims to legally own guns trying to lecture the firearms instructor.

As much as I know how bad these kids want airsoft guns, I still find it funneh as hell to watch them piss and moan over the rules. The only thing that could be more entertaining is if I could hang one of my AEGs over mtallman's head just out of reach as he jumps at it like a puppy.

Hahahaha.
When this thread gets trashed sooner or later, Im gonna nominate that post as stupidest post of the year.
I'm not here because I want airsoft guns. I could/will be happy to stick with real shooting probably indefinitely. I'm only here to question the rules on the strait side. Its kind of like how legal gun owners fight for their right to legally own firearms (the guys that you guys trash). Sure, they could go buy a prohibited pistol from the nearest gang/drug dealer, but they have respect for the system and would like to have respect given back to them, while keeping a clean conscience. Society is only society when there is a general respect for law and authority, but when this is misused it can lead to bad things.

Noticed that I haven't gone to name calling childish behaviour. Feel free to continue, but I am out for a while.

Quote:
Making up federal laws is the Federal Government's job
-me
mtallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2007, 20:41   #218
Greylocks

Honestly real gun ownership is FAR simpler.
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2007, 22:10   #219
Droc
now where did I put that worlds smallest violin?
Old January 9th, 2007, 22:32   #220
Jixton

OMG, don't stop it's like a soap. Each day i just come here to see what will be the next mistery.........

I live for this thread.

CERTIFIED LEVEL 2 BA OPERATORS
Jixton is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General