Walmart... and SoftAir... 56k Warning.

:

General

Old December 11th, 2006, 00:21   #136
Dracheous
Lego Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greylocks View Post
I'm just sick of reading about "Can my daddy buy it for me?" crap.

I nominate Greylocks to be at one of these :

To answer that question

"The hydrogen economy car from the people who brought you the 'Hindenburg'" - Glen Foster

Condoms do not guarantee safe sex any more. A friend of mine wore one and was shot by the woman's husband!
Dracheous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2006, 00:27   #137
Grave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracheous View Post
I nominate Greylocks to be at one of these :

To answer that question
...wow... the perfect solution...
Old December 12th, 2006, 00:11   #138
forcerecon85

i went back to my local walmart in london and actually found someone that worked in the sports department. when asked "if you have to be over 18 to buy and handle this product, why isn't it behind the glass with the BB guns?" and i was told that there was no room so the store manager wants it on the floor, that you have to be ID'ed before you buy it and you should wear goggles when using it. so i bought that response, for now. i'm sure that walmart could afford to put in a bigger glass display up, but they rather just keep the money in their pocket. part of me wants to unleash a wild pack of soccer moms, but i just don't know where they would draw the line.
Old December 15th, 2006, 16:39   #139
Dr_Tinshnipz

Well, another low i see Canadian Tire is now advertising these soft air guns in their flyers.
Dr_Tinshnipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2006, 19:26   #140
Moderate

They advertise chainsaws and hatchets, air rifles and crossbows...what is so bad about soft airgun ads?
Moderate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2006, 02:22   #141
G3SG1

Send a message via MSN to G3SG1
Ya they sell them to anybody, but they do say "MUST WEAR EYE PROTECTION" in big bold letters. My friend has some of them and they don't hurt at all. Infact there pieces of crap. The "Full Auto's" don't even do full auto, they never work and you have to be standing like 25 feet away to even be able to hit someone... so kinda pathetic if you ask me.
G3SG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2006, 02:41   #142
Dr_Tinshnipz

Quote:
Originally Posted by moderatesniper View Post
They advertise chainsaws and hatchets, air rifles and crossbows...what is so bad about soft airgun ads?
Just thought it was a bold move.
Dr_Tinshnipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2006, 18:43   #143
Cortex
Has a life outside Airsoft

I have one of those springers from crosman... its horrible compared to my MK23 Socom... but gas > spring in this case...
Old December 20th, 2006, 21:09   #144
kalnaren

Having spent six years in cadets I've seen some of the stupid shit young kids do when they get a rifle. Like it says even on the Corssman soft airguns, treat it like a real firearm. I can't believe parents would get their kids a real rifle without any kind of training, so why would they get their kids a pellet gun and be like "now go have fun little Jimmy..."

I'm just looking at getting into the sport now... I'll be real pissed if some little f**ktard ruins it right after I drop a crapload on some equipment...
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2006, 22:32   #145
somedude

I'm 14, and own 2 soft air guns and they are POS IMO and im looking forward to when i can actually buy a real air soft gun. I'd stop with all the "13 year old's are imature and will never be capable to handle a airgun properly" I've taken my hunters education course and have hunted with an airgun and real firearm before and only fight with soft air guns on our farmland. Some soft air guns break 350 fps with .20's so they are stronger than you think. Whenever i fight i use ski-goggles or something relativley protective.

Just wanted to put that out there.
somedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2006, 02:51   #146
neil555688

Send a message via MSN to neil555688
you shoud rethink using ski goggles because they wont stop a bb
And then Jacob looked up and called upon the mighty power of the Lord, who descended from heaven on a golden chariot with a Vulcan minigun stuck on the front and smote Zacharia with a sustained full-auto burst. And Lo! Jacob proclaimed:
"God is indeed MIGHTY!!"
neil555688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2006, 03:10   #147
damage

Send a message via Yahoo to damage
Wow I was at Crap Tire today to pick some O-rings after that I walk by at their "softair" section is almost sold out. A clear M4 and shotty is the one only left on the shelves. "I want that for christmas mommy!"
Old December 21st, 2006, 12:05   #148
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by somedude View Post
I'm 14, and own 2 soft air guns and they are POS IMO and im looking forward to when i can actually buy a real air soft gun. I'd stop with all the "13 year old's are imature and will never be capable to handle a airgun properly" I've taken my hunters education course and have hunted with an airgun and real firearm before and only fight with soft air guns on our farmland. Some soft air guns break 350 fps with .20's so they are stronger than you think. Whenever i fight i use ski-goggles or something relativley protective.

Then you're one of those few responsible ones, good job. I still wouldn't want most of the 13-yo kids I know running around with a projectile-shooting instrument.
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2006, 14:03   #149
Dracheous
Lego Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by somedude View Post

So, where are we going to read next that you got shot in a hunting accident? You think its easy to say "Shit, I'm responsible, I can handle it!"

This kid is only 14! I've seen 31 year old's say this and still get themselves shot. Two years ago we had a kid that came up, who decided that since he was responsible enough he was going to load to semi-auto .308's and fire from his dad's truck. To top it off the direction he was shooting in, had a farm house on the other side of the fucking hill!

Responsible puts the gun down. And no, we're not quiting with the "blame all 13 year olds," Because its easier to pass off anyone over 18 that does something stupid as an idiot, but a kid might not have known better and thought that it made him super "responsible."

"The hydrogen economy car from the people who brought you the 'Hindenburg'" - Glen Foster

Condoms do not guarantee safe sex any more. A friend of mine wore one and was shot by the woman's husband!
Dracheous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2006, 14:27   #150
-SWAT-

Send a message via MSN to -SWAT-
fasts are that the rule stands, 18+ is 18+ and i dont care how old you are, if your not 18+ or know any better you shouldnt even touch a softair gun let along a Firearm... talk about responsible parents. and your little hunters/firearms course is a common sence course and it doesnt mean shit, accidents can and will happen that can cost you your life or someone elces, or in softair/airsoft your vision or someone elces.

im getting tired of the 13 year olds that come on here and "think" the are responsible... and "think" they know how its all done. those videos that were posted earlyer just goes to show what happens.

-SWAT- is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General