Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Walmart... and SoftAir... 56k Warning.

:

General

Old October 16th, 2006, 20:45   #1
Identity
Banned

Walmart... and SoftAir... 56k Warning.

Look what I found last weekend when I went to visit my local Walmart. (Markville Mall)
A bunch of SoftAir guns. All of them were electric blow backs + a few non-blowback mini electrics. There was a few tubs of crappy 6mm bb's left though.
Theres no age requirement in purchasing them. I saw them nearly next to the kids toys section.

I saw a group of I'm guessing around 12 year old kids buying A STACK LOAD. They took all of the springer shotguns + several EBB's + tubs of those crappy softair bbs. As you can see the p226 is out of stock same with many of the other EBB's walmart had. I over heard them talking about how they were going to shoot cars and have a "team deathmatch" guessing they mean team skirmish.

No age requirement AT ALL. I was suprised. No wonder we have kids running around parks playing with softair and shooting each other without wearing proper eye gear.

Pictures below.

The shotguns were all sold out. It looked like a M3 shorty from what the kids were carrying.

What do you guys think about this? Should Walmart have put these behind their cages or freely let kids buy softair without their parents knowing?

Update:

Last week at Markville Walmart, me and my buddy were going to buy some Propane and we encountered 2 teenaged kids(brothers), if I were to guess their age they were around 13-14 years old.
We saw them buying the shotgun, and they tried purchasing it by themselves however the cashier prompted the 18+ question. They ended up calling their mom and begging her to buy the shotty for them. I'm not sure if they ended up picking up the shotgun however, they sure begged their mom for it.

Another group of skateboarding dickheads came into walmart and were trashing up the place, they were yelling out loud talking to each other saying, O HEY LETS HAVE SPRINGER WARS OUTSIDE!
Man markville mall is full of those skateboarding teens!

Last edited by Identity; January 9th, 2007 at 17:17..
Identity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2006, 20:47   #2
Dr_Tinshnipz

In the wal-mart I work at they are behind glass and its 18+ to buy, I don't know if they enforce it because I work nights.
Dr_Tinshnipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2006, 20:56   #3
ColtFarmer

Send a message via MSN to ColtFarmer
at one walmart here in london they are much like the pics above, totally exposed and usually sold out, but at another across town they are all behind the glass wall.

dont know if they enforce the 18+ rules at either, i've never been carded buying them...
Old October 16th, 2006, 20:56   #4
Ph0_Eat3r

Send a message via MSN to Ph0_Eat3r
did you see how much one of them targets costed haha ??
Ph0_Eat3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2006, 20:58   #5
TCLP

Locked up. Hell on the back of the crappy crosman guns It says must be 16 yrs or older to use.
TCLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2006, 21:09   #6
Identity
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph0_Eat3r View Post
Behind the target is a EBB beretta, thats why the target costs so much I just didnt bother flipping the box over to show you the WELLS Peice of shit Beretta.
Old October 16th, 2006, 21:10   #7
canadian guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph0_Eat3r View Post
The paper target in the top right comes with a spring gun...

They dont check ID at the store in Barrie south end. Atleast not from what I have seen. Besides... the kids at the cash arent even over 18.. so it isnt like they are going to ask if the buyer is over 18 ...
canadian guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2006, 21:14   #8
Pliskin

Send a message via MSN to Pliskin
It's 18+ here for WalMart and Canadian Tire. Strange that some stores go against policy?

Pliskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2006, 21:18   #9
Dr_Tinshnipz

Stores that are caught doing that can be "coached" so you should complain. Coaching is having to talk to your head boss.
Old October 16th, 2006, 21:26   #10
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Tinshnipz View Post
Coaching is having to talk to your head boss.

And then they make you do the walmart cheer.... *shudder*
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2006, 21:33   #11
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Reminds me I need to buy more red 0.12g BBs for next season. Seriously, I use them! Cuts down wear on my mechbox.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2006, 21:35   #12
Dr_Tinshnipz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokanee View Post
And then they make you do the walmart cheer.... *shudder*
hahaha They tried to make me do that on orientation day, but I was like screw you I work nights don't push your cult on me!
Old October 16th, 2006, 21:37   #13
MrEvolution
MrChairsoft

at the canadian tire near my place theyre behind the glass, but theyre also stored with the real steal shotgun buckshot.

id imagine the press will get a hold of this "Team deathmatch" stuff after one of the kids loses an eye, and the soccer moms will win again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGrail25 View Post
I'm no expert on the law, but the only victims of rape in this story are the 40 men.
MrEvolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2006, 21:39   #14
Korneil

Send a message via MSN to Korneil
At my local Walmart the softair guns are in the same section of paintball and firearms stuff, near the toys section, locked up though. I don't know if they enforce the 18+ to buy such things I should check some how.

Korneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2006, 21:42   #15
Identity
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Tinshnipz View Post
hahaha They tried to make me do that on orientation day, but I was like screw you I work nights don't push your cult on me!
Haha damned Walmart. How is the night shifts? Hows the pay? I've read several articles why their products are cheaper. They cut wages and order from china to make the products cheaper for customers.

Yeah It's pretty stupid how they don't keep the stuff in the cages. They keep GPS systems the cages but not the softair that could potentially take out a persons eye.

I can buy airguns at Canadian Tire. The staff do not even bother carding or even asking how old I am. Last time I asked to take a look at those crappy Softair AEGs. I just wanted to see the internals and the guy opened the cage and asked if I wanted it.
The whole 18+ doesn't apply at many stores. People dont really care to bother carding or even asking.

Last edited by Identity; October 16th, 2006 at 21:44..
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General