Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Are you under 18 years old? - Discussion Thread

:

General

Closed Thread

Old June 4th, 2006, 19:18   #121
neil555688

Send a message via MSN to neil555688
I asked why I couldn’t buy a gun on another forum that I belong to and I got this answer that I think makes sense
Quote:
Hey, saw your thread, give ya a tip, if you have any questions reguarding rules or age direct them at myself or phox, we'll respond to you with an answer, the rest of the club will just tell you to read the rules or just be rude.

Here's the deal, the only reason people consider it legal to 'own' an airsoft gun is because the laws that govern ownership are vague.

Now, you know as well as i do, retailers will not sell to <18yrs because they are covering there asses. Which is a good policy. The reason joc and many other clubs has gone to a 18+ buy/sell, is because we want to control the amount of weapons circulated to the underage community.

What you need to understand is anyone could screw this up for all of us. a 30yr collector, a 16yr, hell me. All it takes is wrong place at the wrong time, and this could all backfire.

We don't target the 16-18 yr groups because of maturity, but because of accountability. Lets say you walked by a window at your house and by fluke someone saw you with a m4... they call the cops you get in trouble, and the next day the harold has an article. Everyone will blame your parents or the organization you play with, and won't blame you... why... because they see you as a misguided youth, and you shouldn't know any better.

Now reverse the roles, lets say it's me, 25yrs old and i get cought. Hell, the harold won't print a story because who cares; there is no cause to support. I'd get in trouble with the cops, pay a fine, and most likely lose all my airsoft.

by cause ^, i mean... kids shouldn't play violant video games because they turn into killers... kids see too many violant movies... etc. nobody every blames the kids, they blame everyone else.

So you can see, joc is 18+, because of accountability.
And then Jacob looked up and called upon the mighty power of the Lord, who descended from heaven on a golden chariot with a Vulcan minigun stuck on the front and smote Zacharia with a sustained full-auto burst. And Lo! Jacob proclaimed:
"God is indeed MIGHTY!!"
Old June 4th, 2006, 19:36   #122
mikeh0303
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil555688
I asked why I couldn’t buy a gun on another forum that I belong to and I got this answer that I think makes sense
Quote:
Hey, saw your thread, give ya a tip, if you have any questions reguarding rules or age direct them at myself or phox, we'll respond to you with an answer, the rest of the club will just tell you to read the rules or just be rude.

Here's the deal, the only reason people consider it legal to 'own' an airsoft gun is because the laws that govern ownership are vague.

Now, you know as well as i do, retailers will not sell to <18yrs because they are covering there asses. Which is a good policy. The reason joc and many other clubs has gone to a 18+ buy/sell, is because we want to control the amount of weapons circulated to the underage community.

What you need to understand is anyone could screw this up for all of us. a 30yr collector, a 16yr, hell me. All it takes is wrong place at the wrong time, and this could all backfire.

We don't target the 16-18 yr groups because of maturity, but because of accountability. Lets say you walked by a window at your house and by fluke someone saw you with a m4... they call the cops you get in trouble, and the next day the harold has an article. Everyone will blame your parents or the organization you play with, and won't blame you... why... because they see you as a misguided youth, and you shouldn't know any better.

Now reverse the roles, lets say it's me, 25yrs old and i get cought. Hell, the harold won't print a story because who cares; there is no cause to support. I'd get in trouble with the cops, pay a fine, and most likely lose all my airsoft.

by cause ^, i mean... kids shouldn't play violant video games because they turn into killers... kids see too many violant movies... etc. nobody every blames the kids, they blame everyone else.

So you can see, joc is 18+, because of accountability.
I can understand that, but I still think that even if you are under 18 you should be able to get a gun. As long as the kid is mature!
Old June 4th, 2006, 19:39   #123
Greylocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeh0303
What is so bad about kids under 18, really some of us can handle a gun belive it or not! Ya there are kids under 18 that cant but some can. I also find that it makes no sence that you can be 16 and drive a car and not play with an airsoft gun! a car is 100000000+ times more dangerous then an airsoft gun.

I am sure that when you were younger then 18 you would want to play airsoft.

Personly I think you should go fuck your self!

Feel free to give me crap! i really dont give a shit!
Is there an award for moronic behavior and insults? I think you may be one of the first to get it.
You read nothing, you understood nothing. That was your choice, child.
Old June 4th, 2006, 19:45   #124
Dracheous
Lego Head

And if you read the forums FAQ which is substantionally large, you'll find it says JUST that over and over and over again. So my question to you is this, if someone a kid or what not takes a stick and pokes you with it, and keeps doing it over and over and over and over will you honestly be able to tell me that at some point in time you will NOT get irritated with this?

And don't give me some bullshit answer like, "Well I'd explain it to the kid/person why he/she shouldn't... blah blah blah blah" Cause I'll answer with "Shut the fuck up." Reason being is because you didn't pick up on the hint of this example, because it would be impossible for someone to NEVER get irrated with someone who kept doing the same thing over and over and after many attempts to "explain why he/she shouldn't..." because really thats what they tried when they said "FAQ you lil shit!" but ya didn't listen. Now the problem is you have so many people who "didn't" listen and now you have people on the last thread of patience with just about anyone poking because it appears that none of em have the time/patience/maturity/brains/commonsense/ability/balls or what ever you want to call it to actually go read the FAQ they pointed out to you at the beginning of this VERY thread.

We don't write that it should be 18+ here, its the veiw of the country that writes that rule. Because thats the age set by Canadians across the nation as the accepted "Adult" level. Well guess what, the community doesn't want "kids" fudging up their hobby/sport/activity/stress relief or what ever you wish to call it. Because the "soccer moms"/people/lefties/righties/tighties/and everyone else that looks onto this go, "I don't think thats right, and those kids shouldn't have guns! OH NOES! They've gone beyond Counterstrike games call in the governer we need a bann on this before it gets out of hand." Where as you see a group of adults, you get a raised eyebrow and people wanting nothing to do with it....

Moral of the whole story. No one bitch slapped you yet, so what the hell is the point of trying to make everyone look bad by getting a post from some other forum where someone had recently taken their morphine hit and desided to repeat themselves again? Second moral to the story... Ask Greylocks... he'll tell you where the FAQ is...
Old June 4th, 2006, 19:51   #125
Dracheous
Lego Head

Quote:
]
I can understand that, but I still think that even if you are under 18 you should be able to get a gun. As long as the kid is mature!

And who the hell is going to define who is mature enough to hold a god damn gun? Why don't we re-write the whole god damn law on guns right now. "IF you're mature enough you can own a gun, you don't need to be 18+ to own a .357 magnum or a 9mm Glock any longer!"...

You know what happens then? We start seeing this "increase" in "mature" kids until one day just one of them snaps and then a chain reaction of lil kids with their rap crap and hebop junk goes ape crap because the lastest much music television hog wash dirt was cancled... SHAKE YOUR HEAD PLEASE!

Just think about what you just said... "I think any kid should be able to get a gun as long as the kid is mature!" You know I'll bet that somewhere someone said those kids that shot up Columbine thought one of em atleast at somepoint in time thought the kid was "mature"... for his age... but look he was able to get guns and deal with the "Problems" you think it was mature?
Old June 4th, 2006, 19:56   #126
mikeh0303
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracheous
Quote:
]

And who the hell is going to define who is mature enough to hold a god damn gun? Why don't we re-write the whole god damn law on guns right now. "IF you're mature enough you can own a gun, you don't need to be 18+ to own a .357 magnum or a 9mm Glock any longer!"...

You know what happens then? We start seeing this "increase" in "mature" kids until one day just one of them snaps and then a chain reaction of lil kids with their rap crap and hebop junk goes ape crap because the lastest much music television hog wash dirt was cancled... SHAKE YOUR HEAD PLEASE!

Just think about what you just said... "I think any kid should be able to get a gun as long as the kid is mature!" You know I'll bet that somewhere someone said those kids that shot up Columbine thought one of em atleast at somepoint in time thought the kid was "mature"... for his age... but look he was able to get guns and deal with the "Problems" you think it was mature?
sorry, by gun i ment airsoft not real gun!!! lol
I am not crazy just a bit **** in the head
I kinda just guessed by saying gun u would all think airsoft. Sorry about that.
I also understand that it would be impossible to find out and seperate all the kids that are mature.
Old June 4th, 2006, 20:02   #127
^Hyperion^

Everybody here who can read French , go in the Events from Quebec page.
Look up at the thread titled : Action Commando le 18 juilet 2006. It's definately worth it. Not good for underage people

Old June 4th, 2006, 20:27   #128
mikeh0303
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^Hyperion^
Everybody here who can read French , go in the Events from Quebec page.
Look up at the thread titled : Action Commando le 18 juilet 2006. It's definately worth it. Not good for underage people
french is hard! i dont get it in school!
Old June 4th, 2006, 20:30   #129
SHaKaL

Send a message via MSN to SHaKaL
Arrete donc de capoter... Vondnik lorqu'il va avoir une minute, va deleter le thread...
Pis en passant toi meme t'es pas age verified,*a reagir comme tu le fait tu doit pas etre trop loin de l'age de Ti-Gab...
Old June 4th, 2006, 20:34   #130
mikeh0303
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greylocks
Quote:
What is so bad about kids under 18, really some of us can handle a gun belive it or not! Ya there are kids under 18 that cant but some can. I also find that it makes no sence that you can be 16 and drive a car and not play with an airsoft gun! a car is 100000000+ times more dangerous then an airsoft gun.

I am sure that when you were younger then 18 you would want to play airsoft.

Personly I think you should go f*** your self!

Feel free to give me crap! i really dont give a shit!
Is there an award for moronic behavior and insults? I think you may be one of the first to get it.
You read nothing, you understood nothing. That was your choice, child.
What i said was uncalled for and I would like to say sorry to you. I just hate it when all the 18+ people think that there are no kids under the age of 18 that should be allowed to play. Sorry again for what i said.
Old June 4th, 2006, 20:35   #131
mikeh0303
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHaKaL
Arrete donc de capoter... Vondnik lorqu'il va avoir une minute, va deleter le thread...
Pis en passant toi meme t'es pas age verified,*a reagir comme tu le fait tu doit pas etre trop loin de l'age de Ti-Gab...
Um...... Can anyone translate??? :?: :neutral: I am guessing it is something about age?
Old June 4th, 2006, 20:38   #132
^Hyperion^

Quote:

Je suis outré que tu oses me comparer a ti-gab. Moi j'ai fait mes preuves dans le airsoft même a 16 ans , j'impliquais mes parents et je ne faisais rien sous la table. C'est pas pour rien que j'avais 3 personnes pour me parrainer sur le site de ASM , j'ai fais mes preuves de maturité. STP je te demanderais de t'excuser et si tu doutes de ce que je dis , s'il te plait contacte Red Tiger ou Fox pour leur demander leur opinion. J'attend des excuses

Old June 4th, 2006, 20:41   #133
mikeh0303
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^Hyperion^
Quote:

Je suis outré que tu oses me comparer a ti-gab. Moi j'ai fait mes preuves dans le airsoft même a 16 ans , j'impliquais mes parents et je ne faisais rien sous la table. C'est pas pour rien que j'avais 3 personnes pour me parrainer sur le site de ASM , j'ai fais mes preuves de maturité. STP je te demanderais de t'excuser et si tu doutes de ce que je dis , s'il te plait contacte Red Tiger ou Fox pour leur demander leur opinion. J'attend des excuses
I went on google and this is the translation: I am outraged that you oses to compare to me has Ti-gab. Me I proved reliable in the airsoft even is 16 years old, I implied my parents and I did not do anything under the table. It is not for only I had 3 people to sponsor me on the site of ASM, I have prove reliable of maturity. STP I would ask you to excuse yourself and if you doubts of what I say, if it plait you contacts Red Tiger or Fox to ask them their opinion. I awaits excuses
Old June 4th, 2006, 20:43   #134
mikeh0303
Banned

Quote:
Google tranlation: Decree thus to hood… Vondnik lorqu' it will have one minute, goes deleter the thread… Worse while passing you same do not be to you age verified, *a to react as you does it you does not have too to be far from the Ti-Gab age…
Old June 4th, 2006, 20:47   #135
SHaKaL

Send a message via MSN to SHaKaL
Lol... a voir ta panique et tes posts a repetition sur Ti-Gab... c'est pas ce que j'appelle etre mature... Pis tu me donne raison en plus, tu as 16 ans...donc pas très loin de l'age de l'autre, donc je n'ai aucunes raisons de m'excuser. Que tu sois parrainer sur ASM, c'est bien, arrete juste de paniquer... les choses vont se replacer et Vondnic va faire le ménage.
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General