Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Worst Airsoft Injury Ever

:

General

Old January 2nd, 2006, 13:12   #76
D_oo_S

Send a message via MSN to D_oo_S
Worst injury.. When I was running and tripped and fell ontop of my M933 and put it into two pieces. Mind you I did have a 8 inch silencer on it so that helped.
Old January 2nd, 2006, 13:24   #77
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
hunkering down behind a barrel with some guy on top of the hill with a working vulcan = extremely volatile, slightly upset( ready to shove the damn thing up his ass)his ejection from the game plus the threat of dimembering a certain body part and me picking out bb's out of my head and aeg 6 hrs later
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2006, 13:42   #78
yanhchan

Send a message via AIM to yanhchan Send a message via MSN to yanhchan
I think layvering is key for balaclavas if you have like thin ones or you might want to sew extra material to protect some specific spots like your mouth.

Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country ~John F. Kennedy
yanhchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2006, 13:59   #79
ScottMcLeod

Send a message via ICQ to ScottMcLeod Send a message via AIM to ScottMcLeod Send a message via MSN to ScottMcLeod Send a message via Yahoo to ScottMcLeod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greylocks
The most embarassing was a guy who had just crawled through a large patch of poison ivy; we had to hose and soap him down.
Hehe. Been there, done that, and all I got was this lousy... rash.

My worst airsoft injury was definitely from crawling through poison ivy at 'nam at Foxden in ottawa.

Somewhere I have photos of the blisters that grew on my arms (and I did landscaping as a dayjob.) I basically had my arms wrapped for about 2 weeks with calomine.

Blisters must've been at least 5mm high, all down my arms (and in certtain other places that showed up later that night.)

Lesson learned, if you think there's posion ivy, hold your pee as long as humanly possible.
ScottMcLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2006, 14:23   #80
yanhchan

Send a message via AIM to yanhchan Send a message via MSN to yanhchan
Quote:
Lesson learned, if you think there's posion ivy, hold your pee as long as humanly possible.
Agreed but its a cheap way to ENLARGE YOUR *****

Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country ~John F. Kennedy
yanhchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2006, 04:45   #81
Arvara

Wow, saftey gear seems more than justified. I realize that some people don't care about the pain/bleeding but I'm pretty thin skinned, usually dressing in a balaclava with paintball mask and several layers in the chest and legs, although I'm going to start thinking about getting better gloves. I don't know how I'm going to be able to shoot at some of my better friends who think that sunglasses are face protection now.

Way to scare the newbs into safe play
Arvara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2006, 06:29   #82
Greylocks

If your friends think sunglasses are enough, they are STUPID and should NOT be playing this game at all. That's a huge risk to them, and an even worse legal risk to everyone around them.
No suitable protection worn = No Game. Period. Geeze!
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2006, 08:23   #83
yawn

Send a message via ICQ to yawn
Went up some wooden tower thing in FR 2 years ago, the next thing I know is my left leg going through a hole and the only thing keeping the rest of me going through the hole is my right knee, which somehow got wedged in an odd 90 degree angle. Called for help as I couldn't get out of the hole myself and didn't have any leverage.

Still hurts to this day when it rains

BTW who the fuck puts a hole in a tower...
[17:31] MMMiles: well, i think we have to hope people just stop browsing the damn gallery so much
[17:31] MMMiles: it's basically 50% of our traffic...
[17:35] yawn: someone really likes pictures of guys dressed in fatigues huh/
[17:35] MMMiles: it's better not to think about it
[17:36] yawn: we should start charging if that's the case
yawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2006, 18:02   #84
Arvara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greylocks
If your friends think sunglasses are enough, they are STUPID and should NOT be playing this game at all. That's a huge risk to them, and an even worse legal risk to everyone around them.
No suitable protection worn = No Game. Period. Geeze!
Yeah, I can really agree with that. This thread seems to have straightened them out though.
Arvara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2006, 18:11   #85
LucidFox

Send a message via AIM to LucidFox Send a message via MSN to LucidFox
Quote:
Originally Posted by yawn
Went up some wooden tower thing in FR 2 years ago, the next thing I know is my left leg going through a hole and the only thing keeping the rest of me going through the hole is my right knee, which somehow got wedged in an odd 90 degree angle. Called for help as I couldn't get out of the hole myself and didn't have any leverage.

Still hurts to this day when it rains

BTW who the fuck puts a hole in a tower...
Was the hole for a ladder?(joke)

Ouch that had to hurt man . Glad yo udidn't fall and like...die or break something.
LucidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2006, 02:28   #86
.:Seaforth:.

Hey I remember seeing some neoprene face masks made by King arms.

Those look like they could stop a bb all i know is im going to be getting one soon. when i get the money. they also make half sized ones to.
.:Seaforth:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2006, 07:20   #87
Haggis

Send a message via MSN to Haggis
eYEBALL DAMAGe

About 6 years ago we used to play a version of airsoft in the UK...one of the guys had open sided eye protection on and a shot came in from the side, hit the inner surface of his glasses and ricco'd against the surface of his eye...had to get stitches on his actuall eyeball....very scarey...thought he had lost his eye and more imporantly...scarey cuz we were already one man short on our team so this was a real bad situation :lol:

MEDIC !!! bring the preperation H !!
Give a man a fish, he can feed his family for a day.
Give a man a fishing rod, he can feed his family for a year.
Give a man a gun, he can execute his family, fish when he wants, and eat all he catches.
"guide to being a bastard" HAGGIS 1998
Haggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2006, 08:03   #88
CannonFodder

A Nip Off The Tip

no pain no gain, but teeth are expensive

took one to the junk from a TM G18c GBB at point blank in my buddies basement where we sometimes play...that was unpleasant, couldn't screw for a week
Old January 30th, 2006, 13:09   #89
Lynxicanus

Ive been shot in the corporate package before from 8 feet away (took about 5 or 6 bb's) which was rather painfull, but by far the worst shot I have ever recieved was right on the tip of my nose. Dropped me to my nees, eyes wattered up so I couldnt see anything, even took me a second or so before I could find my voice and start swearing and cursing.

The one thing I never understood is how people 'have more respect' for airsoft when they find out it hurts... You have got to love the mentality that if something doesnt hurt then it does not make my ***** bigger and I'm not too manly for my pants.

I was sooo disapointed when I found out people didnt change after we left kindergarden.
Lynxicanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2006, 14:29   #90
Dr_Tinshnipz

so far just 2 propane burns ( dont know what to call them) on my pinky fingers
Dr_Tinshnipz is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General